More Astonishing Bible Proof - (Warning -Athiests- This Is Adult Sensitive Material)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArfeiSrGnKvFeDwLuU6U9rLty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20101206131912AArTt6z

Joshua 10:12-14
Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

The Iliad CH:18
He wrought the earth, the heavens, and the sea; the moon also at her full and the untiring sun, with all the signs that glorify the face of heaven--the Pleiades, the Hyades, huge Orion, and the Bear, which men also call the Wain and which turns round ever in one place, facing Orion, and alone never dips into the stream of Oceanus.

Greek Mythology - Ovid. Metamorphoses
The Greek legend is that of the Latin poet, Ovid, who wrote that Pheathon, who claimed parentage from the sun, tried to drive the chariot of the sun but was unable to make his way 'against the whirling poles,' and 'their swift axis' swept him away. The chariot of the sun moved 'no longer in the same course as before.' The horses 'break loose from their course' and 'rush aimlessly, knocking against the stars set deep in the sky and snatching the chariot along through uncharted ways. The constellations of the cold Bears tried to plunge into the forbidden sea, and the suns chariot roamed...as a useless ship driven before the headlong blast, whose pilot has let the rudder go and abandoned the ship to the gods..'. Ovid then continues to describe how 'The earth burst into flame...' and catastrophe ensued. He ends the story with the phrase, 'she (the earth) ... sank back a little lower than her wanton place'.

Egyptian Mythology - Plato. Timaeus
Solon - On his visit to Egypt, questioned the priests on early history and lore was told '.... in truth, the story that is told in your country as well as ours, how once upon a time Phaethon, son of Helios, yoked his fathers chariot, and, because he was unable to drive it along the course taken by his father, burnt up all that was upon the earth and himself perished in a thunderbolt - that story, as it is told, has the fashion of a legend, but the truth of it lies in the occurrence of a shifting of the bodies in the heavens which move around the earth, and a destruction of things on the earth...'.

Notice these myths on the other side of the planet had no sun ->

Sahagun - The Spanish savant who came to America a generation Columbus and gathered the traditions of the natives, wrote that at the time of one cosmic catastrophe the sun rose only a little way over the horizon and remained there without moving: the moon also stood still.

The Andeans record a myth-story that the sun stayed away for twenty hours. This event is said to have occurred under the reign of Yupanqui Pachacuti II, the fifteenth ruler of the old time.

In the Mexican 'Annals of Cuauhtitlan' or 'Codex Chimpalpopoca' - the history of the empire in Culhuacan and Mexico, written in Nahua-Indian in the sixteenth century - it is related that during a cosmic catastrophe that occurred in the remote past, the night did not end for an extended period of time.

Immanuel Velikovsky’s “Worlds in Collision.” If Joshua’s long day (not “missing” day) occurred—and of course I believe that it did—then we would expect its effects to show up in the historical records of other nations, and that is exactly what we find.

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/mythologyhome.htm#sunstoodfirst
http://israelite.info/thebiblestoryfiles/greek-mythology.html
http://bible.org/question/has-%E2%80%9Cmissing-day%E2%80%9D-joshua-been-proven-scientifically

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
I'm glad to see someone else digging into things like this. If you do a little searching around you will also find that calenders changed.
Ancients used to keep a 360 day calendar but shortly after Joshua we see them changing to our 365 day calender. I noticed you did not mention probably one of the most important records is the Chinese one. Their records are nearly unbroken from before this time.

Herodotus, the great historian, tells us that the priests of Egypt showed him their temple records where he read the strange account of a day which was twice the normal length. [Remember that Egyptians had a highly developed Astronomy, and therefore they used to keep exact records of astronomical events !]. Ancient Chinese writings tell us that there was an unusually long day during the reign of their emperor Yeo, and Yeo is supposed to have lived almost at the time when Joshua lived. The Mexicans have record about a long day, and the date given by them is also around the time in which Joshua had lived ! The Incas of Peru, the Babylonians, Persians, and the Polynesians also speak of such a long day.

http://www.articleclick.com/Article/Joshua--Did-The-Sun-Stand-Still/1075584

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Well, this is a synopsis. Remember, I posted this on answers.yahoo.com. But, In this forum of quick witted attacks against anything religious, no one even bothered to post to it, even when they are getting double the points for posting answers now. So, anyways.

