Mother nature is a fraud

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who is this mother nature they speak of?
I don't know who coined the term or where it came from but mother nature is a fraud

I know nature and it only has one father/mother and that is God...
I attribute everything i see in nature to God...

If the argument is that mother nature is God (or God is mother nature) than i accept that premise...
But the way these atheists speak about mother nature is in the form of an entity...
You will hear David Attenborough say things like "mother nature has designed this animal to....." Designed, but you guys don't believe in design... Make up your minds already

So whats the story... Mother nature seems to be a mental replacement for God... Deep down i think we all know God exists but atheists are good at suppressing that truth by using false reasoning...

And now it seems we have another deity... "The science"
"Trust the science"... "Follow the science"... "Believe in the science"... "Science is settled"
Never... Real science doesn't make such demands...

Anyway, what do u guys think... Who is mother nature? Should Christians accept her or reject her?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Cristo,
Just a couple of snip bits from the internet …..
The concept of "Mother Nature" and "Mother Earth" comes to us from ancient myths and religions. People used what they knew - mothers and fathers -to describe the unknown or supernatural.

From "Primitive Mythology: The Masks of the Gods" by Joseph Campbell (Penguin Books, New York, first published 1959): ".(4500-3500 B.C.) .a multitude of female figurines appear among the potsherds. These suggest that the obvious analogy of woman's life-giving and nourishing powers with those of the earth must already have led man to associate fertile womanhood with an idea of the motherhood of nature."

"); display: inline-block; height: 24px; width: 24px; margin-top: -1px; transform: rotateZ(-180deg);">

Mother Nature is a healing goddess. In the 1960s, James Lovelock formulated the Gaia hypothesis. It states that all life, and all living things on this planet, are part of a single, all-encompassing global entity or consciousness which he named Gaia.

Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Cristo,
I tend to look at creation and see God and seldom use the word Mother Nature. I have been trying to remember if I used that term prior to becoming a Christian, it was obviously a term that was used. I tend to just say ‘ Nature ‘. My children don’t use the term Mother Nature either , just ‘ Nature ‘

One of the clips from the internet mentions the 1960’s…..when the hippy movement was really becoming popular and they were very much Into worshipping the earth and natural things, so I can well understand how the term was used back then. If someone doesn’t have a belief in God then they have to put some kind of label on all the things that are created that are beyond our creative skills…

I do believe that God gave us the ability to learn so many things , including the science behind how things react, work ect , but someone just saying ‘ trust in the science ‘ is more like saying .’ Trust in what I am saying about the science …. It’s just thrown around , a bit like the phrase ‘ Mother Nature ‘ …….

As a side issue, any thoughts on the cruel side of nature ….do you think it is a result of a fallen world. You watch some of these nature programs and how animals act sometimes is just so horrible, I find it hard to imagine that God would create them with all of that naturally. We equate the evil in the human realm as a result of a fallen world…..never quite been able to work that one out !
Rita

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know who coined the term or where it came from but mother nature is a fraud

If the argument is that mother nature is God (or God is mother nature) than i accept that premise...
But the way these atheists speak about mother nature is in the form of an entity...
You will hear David Attenborough say things like "mother nature has designed this animal to....." Designed, but you guys don't believe in design... Make up your minds already

So whats the story... Mother nature seems to be a mental replacement for God... Deep down i think we all know God exists but atheists are good at suppressing that truth by using false reasoning...

"Trust the science"... "Follow the science"... "Believe in the science"... "Science is settled"

Anyway, what do u guys think... Who is mother nature? Should Christians accept her or reject her?
Oh, okay. At first I thought you were angry at not catching a trout. Lol
You have God and you have mother nature.
You have Jesus and you have Santa Claus
You have the crucifixion/resurrection and you have the Easter bunny. Easter comes from Eostre, an Anglo-Saxon fertility goddess.
Not a good name to attach to what our Savior did for us. Especially since Anglo-Saxons were of Hebrew descent.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you give an example? Im not quite sure what you mean
My memory is not good Cristo, have to wait for my son to get up as we have watched many nature programmes that just show animals / insects / birds being really cruel to its own , and it has often sparked off the discussion over ‘ why ‘…..I will get back to you on that one later, that’s if his memory is good enough to give you examples. It’s been some time since we watched the programmes !!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My memory is not good Cristo, have to wait for my son to get up as we have watched many nature programmes that just show animals / insects / birds being really cruel to its own , and it has often sparked off the discussion over ‘ why ‘…..I will get back to you on that one later, that’s if his memory is good enough to give you examples. It’s been some time since we watched the programmes !!
Hi @Rita The complexity of the natural world revolves around the Creator, right? :)

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Reactions: TLHKAJ

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed this very thing. He also always implies, and makes references to, evolution.
Yes, the Bible tells us just that.

Romans 1:18-23

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is pretty much 100% right. They want to rob God of all the powerful attributes and create concepts like “The multiverse” “We live in a simulation in a computer”, “Mother Earth” etc.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They'll be hiding in the caves and praying to Mother Nature to hide them from the one hurling 100lb hail stones at them!

