My Christian DVD Collection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Christian DVD Collection:
(Including movie artwork, trailers, and where to buy or rent):

#1. Time Changer:
398456.jpg

You can rent it at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch Time Changer | Prime Video

This is my all time favorite Christian film.
(Note: Great movie and message, but I do not agree with the director’s view on Calvinism - which is not promoted in any of his films at the time of this writing).

#2. Polycarp:
full

Watch Polycarp | Prime Video

#3. The Redemption of Henry Myers:
full

You can rent it online at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch The Redemption of Henry Myers | Prime Video

(Great Christian film; This does not mean I endorse the director or the actors).

#4. Play the Flute:
full

Available on Blu-ray and regular DVD.
Watch Play The Flute | Prime Video

(Note: One of the best Christian films to get you excited about the Word of God. There is one scene where two characters appear to play act (lie) and this is not rebuked. But it is minor in comparison to the other great biblical messages put forth in this movie. I also do not agree with the director’s belief in Calvinism - which is not promoted in any of his films as of the dating of this writing).

#5. What if:

71Br5rRCICL._SY445_.jpg

You can rent it through Itunes:
‎What If... on iTunes
(Great Christian movie with yet another good biblical message; Unfortunately, I am strongly opposed to the director because of his Chosen series and his fellowship with Mormons).

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona and Nancy

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#6. The War Within:
full

Last time I checked, you can watch this for free if you have Amazon Prime:
Watch The War Within | Prime Video

#7. Heaven's War:
full

#8. 77 Chances:
700311.jpg

You can rent this through Christian Cinema:
Watch 77 Chances at Christian Cinema

(Note: Great biblical lessons. Funny. Granted, I do not endorse the one reference made about Star Trek (Which is a worldly TV show, and film series).

#9. Champion:
Champion_01.jpg

You can rent this through Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch Champion | Prime Video

(Note: Great Christian film overall. But I do not endorse the subtle teaching placed at the end that a Christian can be rich).

#10. Breakthrough:
full

You can rent it through Amazon Prime:
https://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-Roxann-Dawson/dp/B07QMG21JX/

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#11. Home Sweet Home:
full

Watch Home Sweet Home | Prime Video

#12. Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters:
full

You can rent on Amazon Video:

#13. Legacy Peak:
full

#14. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry:
full

Amazon.com: Watch The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry | Prime Video

(Note: This is a pretty good. Unfortunately the director is a Calvinist - although Calvinism is not promoted in any of his films as of yet to the date of this writing).

#15. Overcomer:
full

Watch Overcomer | Prime Video

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#16. The Climb:
full

Note: Trailer is kind of cheesy, but the movie is great.
You can rent this at:
Amazon.com: Watch The Climb | Prime Video
(Note: Good Christian movie. However, this film is created by the Billy Graham ministries. While Billy Graham is no longer alive. I do not endorse Billy Graham ministries because of their teaching on Belief Alone-ism and because they hold to Ecumenism).

#17. Princess Cut.
full

Watch Princess Cut | Prime Video

#18. Christian Mingle:
full

Watch Christian Mingle | Prime Video

#19. Finding Normal:
full

You can rent or buy at Christian Cinema

#20. The Case for Christ:
full

You can rent this through Amazon Video or Itunes or YouTube:
Amazon.com: Watch The Case for Christ | Prime Video

‎The Case for Christ on iTunes
The Case for Christ on YouTube

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope you enjoy the films.

And may God bless you all.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Christian DVD Collection:
(Including movie artwork, trailers, and where to buy or rent):

#1. Time Changer:
398456.jpg

Amazon.com: Watch Time Changer | Prime Video

This is my all time favorite Christian film.
(Note: Great movie and message, but I do not agree with the director’s view on Calvinism - which is not promoted in any of his films at the time of this writing).

#2. What if.
71Br5rRCICL._SY445_.jpg

You can rent it through Itunes:
‎What If... on iTunes

(Great Christian movie with yet another good biblical message; Unfortunately, I am strongly opposed to the director because of his Chosen series and his fellowship with Mormons).

#3. The Redemption of Henry Myers:
full

You can rent it online at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch The Redemption of Henry Myers | Prime Video

(Great Christian film; This does not mean I endorse the director or the actors).

#4. Play the Flute:
full

If you want the DVD, it is quicker to get it at ChristianMovies.com. If you are looking to rent and or own the digital version of this film, I would recommend Amazon.com (Amazon Prime Video):

Watch Play The Flute | Prime Video
(Note: One of the best Christian films to get you excited about the Word of God. There is one scene where two characters appear to play act (lie) and this is not rebuked. But it is minor in comparison to the other great biblical messages put forth in this movie. I also do not agree with the director’s belief in Calvinism - which is not promoted in any of his films as of the dating of this writing).

#5. The War Within:
full

Last time I checked, you can watch this for free if you have Amazon Prime:
Watch The War Within | Prime Video
Thank you brother, I am just starting "The War Within"...a couple of the others I have seen already but, good enough to watch twice...thanks!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only 18 minutes into War Within, how awesome the way the "emotions" are expressed, never saw it done quite like that unless Pilgrims Progress maybe...

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only 18 minutes into War Within, how awesome the way the "emotions" are expressed, never saw it done quite like that unless Pilgrims Progress maybe...

I loved the War Within starring Brett Varvel. It may not be a perfect film (cheesy costumes, and the theology of different personas is purely fictional and not biblical), I still enjoyed this film a lot because I enjoyed the performances, storyline, biblical messages, and musical score. Even the special effects and camerawork were pretty good for not being a big budge Hollywood film. It is really emotional, and it gets you to think what is the most important thing in your life and that is Jesus Christ. My favorite scene is when…

Michael (the main character) talks with his close Christian friend at the airport and his friend reveals how he has cancer

I also liked the following scene a lot, as well.

Amy gets emotional reading the children’s book she lost and then meets up with Michael

Really great Christian film that every believer should see (if they don’t mind Sci Fi).

I hope you enjoyed the whole movie.

Blessings be unto you in the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you brother, I am just starting "The War Within"...a couple of the others I have seen already but, good enough to watch twice...thanks!

If you have not seen them, you should definitely check out Time Changer, Polycarp, and the Redemption of Henry Myers (A Western Christian Romance). They are definitely my top favorites.

Time Changer is great because not only does it have some great needed biblical messages, but it has clean comedy, too. Plus, the story is unique.

Polycarp is also really enjoyable. It really gives us a possible idea of what the early Christians went through. It also makes you appreciate the old ways of life and the simplicity in Christ and His grace (love).

Redemption of Henry Myers is an excellent Christian film, and I am not a big Western film person. There is a scene in this film by the main actor where his performance was Oscar worthy in my humble opinion. But seeing it is a Christian movie, it will not never be recognized. Also, I like movies where the protagonist has a major transformation in their life.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loved the War Within starring Brett Varvel. It may not be a perfect film (cheesy costumes, and the theology of different personas is purely fictional and not biblical), I still enjoyed this film a lot because I enjoyed the performances, storyline, biblical messages, and musical score. Even the special effects and camerawork were pretty good for not being a big budge Hollywood film. It is really emotional, and it gets you to think what is the most important thing in your life and that is Jesus Christ. My favorite scene is when…

Michael (the main character) talks with his close Christian friend at the airport and his friend reveals how he has cancer

I also liked the following scene a lot, as well.

Amy gets emotional reading the children’s book she lost and then meets up with Michael

Really great Christian film that every believer should see (if they don’t mind Sci Fi).

I hope you enjoyed the whole movie.

Blessings be unto you in the Lord.

Absolutely loved the movie. Shows how our hearts, minds, emotions, will and (memory...? not so sure how that one fits in other than remembering our "First Love) - really need to be in harmony. Very different. One of my favorite scenes is part also was where (sry can't do spoiler, not sure how, lol)-well, "the book was being read at the end" Ha, no spoiler there. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you have not seen them, you should definitely check out Time Changer, Polycarp, and the Redemption of Henry Myers (A Western Christian Romance). They are definitely my top favorites.

Time Changer is great because not only does it have some great needed biblical messages, but it has clean comedy, too. Plus, the story is unique.

Polycarp is also really enjoyable. It really gives us a possible idea of what the early Christians went through. It also makes you appreciate the old ways of life and the simplicity in Christ and His grace (love).

Redemption of Henry Myers is an excellent Christian film, and I am not a big Western film person. There is a scene in this film by the main actor where his performance was Oscar worthy in my humble opinion. But seeing it is a Christian movie, it will not never be recognized. Also, I like movies where the protagonist has a major transformation in their life.

Yes, thank you, I will check back here next time I watch a movie.
God Bless

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The 1960 black/white TV series 'Paul of Tarsus' starring Patrick Troughton is available on DVD if anybody's interested,
from [email protected]

Paul of Tarsus.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS- And a b/w TV play from around that time is "Son of Man" starring Colin Blakely (below) also available from Docherty on DVD.
One memorable scene is when the awesome and powerful realisation hits Jesus early on that the scriptures refer to him and he says to himself "It IS me, it IS me!"

son of man tv.jpg

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely loved the movie.

Glad to hear it. It is one of my top favorite Christian movies.

You said:
Shows how our hearts, minds, emotions, will and (memory...? not so sure how that one fits in other than remembering our "First Love) - really need to be in harmony.

Yes, that’s true.

You said:
Very different.

Indeed. I really cannot think of any other movie like it.

You said:
One of my favorite scenes is part also was where (sry can't do spoiler, not sure how, lol)-well, "the book was being read at the end" Ha, no spoiler there.
Here is how to do a spoiler:

full

Side Note:

You can also do this with multi quoting people, too. Just replace the word “SPOILER” with the word “QUOTE” instead. You can add the name of the person you are quoting or refer to their later quotes as “You.” To add the name “You” like I do in my posts, just simply add it like this:

QUOTE=You

But make sure you place it in brackets, and make sure the second last bracket of the quote has a back slash symbol.

As for the scene you mentioned:

Yes, that was of one mine of my favorite scenes, as well. Very creative (artistic the way they did that scene), and it was emotional to boot. I hope this film leads Christians into a deeper relationship with the Lord or it may lead someone to accept Jesus.

You said:
Thanks for sharing!

You are most welcome.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1960 black/white TV series 'Paul of Tarsus' starring Patrick Troughton is available on DVD if anybody's interested,
from [email protected]

View attachment 23540

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS- And a b/w TV play from around that time is "Son of Man" starring Colin Blakely (below) also available from Docherty on DVD.
One memorable scene is when the awesome and powerful realisation hits Jesus early on that the scriptures refer to him and he says to himself "It IS me, it IS me!"

View attachment 23541

I used to watch Bible story films, but after watching the beginning of the 1st episode of the Chosen (and hearing all the other bad things about it), I have lost my taste for all of them now. This video also helped to further solidify my convictions on this topic.

(Note: I do not agree with everything the author of the video says or believes; I just agree with him on this topic).

In fact, I threw out my DVDs that were based on stories in the Bible. It was a tough call because I liked some of them a lot, but I just did not feel it was right for me to watch Bible story based films anymore. I see them as a changing of what the Bible says. But that’s just my humble opinion and I would next expect other believers to feel the same way as I do. I think it is something God has to reveal to them when they are ready to hear it.

As for classic Christian films:

I do want to see Sergeant York (1941), but I have not gotten around to seeing it yet.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I used to watch Bible story films, but after watching the beginning of the 1st episode of the Chosen (and hearing all the other bad things about it), I have lost my taste for all of them now. This video also helped to further solidify my convictions on this topic.

(Note: I do not agree with everything the author of the video says or believes; I just agree with him on this topic).

In fact, I threw out my DVDs that were based on stories in the Bible. It was a tough call because I liked some of them a lot, but I just did not feel it was right for me to watch Bible story based films anymore. I see them as a changing of what the Bible says. But that’s just my humble opinion and I would next expect other believers to feel the same way as I do. I think it is something God has to reveal to them when they are ready to hear it.

As for classic Christian films:

I do want to see Sergeant York (1941), but I have not gotten around to seeing it yet.
The man won't look you straight in the eye when he speaks. If you know anything about body language this is a red flag.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glad to hear it. It is one of my top favorite Christian movies.

Yes, that’s true.

Indeed. I really cannot think of any other movie like it.

Here is how to do a spoiler:

full

Side Note:

You can also do this with multi quoting people, too. Just replace the word “SPOILER” with the word “QUOTE” instead. You can add the name of the person you are quoting or refer to their later quotes as “You.” To add the name “You” like I do in my posts, just simply add it like this:

QUOTE=You

But make sure you place it in brackets, and make sure the second last bracket of the quote has a back slash symbol.

As for the scene you mentioned:

Yes, that was of one mine of my favorite scenes, as well. Very creative (artistic the way they did that scene), and it was emotional to boot. I hope this film leads Christians into a deeper relationship with the Lord or it may lead someone to accept Jesus.

You are most welcome.

Yes, different than any I have seen so far. It is now my new fave! Thanks for the instructions to do a "spoiler" :) I might even watch another one tonight...which would be your second favorite?
Too bad this movie is not easily found on Pureflix or Netflix. I have already shared it and will again to several I think will watch it :)