I also didn't mention the Chinese Emporer because, it says the sun was like this for 10 DAYS (I think). Which seems to me a bit dis-honest, not reporting it. Though this conflagration, may have had effects seen for that long. As far as the Calender change, that's also to long to explain, and a bit dis-honest because this change wasn't seen for 500 plus years. So, I would have had to include the Sundial of Ahaz, which was linked apparently to, and ended this solar event.

http://www.theforbid...as_long_day.htm

Anyways, thanks! At least I got 1 response. Here take 4 points instead of 2 for your answer.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
I think you'll find a good deal of variation in the accounts of exactly how long it lasted, since time, at least back then, was really only possible to measure by the sun and its movement; for the most part, all people had to go on was how long it felt like. Good research, though, I didn't know about a couple of those accounts.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Yes, accounts differ, I agree with that. But measures of time No. Much of these Civilizations had sophisticated means of reporting time. In fact, the Chinese like the ancient Mesopotamians knew of the saros times aluded to in Berossus' Kings List, which set the cycle of solar eclipses at 18-19 years. The Mayans knew this, the Greeks later changed this to 4 saros cycles of 76 years. Anytime I see something like this I know someone didn't do there homework, or someone is mis-reporting the facts. Or even in ancients texts accounts, that have been recopied, the retellers of the story report just what is said for sake of veracity, so as not to change what was mentioned. It could even be a typo. I'll look into this later, next year.

Reactions: veteran

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
What I mean is that the direct measure of the passage of time was dependent, to a degree, on the sun; there weren't yet clocks other such devices which measure the immediate passage of time, to my knowledge, without the use of the sun. Especially in the ancient times to which all the stories refer, there wouldn't be a very accurate way to measure (although, you are correct, there would also be difficulty in consistently recording and re-recording the events) the passage of time while the sun stood still. I don't think water clocks would have been around in China until after this event occurred, although the time of their earliest usage in China is uncertain. I agree that it could have been a problem of reporting or translation, of course, but the limitations on measurement, or at least the accuracy of that measurement, should be considered when considering the differences, as well.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Most certainly, differences of an hour or so might be expected but we're talking about a day, here.
When the day "seemed" twice as long, one cannot really argue with that. When the Chinese record states it was 10 days, well, you'd have a hard time regulating that down to "it was an accuracy thing"... I'd support arguments regarding "sensationalizing" the records, considering it seems to be the only one that's different.

But this is still great homework which validates the Biblical record. I'd like to know the dating of these records though, I wonder how far removed they are compared to Joshua's account.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Well, I dont think Time Keeping was that much of a problem. I know the Hebrews had a 30 day lunar calendar and every 4th year would add a month. Bullinger in The Witness in the Stars says Orphiucus was added as the 13th constellation. The differences are in the way different cultures expressed the "Mazzorth" (so to speak). Any records before the dawn of civilization up to around the 2000's BC are much sparser, and are always stooped in legend and myth. But from this time to around the time when the Persian & Greek Empires began to rule, Aramaic & Greek came into fashion so communication became more widespead. Records are much better, and can start to be related historically. Of course the threats of war, empiire shifts, natural disaster & time always impedes this.

This 30 day calender shift is just a perception, created between cultures when they communicate time, sometimes in rather abstract ideas & ways. But there certainly is a connection between cultures that percieved certain events, ideas, god(names) both common and uncommon to each. We know the Romans, basically celebrated the last 5 days of the year as Saturnalia. So this relates to 30 day calendars, but they originally had a 10 month calendar I believe, where Jan-Feb-Mar were all the 1st month.

http://www.umich.edu...lsimmons.2.html
A good length for the year was first established by the ancient Egyptians, probably because the Nile floods annually about the same time. This flooding generally occurs when Sirius rises at approximately the same time as the sun (helical rising). A year is approximately 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds, approximately one quarter of a day longer than 365 days. Between 5000 to 4001 BC, the Egyptian calendar appeared, being the first known calendar to be based on 365 days (indicating 12 months of 30 days and 5 days of festival, beginning with the day that Sirius, the Dog Star, rises in line with the Sun in the morning, which coincides with the annual flood of the Nile). From astronomical evidence only, it was possibly instituted as early as 4241 BC or perhaps about 1500 years later.

