Most influential people in your earthly life and why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and his Apostles have a profound influence on my spiritual and earthly life. I strive to make every spiritual and earthly move I make based on what the said. But what about the rest? Who has influenced you for better or worse?

1. My Pastor... All for the better. He has taught me so much carnally and spiritually.
2. My wife. All for the better. Yea, there are hiccups and trying times, but after 18 years of marriage just once, I've learned a lot from my rib.
3. My dad. Not all good. He passed away about two years ago. I was not close to him the final 10 years of his life. Spare me from talking about why! But he did say a solid ground before that.
4. My mother. Good. She has never abandoned me. She knows love.
5. My step father. Very little good. Much bad. He was a working man and self educated engineer. He never had a time when he couldn't provide for his family, though at times it was peddling stuff at a flea market. He was a "get it done" type of fella. Backwoods redneck good ole boy who could fix any car, grow crops or build a log cabin if needed. Vietnam vet to boot, who loved his country. A poster man for Hank Williams Jr.'s Country Boy Can Survive.

And a hard core alcoholic who would start drinking at 8 AM. Taught me to do the same and it took many years to break that curse.

He taught me how to get things done. He taught me some bad stuff to.

6. My Church.... The folks I worship with. The Body of Christ. Even at a carnal level they teach me by their words and actions that we live in the flesh, but not are of the flesh. They screw up as much as I do, but we pull together.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For me..my dad...though I didn't really get to know him until I was married and he'd come and spend every Saturday morning with us.
He talked to me about God at age 7. Then again when I was 15.
But at 22 and married it finally caused me to search out God.

Then my first old Holiness Pastor.
And a lady from the Holiness Church...she greatly impacted my life and lite a hunger in me for God.

My mother gave me a great love for nature and animals. People loved her and the ladies in our street always knew where to come for help. She was not well educated, but she had so much wisdom.

Other than those, I can't think of any who greatly influenced my life.

Maybe more will come to me later.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and his Apostles have a profound influence on my spiritual and earthly life. I strive to make every spiritual and earthly move I make based on what the said. But what about the rest? Who has influenced you for better or worse?

1. My Pastor... All for the better. He has taught me so much carnally and spiritually.
2. My wife. All for the better. Yea, there are hiccups and trying times, but after 18 years of marriage just once, I've learned a lot from my rib.
3. My dad. Not all good. He passed away about two years ago. I was not close to him the final 10 years of his life. Spare me from talking about why! But he did say a solid ground before that.
4. My mother. Good. She has never abandoned me. She knows love.
5. My step father. Very little good. Much bad. He was a working man and self educated engineer. He never had a time when he couldn't provide for his family, though at times it was peddling stuff at a flea market. He was a "get it done" type of fella. Backwoods redneck good ole boy who could fix any car, grow crops or build a log cabin if needed. Vietnam vet to boot, who loved his country. A poster man for Hank Williams Jr.'s Country Boy Can Survive.

And a hard core alcoholic who would start drinking at 8 AM. Taught me to do the same and it took many years to break that curse.

He taught me how to get things done. He taught me some bad stuff to.

6. My Church.... The folks I worship with. The Body of Christ. Even at a carnal level they teach me by their words and actions that we live in the flesh, but not are of the flesh. They screw up as much as I do, but we pull together.

Jesus his most influential man in history.

After 48 years my wife is critically important. Be lost without her.

Everybody else close is gone.