Mom says I idolize my opinions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always listen carefully to Mom but I sometimes have to reject what she says. For example, she thinks marijuana isn't so bad. She doesn't use it but still that leads me to not accept everything she says. I'm always interrogating myself on this question of pride in general. I have to. Have others here (besides those with whom were collisions) notice to what degree she might right in the case of idolizing my own opinions?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Im sorry but i don't know you well enough to be able to give an opinion...
When she says that marijuana isn't so bad i would ask "compared to what"... It may not be as bad as other drugs but its a gateway drug to them... Many people will evolve to harder drugs...
Also, different people are affected differently... I know someone who went insane and killed himself just from smoking weed...
Another important one is that just because u disagree on her with weed or just cos she is wrong about weed it doesn't mean she is wrong about everything...
I would ask her to be more specific about idolizing your opinions. Which opinions is she talking about? In what way does she see u idolizing?

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im sorry but i don't know you well enough to be able to give an opinion...
When she says that marijuana isn't so bad i would ask "compared to what"... It may not be as bad as other drugs but its a gateway drug to them... Many people will evolve to harder drugs...
Also, different people are affected differently... I know someone who went insane and killed himself just from smoking weed...
Another important one is that just because u disagree on her with weed or just cos she is wrong about weed it doesn't mean she is wrong about everything...
I would ask her to be more specific about idolizing your opinions. Which opinions is she talking about? In what way does she see u idolizing?

I don't dismiss most of what she says. It's just I know because of that, her judgment is sometimes flawed. She avoids answering more specifically when I ask about utilizing my opinions. Thanks for your answer.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Her statement is clearly on your mind BJ.....sufficient to even make a post of it.

I have learn't from my experience when this happens to sit up and take notice......particularly when the very thing I want to do is deny the prod.