• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
I hope you were able to read the short story i wrote regarding my older Brother, William..... in a similar Thread.
As i stated in that previous Thread, He was a wild cat. He was into the world and chased it pedal to the metal, full throttle.
He was a classic Hedonist. He loved Lust and chased it to extremes until he was about 40 yrs old.
William was also a professional Golfer, at one point.
Finally, tho, the "reaping what you have sown" years came around and he dealt with this for some years, but that grinding unhappiness and frustration and personal loss, finally found him on his knees receiving Salvation from God through Faith in Christ.
And In less than 4 yrs from that 2nd Birth Day, William was installed as the Pastor of a Local Body of Christ, becoming the Pastor. So, you see, He was radically SAVED.

Now, i have a younger Brother, Robert.
Total opposite of William. Robert is the loyal, disciplined, studious, intellectual type.
He was "raised in Church" by his mother who was raised in church and played the Piano in Church for more than 35 yrs.
If the Church was open, they were there.
So, Robert's lifestyle was more about being a good person, and his worldliness, was not extreme at all as compared to William's.

Robert ended up in Nashville in the very late 80s, at Belmont University and finished a Business Major & Music Minor degree. He was instantly hired in Nashville by Hewlett-Packard. They put him in "middle management" right away and suddenly he's making huge money, and he's 22 yrs old, not married.
So, you could say he "had it made". And he rode that wave of blessing for a while. Then, one Sunday morning in Nashville's "Christ Church" where Robert attended, there was a special speaker... A Missionary was in the pulpit that morning. And before the service ended that Sunday morning, Robert who was sitting there alone on the pew, was ""called to be a missionary". = He answered the Call.
He then put in his 2 weeks notice to HP, and basically said..>"what now God".
And i have to tell you. He was ridiculed a bit by some family for being "stupid", etc". But, Robert knew what he heard that Sunday, and pressed toward the mark.

Fast Forward...
He went on a Missionary Trip with a Presbyterian Church when he was still 22.
And.....Now, about 30 yrs later, He is the Missions Director for ""Mission To the World"< which is a very large Presbyterian Ministry. He Directs it.
And what else? He met His wife on the Mission Field, and they were "called' to be Missionaries to "the Ukraine". And they had 3 Girls who have all been a part of the Mission Work, such as building a few churches, and having a street ministry for Ukrainian orphans.. A soup Kitchen in Odessa.
Isn't God GOOD !
Thank you JESUS.

Currently, Robert and wife and 2 daughters are in Romania.
They had to leave Odessa when Putin's Tanks came in there, tho, Putin was not trying to persecute believers. So, Robert had to secure the Family, and they went to Romania to wait it out.
It's Their plan to again continue to minister to the Ukrainian People, once all the shelling stops and the "war" there, is over.

Robert & Andrea Burnham.
"Mission to the World".

Send them your prayers..

Here is a link to them, if you want to check it out.

Burnham, Bob & Andrea - Mission to the World

Last edited: