My 2 cents

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. My testimony is rather simple. I grew up going to a DoC church. Went there till i was about 30?? Never did learn anything there other than the stories of the Bible when i was younger.
I stopped going, my folks, especially my mother, were big time christian folk. So they stopped going to the DoC church at the same time i did. They started going to this baptist church. Few years back i tried some baptist churches, they were ok. Then i decided to try a presbyterian church. Wow, muchhhh better.
Thats brings us to today. I have not transferred my membership from the DoC church to this presbyterian church. I took a class to join, i really like the preacher. We email each other often.
Do i view myself as a christian?? Hard to answer. Do i believe in God? Absolutely. Do i believe the Bible? Absolutely. Am i saved? No. Do i take communion? I used to, but no longer, and probably never will again. Will i ever join my presbyterian church? I hope so, if i ever do get saved.
Most tell me that my view of christianity is a hard one. Maybe. I dont think many are saved. Do i view God as mean? No, He’s the Creator. He sets the rules. Do i think God is scary? Terrifyingly so. I cant think of a more dreadful thing than judgement day, at least for me. So thats my testimony.

Hey LLS,
Nice to see you back. I am churchless AGAIN! I do NOT like to "forsake the gathering" yet, don't really fit in the church's unless I go to a false church, ha! Rather just go it alone anymore. Too many people "telling" you how it is supposed to be but, they have no clue really as, we are NOT clones of one another, we have different likes and dislikes, different personalities, come from different walks of life.
I so hope you will return to Him...He is merciful :)

Reactions: Lambano