My church? Right!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm at the belt buckle of the Bible belt in the heart of Georgia
Don't ask where that is, even Georgians don't know where we are.
Anyway, after 4 churches in 6 months, we're at wits end what to do.
I say "don't panic", God will guide us
None of these churches want to pray out loud for one another, lay hands on each other for healing, and they seem to resent us for trying to push the issue on them.
We all have to learn
We went to an independent church, a Southern Baptist church, and 2
church of Gods
we still have a Greek church, a few more independents, one Catholic church, one Episcopal, one Lutheran, one Presbyterian,
one Methodist, a couple of Pentacostals, and probably more
And that's not counting the dozen or so of black churches.
Which one is mine?
My wife and I have been to a couple of all black churches before, they were very nice, but we did feel uncomfortable
It makes me wonder why black people go to our white churches with all the black churches they have to choose from
I don't know

Anyway, all we want to do is pray for people when they gather, see the Holy Spirit come alive in the church and change people's lives
Pastor's and all seem to be afraid of that
If we heard of a black church that did that, we would go there
In the meantime, what do we do?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of these churches want to pray out loud for one another, lay hands on each other for healing, and they seem to resent us for trying to push the issue on them.
We all have to learn
church of Gods
we still have a Greek church, a few more independents, one Catholic church, one Episcopal, one Lutheran, one Presbyterian,
Which one is mine?
My wife and I have been to a couple of all black churches before, they were very nice, but we did feel uncomfortable
It makes me wonder why black people go to our white churches with all the black churches they have to choose from
I don't know

Anyway, all we want to do is pray for people when they gather, see the Holy Spirit come alive in the church and change people's lives

"even Georgians don't know where we are."
Are you certain you are, actually IN Georgia?? :D

Reactions: Willie T

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How odd they do not pray out loud, or laying on of hands for the sick. Especially being smack in the middle of the bible belt.
You both will just have to keep on looking. Or, maybe start your own gatherings at homes...not sure how many, if any, Christian friends you have made so, that would be an issue. I'll pray that God will lead you and your wife to your home Church soon.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They are color blind.
Invite some black color-blind Christians to your home and meet regularly as a church. Then do what you feel you are led to do.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rollo Tamasi said:
"It makes me wonder why black people go to our white churches with all the black churches they have to choose from"

Maybe because they are used to living in a "white" dominated society and, they have learned to fit in? We have many black people at my Church, they all seem very comfortable. One of our pastors is black. There are 4 worship teams that rotate to our 4 different locations and many of them are black. But still, there are a good amount more whites. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Rollo Tamasi

I would say 1) don't "do" anything ...just listen to the Lord , He will lead you.

Or 2) Yes, start a home Church...have you thought of that?
Maybe that is what the Lord is trying to show you/

Back in our early days , we started a home church with one other couple...within 5 months we had a group of 78 , a cross section from ages 12 - 70.
One Sunday morning just before six of us were about to start worshiping the door bell rang, and 4 people were on the doorstep.
They said- " We heard there was a God meeting in this place, is there room for 4 more ".

When God builds , He builds well. "Unless God builds the church/house we labour in vain."

Bless you Rollo ....

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Rollo, what Helen said. If you build it, they will come! :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
will you come nan nan?

Sure! I'll just fly in every Sunday and for midweek bible study, sure...no prob! Thank you for the invite! I just had an idea...people do not even have to be there in person as some who cannot attend, could Skype!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have to learn
church of Gods
Which one is mine?
I don't know

I am a retired UMC pastor and ex-theology professor at a Catholic university. I suggest that in your church hopping your criterion should be: Which church satisfies Paul's criterion for manifesting the kingdom of God on earth. Consider 1 Corinthians 4:19-20, the most neglected of the crucial New Testament texts on spirituality:

"I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and find out not the (God) talk of these arrogant people, but their power. For the kingdom of God depends not on talk, but on power."

