Moratorium on New Gay Marriage Threads Lifted

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The previous moratorium on gay marriage threads is lifted.

I do request that everyone remain respectful in any future threads, as these will be closely monitored.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
No doubt someone will want to discuss the latest SCOTUS ruling that has been made today in favor of gay marriage.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
lforrest said:
No doubt someone will want to discuss the latest SCOTUS ruling that has been made today in favor of gay marriage.
To give an Aussie perspective, here is a response to the push for gay marriage in a joint-party sponsored same-sex marriage Bil Down Underl.

The New South Wales [1] Presbyterians have taken a Christ-centred stand for God's view of marriage should the Australian Marriage Act change to include homosexual marriage. See these 2 articles in The Sydney Morning Herald. The first is by Dr John McClean of the Presbyterians (an evangelical denomination in Australia).
This morning I wrote to the Presbyterian, Dr John McClean, author of the first article, to ask him if he was able to share with me details of the alternate marriage arrangement that the Presbyterians propose to recognise marriage but not in harmony with Australian law.

I await his response.

Oz

Notes
[1] Sydney is the capital city of that State.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HammerStone said:
The previous moratorium on gay marriage threads is lifted.

I do request that everyone remain respectful in any future threads, as these will be closely monitored.
There are realms of religious beliefs and we all are free to believe what we choose to believe

& then we have the “Rule Of Law” that is blind individuality.
If you are “married” the two of you will share your property equally tell death do you part. It is the “Law” in the USA

Google it, “marriage”; ie; The union of two tell death do you part

Sooner or later this will appear in courts.

I have to tell you, the term “marriage” has been taken. It is the union of a man & a women
Hopefully children will follow in their footsteps
If you want your union to be “legal” then create a term that defines this union
Have it recorded in your local court
Note: The term “marriage” has been taken :)-

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
tooldtocare said:
There are realms of religious beliefs and we all are free to believe what we choose to believe

& then we have the “Rule Of Law” that is blind individuality.
If you are “married” the two of you will share your property equally tell death do you part. It is the “Law” in the USA

Google it, “marriage”; ie; The union of two tell death do you part

Sooner or later this will appear in courts.

I have to tell you, the term “marriage” has been taken. It is the union of a man & a women
Hopefully children will follow in their footsteps
If you want your union to be “legal” then create a term that defines this union
Have it recorded in your local court
Your avatar is ignorant.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
tooldtocare said:
Who put a permanent fence around 'marriage' being taken as a term? Which laws of which countries can be used to enforce such?

Do individuals or countries tell us 'marriage' has been taken to mean the union of a man and a woman?

coming home

Jun 6, 2011
Things to Remember...
We are all sinners and fall short of the glory
Love your neighbor as yourself
In my opinion GLBT unions (I reserve the term marriage for the union of a man & woman) are no greater and no lesser a sin than any other sin; adultery, murder, theft, etc... The difference is if you truly repent you will neither continue nor repeat your crime. The greater issue I see is with religious leaders who perform such ceremonies.
Personally I am trying to 'Love the sinner. Hate the sin."