Because the Egyptian calendar is known to have accurately matched the seasons with dates in 139 AD and gradually went into and out of alignment with the seasons with a period of about 1455 years, astronomers have deduced that the year of 365 days began about 4228 BC or 2773 BC. Hellenic astronomers added the missing 1/4 day to the Egyptian calendar by adding an extra (leap) day every four years, but most people ignored it. The calendar with a leap day was finally adopted by the Romans under Gaius Julius Caesar in 4 BC. Since then, the calendar has had one major modification, when Pope Gregory, in 1582, on the advice of astronomers, dropped the leap day in years that end in two zeros.

Sometime between 2600 and 2501 BC, the Chinese used a vertical pole to project the shadow of the sun for the purpose of estimating time. Between 2200 and 2101 BC, the Sumerians began to use a 360-day year, 12-month solar calendar along with a 354-day lunar calendar. This calendar included an extra month every eight years in order to keep it in step with the seasons. From 1500 to 1451 BC, the gnomon, which is the L-shaped indicator on a sundial, was regularly used by the Egyptians. Thutmose III erected the “Needle of Cleopatra” in Heliopolis. Its shadow was used to calculate the time, the seasons, and the solstices.

The earliest history of humanity has no known dates. After writing began to be used, people started dating events, but these were usually in relation to other events that we can no longer date. The long histories of the Egyptian and the Chinese dynasties, however, provided fairly good year dates for those cultures back to 3000 BC.

If the Israels came outta Egypt about 1453 then the apparent time of this event (Joshua 10:13 & Troy) by convential chronology would be about 1400. Now theres been alot debate about when Troy happened, even where it happened. The Romans even have Aenaes son soon founding Rome after that, which is totally impossible by convential means. Anyways, this and 18th dynasty of Egypt line up well, which is just about Thutmose III's time.

http://www.touregypt.net/kings.htm
http://en.wikipedia....ist_of_pharaohs

And we know that the previous Dynasty of the Hyksos fell back into Egypyian power, which is why the Israelis had to leave. The 19th Dynasty of Ramses's rebuilt the cities the Israelis once occupied. So the Reference to Ramses was of the Towns not the Pharaoh, which is a Hebraism, as well as a legit departure in language that relates to time. Not long after Thutmose the 3rd Egyptian power began to decline. Upon the arrival of 19th dynasty Israel became recognized as a nation.

Anyways this is off the point, sort of.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
Ah, I think you misunderstood what I was saying; I wasn't referring to differences in the time at which the event was said to have occurred (although you have good research there, as well), I was referring to your earlier comments concerning the variation in accounts of its duration; that the Chinese claimed it lasted ten days versus other claims that it lasted twenty hours, for example. Because of the inaccurate methods of measuring the actual passage of time in an immediate sense, it would be hard to say how many days/hours went by if they sun did not move.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Yes, I agree.
This thingy falls in there somewhere
(However, there I was refering to the passage of time between then and time of Ahaz.)
Anyways
No big deal.
And your right about the Sun (Moon) thing, De Profundis.

Hourglasses, Clocks, time pieces()

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Anyways, back to the point. within this sphere of influence of Mesopotamia, the Levant & Meditterranean, there will differences, but more similiarites to time & place. The earliest in this period would be 2000-600BC. Whereas, in the East, most writings date from early sages & monks recollection. The Hindu & Buddhist works can be dated to like 600BC, with known records by like 300BC. In the New World & Africa and other plarts of the world who would only expect myth without much or some coordination to time & place. One of the 1st known, best known recorded dates is the Battle of the Eclipse. Dated to May 28, 585 BC

http://en.wikipedia....Battle_of_Halys

Which ties in nicely with Dan, Danaans, The lines of Troy, Zarah, Achaean-Medians, Esther, Israel, The Lost Tribes, etc ... list goes on ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundial
In roughly 700 BC, the Old Testament describes a sundial — the "dial of Ahaz" mentioned in Isaiah 38:8 and II Kings 20:11.

Which would be like 700 years by ancient calendaric accounts between Joshua 10:12-14 through II Kings 20:11.

Immanuel Velikovsky’s “Worlds in Collision.” If Joshua’s long day (not “missing” day) occurred—and of course I believe that it did—then we would expect its effects to show up in the historical records of other nations, and that is exactly what we find.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
http://www.umich.edu...lsimmons.2.html
A similar candidate for the first date, September 6, 775 BC, comes from Chinese astronomical records. It is the earliest date that records an astronomical event that we can say occurred at a particular time. However, it is not connected with any other event such as the war of the Medes and Lydians.

