More hearing to know His thoughts are not your thoughts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a prior testimony I used the Lord to help me hire a couple of employees. I thought I would get nice hard working Christian employees. What He had me trying to hire were people drawn into the demonic so He could use me to talk to them about Him.

What I learn was that He is serious about His work, which is that all should come to know the Son. He really does care for the lost --- but I needed a couple of employees for my work, so I decided to be a bit more specific and as Him to help my find a couple of Christian employees.

I then did the same as before, taking about 100 application we had and turning them over one by one and asking our Lord Jesus Christ who to hire. Again He picked out just two employees. I usually brought in 3 for every job opening and decided during the interview process. Anyway, I brought in the two He choose. They seem ok, and I hire them.

And they were ok, but not nearly as good employees as the Jewish girl from Russia that was reading tarot cards. She was sharper, faster, friendlier, and a harder worker. What I found out is that God loves us, just because we are Christians, and what a variety of people He has and puts up with. Being Christian apparently has nothing to do with being sharper, faster, friendlier, or even being a harder worker. It means you have some type of relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. That is what I found out.

The first employee I hired turned out to be what some might call a "Name it and Claim it" Christian. He was a nice guy and friendly, but he could also get a bit frustrated or impatient at times. He also talked way too much, but it is written that God uses the foolish things of this world and that you can tell a fool by the number of his words. I qualify for that also. So I like this guy. Yet what a fool.

He had a wife and a new baby. So his wife worked also, but he only worked part time for us and didn't have another job. Also, this was not a high paying job! Still, that might all be understandable except his prime concern was not providing for his family but rather is prime concern was his big beautiful white truck. He gave glory to God for getting him that fantastic truck. He told me how he had wanted a truck like that and knew there was no way to get it, but he pointed it out to the Lord, said he wanted it, believed the Lord could get it for him, and the Lord came through for him!

What a great testimony he had, except that left him with a big car payment. So the weeks before the payments he would bug me for more hours because he had to make the payments. Then right after he made the payment he wanted fewer hours so he could do things around and with his church. It turned out that his wife and her fulltime job took care of most of the bills, and they didn't have much, of course.

Now, I enjoyed talking to Him, because we could talk about Jesus. Never-the-less, for him it seem Jesus was there to get him what he needed. To me it is about seeking Jesus as Lord to find out what I need to do. This morning the Lord asked me to continue to post testimonies.

My testimony is about hearing the Lord and being put into situation in which I learn from. I am pretty sure it was the same for that Christian man I hired, but since he did not actually listen to the Lord it seemed he had a hard time understanding that God giving him the big truck with the big car payment was a situation God provided to help him learn from, but I don't think he understood because he did really seek the voice of the One he believed in.

Reactions: quietthinker

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other employee the Lord had me hire was also interesting. I think most Christians might not consider her to be a Christian. She very rarely would attend a church. Never-the-less, she believed in Jesus Christ, just not in going to church much. She also like fighting demons. She knew Jesus Christ helped her often, and she needed His help.

I really like her, but she was up and down as much as anyone I had ever meet. On her best days she was a great employee - sharp, friendly, hard working, pretty fast, and well motivated. On her bad days it was like she had shown up for work sick. Again, I could talk to her about Jesus and she like to hear about Him, but she did not actually seek His voice much. She would just call on Him during those bad days. Apparently He would show up, help her, then she would have good days. Then she would go after the demons with some spiritual warfare, have bad days and then call on Jesus again.

So I figured out a couple of things from these couple of Christian employees the Lord picked out. As already mentioned in the beginning; Christians are Christians because they believe in Jesus Christ and not for other reasons. It is not whether they are the social person, like the guy who loved being at church activities even when his family (wife and kid) could sure use more of his help - or whether they are someone who does not like going to church but prefer fight the demons on their own with only the help of Jesus Christ when they call on Him. Both believed in Jesus Christ, but neither spent much time actually seeking Him for advice about their life!!! Also I learn a bit more about the various types of relationship that people have with Him. Both employees would call on the name of the Lord, but of course neither one really treated Him as their Lord but more as their helper to get what they wanted - bit it a big truck and no more work than was needed, or whether it was help after they decided to confront their demons head on.

As for me, I was coming to the conclusion that I was going to seek His voice more and more. Of course there is always more to learn.

Reactions: quietthinker

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When my pain increases, I'm less happy. So I seek Him more earnestly. Then I find Him. Then my ability to deal with the pain increases. Then my overall pain experience decreases. Then I ease off seeking Him. Then My ability to cope with pain decreases. Then my overall pain experience increases...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The other employee the Lord had me hire was also interesting. I think most Christians might not consider her to be a Christian. She very rarely would attend a church. Never-the-less, she believed in Jesus Christ, just not in going to church much. She also like fighting demons. She knew Jesus Christ helped her often, and she needed His help.

I really like her, but she was up and down as much as anyone I had ever meet. On her best days she was a great employee - sharp, friendly, hard working, pretty fast, and well motivated. On her bad days it was like she had shown up for work sick. Again, I could talk to her about Jesus and she like to hear about Him, but she did not actually seek His voice much. She would just call on Him during those bad days. Apparently He would show up, help her, then she would have good days. Then she would go after the demons with some spiritual warfare, have bad days and then call on Jesus again.

So I figured out a couple of things from these couple of Christian employees the Lord picked out. As already mentioned in the beginning; Christians are Christians because they believe in Jesus Christ and not for other reasons. It is not whether they are the social person, like the guy who loved being at church activities even when his family (wife and kid) could sure use more of his help - or whether they are someone who does not like going to church but prefer fight the demons on their own with only the help of Jesus Christ when they call on Him. Both believed in Jesus Christ, but neither spent much time actually seeking Him for advice about their life!!! Also I learn a bit more about the various types of relationship that people have with Him. Both employees would call on the name of the Lord, but of course neither one really treated Him as their Lord but more as their helper to get what they wanted - bit it a big truck and no more work than was needed, or whether it was help after they decided to confront their demons head on.

As for me, I was coming to the conclusion that I was going to seek His voice more and more. Of course there is always more to learn.
Thank you Karl for this testimony. I consider myself a reasonably good listener and from reading what you have written I realise I need to do a lot more listening. And you are right, God can use a donkey if he wants to or as Jesus said, 'the stones will cry out if these hold their peace'

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When my pain increases, I'm less happy. So I seek Him more earnestly. Then I find Him. Then my ability to deal with the pain increases. Then my overall pain experience decreases. Then I ease off seeking Him. Then My ability to cope with pain decreases. Then my overall pain experience increases...

I’ve heard preachers say if you only seek closeness with God in bad times, God let’s you have a lot of them - obviously to keep them seeking Him.

Maranatha

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Karl Peters The title reminds me of Isaiah 55.8-11:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."