In my town, no church satisfies this criterion. But before I retired, I started a small weekly interdenominational prayer group that does! The near-blind (macular degeneration) have been healed (a healing that created hysteria in the ophthalmologist's office), malignant brain tumors of 2 people have recently disappeared (converting one young skeptic who posted before and after photos of his tumor on Facebook, was recently baptized, and shared his testimony in his Methodist church), blood clots have instantly vanished, and a young girl, paralyzed by a psychotic fear disorder has recently been healed!

Here is my suggestion. Instead of searching for the right church that fits your preconceived doctrinal belief system, call around to find out if any church features a weekly prayer group that expects and produces miracles. My background is Pentecostal and I have experienced several gifts of the Spirit. But sadly, many Pentecostal churches fail to exercise the gift of discernment and, as a result, most of their manifestations are of the flesh. Still, the best of Pentecostalism is Christianity at its best precisely because of their Spirit-inspired results. But I of course cannot vouch for your local Pentecostal churches. That is why I suggest that your church quest not focus on specific denominations, but rather on "power" as manifest in small prayer groups. When you find the right prayer group, I suggest that you explore the churches attended by the members. The quality, size, number, and power of a church's small prayer groups is the best criterion for the church you should join.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rollo Tamasi

I would say 1) don't "do" anything ...just listen to the Lord , He will lead you.

Or 2) Yes, start a home Church...have you thought of that?
Maybe that is what the Lord is trying to show you/

Back in our early days , we started a home church with one other couple...within 5 months we had a group of 78 , a cross section from ages 12 - 70.
One Sunday morning just before six of us were about to start worshiping the door bell rang, and 4 people were on the doorstep.
They said- " We heard there was a God meeting in this place, is there room for 4 more ".

When God builds , He builds well. "Unless God builds the church/house we labour in vain."

Bless you Rollo ....
My church started of as a House Church and grew.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here I am, in the middle of no where, no one knows me and no one cares
not that there is anyone around to begin with
we have lots of wildlife
I fit right in
Jesus rules everywhere I go

I was talking to a graphic artist the other day
I told him it was time to go sell shoes
That's what unemployed pastors do

I've got three different plumbers coming over to fix my toilet
I'm still waiting

The Tamasi's are from Naples, Italy
You got Mafia to the north and you got Mafia to the south
In the middle you got the Tamasi's
They all co-exist

There's a saying that goes around Naples
If you could be one of the Tamasi's, which one would you want to be?
That's why these days 3 out of every 4 boys is named Rollo.

Does anyone read my stuff?

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here I am, in the middle of no where, no one knows me and no one cares
not that there is anyone around to begin with
we have lots of wildlife
I fit right in
Jesus rules everywhere I go

I was talking to a graphic artist the other day
I told him it was time to go sell shoes
That's what unemployed pastors do

I've got three different plumbers coming over to fix my toilet
I'm still waiting

The Tamasi's are from Naples, Italy
You got Mafia to the north and you got Mafia to the south
In the middle you got the Tamasi's
They all co-exist

There's a saying that goes around Naples
If you could be one of the Tamasi's, which one would you want to be?
That's why these days 3 out of every 4 boys is named Rollo.

Does anyone read my stuff?

"Does anyone read my stuff?"
Nah, I got you on ignore. :D And, doesn't matter where you are...Jesus is there, right?
So what, you need 3 different plumbers to fix a toilet? Are they bidding on the job or something? Ya never know, being in the middle of no-where.
Sell shoes, huh...well at least it's an honest living! But then, you weren't called to do that were you?
So, if I have to run from the law, I can find a Tomasi in Naples to hide me?
Do you ever answer posts??!!! ♥

Reactions: Pearl and Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Does anyone read my stuff?"
Nah, I got you on ignore. :D And, doesn't matter where you are...Jesus is there, right?
So what, you need 3 different plumbers to fix a toilet? Are they bidding on the job or something? Ya never know, being in the middle of no-where.
Sell shoes, huh...well at least it's an honest living! But then, you weren't called to do that were you?
So, if I have to run from the law, I can find a Tomasi in Naples to hide me?
Do you ever answer posts??!!! ♥
Huh?
You say something?