For instance, historians know the year that Thales is said to have predicted an eclipse, which astronomical calculations put at 585 BC. Therefore, it is assumed that Thales may have been born around 623 BC. Because there is a tradition that Thales lived to be about 70, historians think he may have died in 546 BC. Therefore, because of the uncertainty of the dates during this period, consider all dates as occurring within the decade surrounding that date, or even, possibly, in an adjacent decade. Sometimes it had to be assumed that events listed only in the first decade of a century should be considered as having occurred at some date during that century.

So anything before this is a gues-tament. Through various sources such as king, empire lists & well known events, we can reasonably guess at times & seasons, myths & legend.

EDITING
Prehistorical 2000BC +(plus) ~ Stooped in Myth, Legend & Superstition by parable, metaphor & analogy.
2000-600BC ~ more reliable connections made, lists of kings, their sons and their rulership, as well as events: places. war, astronimical, technology.
600BC -(minus) fairly accurate

Sumer-Gilgamesh-Chaldeans-Berossus
(Saros Time Dating Cycles - Comparison between Massoretic-Septuagent-Sumerian-Chaldean sources)
Flood -- The Lists of Antediluvian Kings: A Coded Document by Patrice Guinard

The 1st-4th (&5th) Egyptian Dynasties
Pre-dynastic Period of King Scorpion (Cain & sons). 1st Egyptian King Menes Aha (Mahalalel)?
Comparision between dynasty periods & the number of living sons of Adam per period (dynasty) correlated to Genesis 5. (My Observations)
The Book of Enoch, Enoch, Hermes Thrice Great (Trismegistus), Thoth, Imhotep
Khufu, Kephren & Menkaure - Shem, Japheth & Ham? Adam's prophecy of 1 pillar of stone & the other of brick. Orion, Isaiah 19:19-20a ()

Noah his 3 Sons & Canaan. (6th Day Man, Abel, Adam & Cain's lineages, Enoch & Lamech)
http://www.christian...h__1#entry94035
http://www.prophetic...pent_seed_1.htm
http://www.prophetic...pent_seed_2.htm
http://www.prophetic...pent_seed_3.htm

The 3 god-king lines of Egypt, Amon-monotheistic, Ra (Horus)-Sun Kings, Ptah (connections to Enoch-Elijah), A fourth entity (Baal-Lord of the Asiatic rulers).
The 16th Egyptian Dynasty of Jacob-Baal, Yakbam, Yoam, Amu & the Mosis's of the 18th Egyptian dynasty.
Israel fought the wars of the 17th Dynasty for Egypt. Why some later pharoahic lines resented the Israelis.

What the Book of Jasher has to say. Is it reliable, authentic?
http://www.johnpratt...002/jasher.html
Job (Hobab), Balaam (&Kenites) & Moses.

Was Hatshepsut Moses's Egyptian Mother? Thutmose III - Egyptian Napolean. 40 years in the wilderness.
Lost Tribe reference(s) to "last of the nations born".
Origins of Nations (though somewhat dated, a major work, not easily dismissed) - http://cgca.net/cogl...leOfNations.htm
The Time of Jacob's Trouble, The Deaths of the Great Patriarchs, Conflict with Esau & his Descendants, the curse of Amalek.
Joseph, Asenath & the 70 who go into Egypt. Hebrew (&Egyptian) concept of 70 Languages &or Nations.
http://www.johnpratt...puzzle_ans.html

To sum extent after 2000BC we can assume some pretty solid info in some areas. Hammarabi, Ashurbanipal's library, the Assyrian existance as one of the mightest & longest lasting empires adds veracity to the Bible record. Many ancient Kings are mentioned &or hinted at from this period. The oldest Assyrian kings by conventional dating appeared just after the Flood (2350ish). The Assyrian Empire lasted for well over 1700 years, but basically ended or was folded into the Babylonian Empire, which had its 1st capital at Ninevah (northern mesopotamia - Assyria). There are still communities who claim Assyrian descent, even today.
Assyria - Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia...._Assyrian_kings

http://en.wikipedia....logy_of_Nennius Trojan genealogy of Nennius
http://en.wikipedia....ings_of_Britain List of legendary kings of Britain
http://www.biblebeli....au/natindx.htm Index - The Table of Nations by Bill Cooper

Druidic, Bardic traditions, Myth & Migration. 1400-1000 From Joshua to Solomon.
http://www.amaranthp...com/hurrian.htm The Oldest Song in the World.
http://blog.wfmu.org...ldest_song.html The Oldest Song in the World.