You can look at the simple things like a house cat and just see design and instinct. Even the insects all doing their jobs so everything works. The chipmunks cleaning the forrest floor. The larger fauna eating the grass, the predators eating the grass eaters. The birds eating the leftovers from the predators. The insects eating the leftover from the birds and the earth eating the rest. The sun heating the earth giving life. The signs in the heavens. The moon when in front of the sun just happens to be the exact same size to our eyes. Come on atheists. This is clearly designed and clearly there is something wrong with it. It is diseased with sin. Order doesn't come from chaos. Id'e like to see man create an explosion resulting in order, life, death etc. Man is so arrogant. We think we know everything. We need to be humbled.

I know that "Atheists" know in their heart there is a creator. God says we are without excuse. The come at us with a false confidence in their belief and attack. It's stupid. I am losing patience with them.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They'll be hiding in the caves and praying to Mother Nature to hide them from the one hurling 100lb hail stones at them!
Just saw an interesting video on BitChute reporting on how all the elites are buying and building massive bunker-style mansions in remote areas all over the world right now.

Hmmmmm … o_O

And every knee shall bow of those in the earth and those UNDER the earth.

May be happening sooner than later.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Mantis

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Mother Nature has a God.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello @Christo Rei,

Reading your OP, I am reminded of, 'The Everlasting Gospel', which will be preached in the Lord's day:-

'And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven,
having the everlasting gospel to preach
unto them that dwell on the earth,
.. and to every nation,
.... and kindred,
...... and tongue,
........ and people,
Saying with a loud voice,

.. "Fear God,
.... and give glory to Him;
...... for the hour of His judgment is come:
........ and worship Him that made heaven,
.......... and earth,
............ and the sea,
.............. and the fountains of waters."'

(Re..v 14:6-7)

* Today,
'The Gospel of the Grace of God,' is preached (Acts 20:24): and he is accursed who now preaches another gospel (Galatians 1:8). 'The Gospel of the Kingdom,' was preached by John the Baptist, by the Lord Jesus Christ, and by Peter and the twelve (Matthew 4:23; Matthew 9:35) and it will be preached again in the Great tribulation, after the Church of God has been taken away (Matthew 24:14). It will be replaced by 'The Everlasting (or Eternal) Gospel'.

* 'The Everlasting Gospel,' is so called because it takes us back to the beginning, and tells of the earliest good news, or gospel, preached from God as Creator, and consists of the one great truth which was preached from the beginning. 'Now is the day of salvation,' and not of judgment (2 Corinthians 6:2), so now is not the time for it to be proclaimed.

* There was a time when I wondered that a time should come when people would need to have this gospel preached: for then all of my acquaintance believed that God created the heavens and the earth; but now I can believe that a time will come when it's preaching will become a necessity.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Note: Romans 1:18-32.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
.. and to every nation,
.... and kindred,
...... and tongue,
........ and people,
.. "Fear God,
.......... and earth,

Hello again, @Cristo Rei,

Thinking of, 'The Eternal Gospel', this is what I have read concerning it:-

It is 'eternal' in the sense that it belongs to the first and the last of the dispensations in which God deals with men. It goes back to the beginning, before the law. It tells of God's claim as Creator; and not of Christ's work as Saviour. 'Now I know that thou fearest God,' was God's word to Abraham (Genesis 22:12). 'This do and live, for I fear God,' said Joseph (Genesis 42:18). So with Job (Job 1:1); and the Egyptian midwives (Exodus 1:17-21). The, 'fearers of God,' was also a title specially given to proselytes from the Gentiles in (the Acts of the Apostles 13:16 & 26).

At the time when, 'The Eternal Gospel,' will be preached, the time will have come to add the sentence in Isaiah 61:2, which the Lord omitted when He read, Isaiah 61:1 & 2-, in the synagogue at Nazareth in (Luke 4:18-20): 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,' down to and including the first sentence of verse 2, 'to preach the acceptable year of the Lord,' Then it is significantly added that, 'He closed the book and sat down.' Why? Because that was not yet the time to preach what followed in Isaiah 61:2, 'the day of vengeance of our God.' But here, when this first angel preaches in min-heaven to all on earth, the time will have come to preach this, 'day of vengeance,' as having then come.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.. and to every nation,
.... and kindred,
...... and tongue,
........ and people,
.. "Fear God,
.......... and earth,

Hello again, @Cristo Rei,

Thinking of, 'The Eternal Gospel', this is what I have read concerning it:-

It is 'eternal' in the sense that it belongs to the first and the last of the dispensations in which God deals with men. It goes back to the beginning, before the law. It tells of God's claim as Creator; and not of Christ's work as Saviour. 'Now I know that thou fearest God,' was God's word to Abraham (Genesis 22:12). 'This do and live, for I fear God,' said Joseph (Genesis 42:18). So with Job (Job 1:1); and the Egyptian midwives (Exodus 1:17-21). The, 'fearers of God,' was also a title specially given to proselytes from the Gentiles in (the Acts of the Apostles 13:16 & 26).

At the time when, 'The Eternal Gospel,' will be preached, the time will have come to add the sentence in Isaiah 61:2, which the Lord omitted when He read, Isaiah 61:1 & 2-, in the synagogue at Nazareth in (Luke 4:18-20): 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,' down to and including the first sentence of verse 2, 'to preach the acceptable year of the Lord,' Then it is significantly added that, 'He closed the book and sat down.' Why? Because that was not yet the time to preach what followed in Isaiah 61:2, 'the day of vengeance of our God.' But here, when this first angel preaches in min-heaven to all on earth, the time will have come to preach this, 'day of vengeance,' as having then come.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Good stuff!!

Reactions: charity