Mother of Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is mother of Jesus acceptable but mother of our savior and mother of our salvation and mother of God is not acceptable by most who claim the name of Christ?

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, on the cross, calls her, "woman," ascribing her as, mother of, the disciple I love. It's blasphemy what you people say and do.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're like the woman in the synagogue, screaming, "blessed be the woman who bore you!" Study Jesus' answer if you're sincere.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, on the cross, calls her, "woman," ascribing her as, mother of, the disciple I love. It's blasphemy what you people say and do.

blasphemy? Really? Jesus calls Her women there and Jn 2 to remind you of Gods promise in gen 3:15

lk 1:43 mother of God
Jesus in his person is our savior Lk 2:30
Mary is his mother
Mother of our savior
Lk 1:30 Mary finds favor with God
Favor is the salvation lost by Adam
Lk 1:38 Mary consents to our salvation
Matt 1:21 shall call his name he Jesus for he will save his people
Mother of our savior mother of our salvation mother of Jesus are all the same!
She is thee et Virgin mother of God and our salvation!

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is mother of Jesus acceptable but mother of our savior and mother of our salvation and mother of God is not acceptable by most who claim the name of Christ?

Jesus himself is a human person. (Note: Trinitarianism teaches us that Jesus is not a human person.)

God himself isn’t a human person.

A human person having a mother isn’t a controversial concept. God himself having a mother is a controversial concept.

Reactions: April_Rose

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is not rebuking her but glorifying her for no one was more faithful or obedient
Lk 1:45

than was Mary ever Virgin IS 7:14 matt 1:21 (a son singular who is God) the mother of God Lk 1:43 the mother of our salvation Matt 1:21 consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 found the grace (favor) or our salvation lost by Adam Lk 1:30
Give a royal greeting and Declared blessed by the angel on God’s behalf 1:28 says the lord is with her Lk 1:28

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus himself is a human person. (Note: Trinitarianism teaches us that Jesus is not a human person.)

A human person having a mother isn’t a controversial concept. God himself having a mother is a controversial concept.

Jesus is both fully divine and fully human in one person, Mary is the mother of this person, this person is God so she is the mother of God!
She is ever Virgin Is 7:14 matt 1:21
She is queen cos the mother of the king in the line of david is always queen and Jesus is the king Lk 1:32-33
She is the mother of our salvation cos Jesus is our salvation Lk 2:30 found the favor of our salvation lost by Adam Lk 1:30 and cos she consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is both fully divine and fully human in one person...

A fundamental tenet of trinitarianism, as is “Jesus is not a human person”.

The concept of God himself having a mother is controversial because it requires us to ignore the common meaning of words and explain it as a mystery.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think that Jesus refers to His mother as "Woman" in John's Gospel?

Again, every honest read proves:
Every encounter (accounted for in Scripture) between Jesus and his mother since his youth is antagonistic.

I've answered. Now you answer or you're a liar.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Mary the queen?
And is she the queen of heaven?
Mother of God?
Ever Virgin?
Not your opinions please from scripture

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement above in RED is patently FALSE.

NOWHERE iin Trinitarian teaching is the humanity of Jesus denied.
In fact - it teaches the doctrine of the Hypostatic Union - that He is FULLY God and FULLY Human.

So, you need to investigate whatever caused you to post such a lie . . .

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Mary the queen?
And is she the queen of heaven?
Mother of God?
Ever Virgin?
Not your opinions please from scripture

Spoken like a Catholic, not a Protestant.

Whether you personally are a Catholic (which is what I believe you to be just from listening to you for a few minutes) or not, the difference in the faith traditions between Catholic and Protestant is another reason some Christians find the phrase “mother of God” unacceptable.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mother of all the living in Christ, new creation just as Eva was mother of the living in the first creation

mother of all disciples
Rev 12:17

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a Catholic, not a Protestant.

Whether you personally are a Catholic (which is what I believe you to be just from listening to you for a few minutes) or not, the difference in the faith traditions between Catholic and Protestant is another reason some Christians find the phrase “mother of God” unacceptable.

biblical Lk 1:43

yes catholic the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
Matt 16:18 18:18

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Behold I am with you (the successors or the apostles until the end of the age, so the successors must remain until the end of the age) matt 28:19

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)

Protestantism?

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

that’s your scripture!

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement above in RED is patently FALSE.

NOWHERE iin Trinitarian teaching is the humanity of Jesus denied.
In fact - it teaches the doctrine of the Hypostatic Union - that He is FULLY God and FULLY Human.

So, you need to investigate whatever caused you to post such a lie . . .

I was raised in the Southern Baptist Church. That is where I first learned it. I married a woman who was raised in the Roman Catholic Church. She was taught it there.

Yesterday I asked a trinitarian member of this forum (Christophany) if it is true or not. He assured me that it is true.

I find it expressed in Roman Catholic and Protestant teaching, as well as in Church history.

Reactions: theefaith

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was raised in the Southern Baptist Church. That is where I first learned it. I married a woman who was raised in the Roman Catholic Church. She was taught it there.

Yesterday I asked a trinitarian member of this forum (Christophany) if it is true or not. He assured me that it is true.

I find it expressed in Roman Catholic and Protestant teaching, as well as in Church history.
The SHOW me the Catholic teaching from the Catechism that Jesus is NOT a human being.

This was addressed at the Councils of Nicaea (325), Constantinople (381) and Ephesus (431) when various heresies challenged this reality.
Your claim is FALSE - and the people who told you it was true either LIED to you - or are woefully ignorant.

I eagerly await your researched response . . .