Ugarit- Ras Shamra and Convential vs. Revised Chronology
Ugarit and the Bible Ugarit and the Bible
"Lost" Languages to Be Resurrected by Computers? "Lost" Languages to Be Resurrected by Computers?
http://www.biblicalh...canaan-gods.htm Canaanite Gods Mentioned in the Bible
Ugarit - Wikipedia Ugarit - Wikipedia (Mitanni)

Sesostris, the War of Vesosis and Tanausis.
Sesostris - Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia....ynasty_of_Egypt
http://www.reshafim....s/sesostris.htm
http://en.wikipedia....is_and_Tanausis

The 2(nd) Troy(s), the Greek Dark Ages, Solomon, trade with Phoenicia, Ophir & Tashish, a Divided Israel.
Duplicity in Art, Ancient Renaissance, Assyria.

The 2 Sticks of Ezekial, The 10 Lost Tribes - 4 Houses, 3 for the Scattered Lost Tribes NW to NE & 1 for Judah.
http://www.christian...-tribes-theory/
http://www.christian...ry/page__st__30

The Mazzoroth, Dendara, The Priests Breastplate, Formation of the Marching Tribes. (Abraham, Terah, Haran)
http://en.wikipedia..../Dendera_zodiac
http://www.mazzaroth...ateDenderah.htm
http://www.solaria-p..._dendera_zodiac
Philologos | The Witness of the Stars | Table of Contents
http://answers.yahoo...30171718AAtkCve

The appearance of the ancient age of sages, philosophers & thinkers. 600BC
(What I'd call the ancient Death of God movement, when it appeared the Messianic line was cut off.)

Notes on Far Eastern Kingdoms & Kings.

INDIA

http://en.wikipedia....Manu_(Hinduism)
In various Hindu traditions, Manu is a title accorded to the progenitor of mankind, and also the very first king to rule this earth, who saved mankind from the universal flood. He was absolutely honest which was why he was initially known as "Satyavrata" (One with the oath of truth).

http://www.nwcreatio...cientsknew.html
A legend about the global Flood, the same Deluge recounted in a legend from the Tamils of southern India which was survived by again eight people, Satyavrata (Noah), Sharma (Shem), Charma (Ham), Japati (Japheth), and their wives. The Tamils apparently migrated from the Indus River valley to the south around 1500 B.C. when the Ice Age ice-pack melted because of climatic changes at that time which caused the sea-level to rise about 300 feet, with both inducing migrations of people-groups (such as the Aryans from the north, who moved into the Indus Valley and displaced the Tamil people who already were losing ground to the encroaching
ocean at that time).

http://forums.rasta-...ic=4614.10;wap2
The following account, taken from the Hindu Matsya Purana (Fish Chronicle), describes some of the people who, after a severe flood, left India for other parts of the world: To Satyavarman, that sovereign of the whole earth, were born three sons: the eldest Shem; then Sham; and thirdly, Jyapeti by name. They were all men of good morals, excellent invirtue and virtuous deeds, skilled in the use of weapons to strike with, or to be thrown; brave men, eager for victory in battle. But Satyavarman, being continually delighted with devout meditation, and seeing his sons fit for dominuion, laid upon them the burdens of government. Whilst he remained honouring and satisfying the gods, and priests, and kine, one day, by the act of destiny, the king, having drunk mead Became senseless and lay asleep naked. Then, was he seen by Sham, and by him were his two brothers called: To whom he said, "What now has befallen? In what state is this our sire?" By these two he was hidden with clothes, and called to his senses again and again. Having recovered his intellect, and perfectly knowing what had passed, he cursed Sham, saying, "Thou shalt be the servant of servants." And since thou wast a laugher in their presence, from laughter thou shalt acquire a name. Then he gave Sham the wide domain on the south of the snowy mountains. And to Jyapeti he gave all on the north of the snowy mountains; but he, by the power of religious contemplation, attained supreme bliss.

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false
http://trikonahealth...n-of-the-bible/

The parallels and the amount of parallels here seem obvious. Also to note, how earth was re-populated in 3 horizontal bands of populations.
(How the Birth of Canaan kinda messed this up)

http://www.newworlde....org/entry/Noah
Mythological connections
Nevertheless, many ancient flood stories share similarities to the one above:
Egyptian: Nun/Naunet
Hindu: Manu
China: Nüwa
Sumerian: Ziusudra
Babylonian: Atra-Hasis, Utnapishtim, Xisuthrus
Greek: Deucalion ()
Toltec: Toptlipetlocali

FAR EAST
http://www.hyperhist...ersacrifice.htm The God of the Ancient Chinese vs. the God of the Hebrews.
http://www.chinainst...od-shang-di.php Names for "God": Shang Di.
http://www.answersin...20/i3/china.asp The original ‘unknown’ god of China. An Ancient pictogram script points to the Bible.

China - Wikipedia
The 1st Chinese dynasty that left historical records, the feudal Shang (Yin), settled along the Yellow River in eastern China from the 17th to the 11th century BC.

http://www.koreanhis...t/C01/E0104.htm
A number of Chinese histories written during the middle of the first millennium BC record events from the second millennium BC. However, since no written records dated earlier than 1,400 BC are known to exist, the recorded deeds and exploits of this period should be considered somewhat suspect.

http://en.wikipedia....hinese_monarchs
The first generally accepted date in Chinese history is 841 BC. All dates prior to this are the subject of often vigorous dispute. The dates provided here are those put forward by The Xia Shang Zhou Chronology Project.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Yesterday, I didn't know anything of these discoveries! Amazing _iiii Circumstantial? & <Timely - Dec06-09, 2010> Josh 10:12-14

These recent discoveries may lend support (At Some Future Point) that a Celestial Heavenly Body may have disturbed the Path of the Earth around the Sun. http://fromtheold.co...o-imagery-20906 Mysterious object or planet moves over the sun on SOHO imagery Tuesday, December 7, 2010 - 22:42
http://www.dailymail...mets-Earth.html Massive dark object 'lurking on edge of solar system hurling comets at Earth' Last updated at 8:50 AM on 8th December 2010

Stewart, Michael. "Hades", Greek Mythology: From the Iliad to the Fall of the Last Tyrant. http://messagenetcom...bios/hades.html (November 14, 2005)
Hades is one of the six Olympians, i.e. one of the six children of Kronos (Cronos) and Rhea. He and his two brothers divided creation into thirds and each took a portion for their own. Hades chose, as his dominion, The Underworld.

Mythology, may provide clues to time, place, persons & historic events in connection with the passing of Celestial Heavenly Bodies..
Cultural Amnesia may provide a partial explanitory link. The ego & self-preservation may also play a part in this.

ADDED 12/19/10 -> Here's an interesting discussion that may apply as well.
What is the difference between thinking from the heart and thinking from the head? - http://answers.yahoo...17231949AAaKvqE

http://www.varchive....ais/mankind.htm On Mankind in Amnesia
http://www.varchive.org/lec/lethbridge/amnesia.htm The Submergence of Terrifying Events in the Racial Memory and their Later Emergence

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupid?key=olbp23823http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupid?key=olbp23823http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupid?key=olbp23823http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupid?key=olbp23823
Recollections of a Fallen Sky, Velikovsky - Cultural Amnesia
If the cultural amnesia theory is correct, then it is possible to suggest that every generation lives in a state of trauma induced by the conflict between subconscious memories of past catastrophic events and the refusal of the conscious mind to recognize that these events actually occurred in prehistoric and historic times.

http://www.rumormill...cgi?read=151381 Meteor Hit On Jupiter Prompts Russian Warning For Earth Date: Monday, 20-Jul-2009 12:42:43
Velikovsky put forward the psychoanalytic idea of "Cultural Amnesia" as a mechanism whereby these literal records came to be regarded as mere myths and legends.

http://en.wikipedia...._(spirituality)
In spirituality, and especially nondual, mystical and eastern meditative traditions, the human being is often conceived as being in the illusion of individual existence, and separated from other aspects of creation. This "sense of doership" or sense of individual existence is that part which believes it is the human being, and believes it must fight for itself in the world, is ultimately unaware and unconscious of its own true nature. The ego is often associated with mind and the sense of time, which compulsively thinks in order to be assured of its future existence, rather than simply knowing its own self and the present.

Eckhart Tolle comments that, to the extent that the ego is present in an individual, that individual is somewhat insane psychologically, in reference to the ego's nature as compulsively hyper-active and compulsively (and pathologically) self-centered. However, since this is the norm, it goes unrecognised as the source of much that could be classified as insane behavior in everyday life.

ADDED: Which Raises the Question? Was the Exodus a prelude to this event? Brought about with signs & wonders?

Deut 4:34
Or hath God assayed to go and take him a nation from the midst of another nation, by temptations (trial-tribulation), by signs, and by wonders, and by war, and by a mighty hand, and by a stretched out arm, and by great terrors, according to all that the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes.
sign - token (of future event) - wonder - (as a special display of God's power)

http://www.ancient-g...ory/minoan.html
Neopalatial Minoan Crete (1700-1400 BC)
We cannot be certain of the causes for this sudden interruption of the Minoan civilization. However scholars have pointed to invasion of outside forces, or to the colossal eruption of the Thera volcano as likely causes.
(Note: Or Both +)

http://www.freerepub...s/1006850/posts
http://creationwiki....lcanic_eruption
http://bsa.academia....tian_chronology

evolution vs. creationism - pages 22 & 23 - unexplained-mysteries.com SEPT 2007
Old Post of mine discussing, many of these points. A Good Post for Agnostics, Christians & Skeptics to Read.
(Note: More Time, More Info, Better Correlation to Existing Facts - And despite what carbon dating even says on Thera, there is much debate - for instance)
What are your thoughts on Troys fall, and the migration of there descendants in relation to the Exodus?

http://www.unexplain...c=103354&st=315 (evolution vs creation)
http://www.unexplain...c=103354&st=330 Exodus, Sea Peoples Threads

http://www.unexplain...c=189289&st=195 TROY thread

Reactions: stephenleonard

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
(Dec 17th, 2010) Nechunya ben HaKana, the 42 letter name of God. 13.7 or 15.3+ billion years?

Last updated at 8:29 AM on 17th December 2010
The paper, published online yesterday, comes just a month after a similar study of the background radiation claimed to have discovered evidence that the universe existed before the Big Bang.

A Good Collection of Links.
One of the most ancient traditions of a code in the Bible is the so-called '42-lettered name of God', which could be decoded by permutating the first 42 letters of Genesis. In his view, the universe was thus not a mere few thousand years old as the text seemed to claim on the surface, but was 15.3 billion years old, the very age arrived at only recently by modern astrophysicists.

This result from nearly 2,000 years ago, utterly at odds with the beliefs of the time and for centuries after, raises pertinent questions. Did Nechunya obtain his number from some other source and then 'retrofit' the information into complicated 'permutations' of Genesis? Since he lived in the 1st Century, where could this information have come from? And - could it really have somehow been embedded in Genesis by a mysterious author who had access to knowledge mankind is only now developing? Intriguingly, a 13th-century scholar, Rabbenu Bachya ben Asher of Saragossa, Spain, discovered that the beginning of Genesis had encoded in it a four-letter sequence of astronomical importance.

ADDED 12/22/10 Links - Discussion on Literality of Genesis ->
Beginning Here
Discussion Continue's Through Here
Jor-el's Blog World Ages

Mathematical Proofs that point to Intelligent Design in Information Systems Unknown until the Invention of the Computer (Brain)
http://homepage.virg...irst_Princs.htm Vernon Jenkins - Gen & John 1:1 - 1st Principles
http://www.whatabegi...es/Part2/BP.htm Vernon Jenkins - Evalution of
pi.gif
e_const.gif
and
alpha.gif
, THREE FUNDAMENTAL CONSTANTS
http://members.home....nd_the_time.htm Frank Colijn - The Circle & Time

Last edited by a moderator:

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
That's much speculation, there's nothing to suggest the earth is more than 6,000 to 10,000 years old, if you believe the Bible to be factual.

australia

Nov 25, 2010
That's much speculation, there's nothing to suggest the earth is more than 6,000 to 10,000 years old, if you believe the Bible to be factual.

So, when between 6,000 to 10,000 years ago was there no man?

(Jer 4:23)
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

(Jer 4:24)
I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

(Jer 4:25)
I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
So, when between 6,000 to 10,000 years ago was there no man?

(Jer 4:23)
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

(Jer 4:24)
I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

(Jer 4:25)
I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Between day 3 and day 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.