My double life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Man I have days were I just feel full of the Spirit and I feel like that is being radiated out to everyone I meet, i feel like I can talk to people about Jesus and just worship and all that stuff, I love those days.

But then I have days like today, days where nobody would know that I was a follower of Christ, I mean the rubbish that comes out of my mouth when Im talking with the boys down at the gym or the way I get upset and impatient with bad drivers, the way I catch myself looking at hot girls.
I wouldn't call myself a follower of Jesus on those days, I always think to myself if Jesus returned now what would I say "Oh wow man I didnt expect ya back so soon"
You know all I feel like I do these days is continually pray for forgiveness, I want to pray powerful prayers and feel close to God, but I feel like my ways keep me at a great distance and all I can do is grovel for forgiveness.

I really hope this change for me soon, maybe I could make a vow of silence and not go out anywhere.

Anyway love you all
God Bless

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I know how you feel... Like a horrible person. I try to be the image of Christ, and be patient with others. But I can only take so much frustration before I explode. I calm down instantly then, and feel bad about it.

Sometimes the little things will set me off, while bigger offences I just brush off.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Tomorrow you will do better. You do not have to Grovel b/c God knows you are human and a work in progress. Sometimes it seems to me that highs are followed by low periods of time. You Belong to God and love him and he loves you. We are being perfected and make soo many mistakes. In my life time I have learned that when I am busy beating up on myself for my imperfections and mistakes that it is not God putting me down. We all know who the accuser is and it is not God. Hold your head up high now brother and know that God see's your good heart and forgives you and you will do better tomorrow.
Father in Heaven, Please let Madad know how much you love him and that you forgive him! Let your love and blessings rain down on him! Lift him up and let him soar again!
Let him say Halleluyah I am forgiven! As always I pray in Jesus name.

Peace and love to all who are tenderhearted like you! God Bless you a lot!!!!!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Thanks guys, wow a beautiful prayer Shirley that was awesome I needed that.
Thats the greatest thing about our savor is that He took it because we couldn't.

Thunderkat

Sep 3, 2014
Virginia Beach
Madad, I try to explain this to my wife all the time and it seems appropriate here. I am in the Navy, I am a sailor and a military man...we cuss...a lot. When my friends and I get together we cuss each other out and make fun of each other and it is always returned...and I wouldn't have it any other way. Real friends that really do care about each other will cuss each other out and question their parentage and expect the same right back. Civilians that see me and my buddies talk wonder if we are about to fight and then wonder why we are going to eat dinner together, hang out after work, and the usual friend stuff. Remember too, Jesus came to sailors first. Sure we cuss and act badly but there is true love there. I only cuss to and at my friends, people I don't like I speak formally to...if at all. I think the most important thing is the intent behind the words. One of my buddies when he really gets mad at somebody looks them directly in the eye and says "Good day to you sir!" and then turns around and walks away. Sure it sounds formal but it is a terrible and vicious blasting that I don't want to be on the other end of.

If I see a man with tattos, an oil stained shirt, and carrying a wrench and cussing I know I can trust that person. On the other hand if I see a man in a suit and carrying a briefcase coming to the door of my house I am grabbing one of my many assorted firearms and getting ready.

I firmly believe if the devil walks up to you he is going to be formal, clean cut, and well dressed.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Madad21 said:
Man I have days were I just feel full of the Spirit and I feel like that is being radiated out to everyone I meet, i feel like I can talk to people about Jesus and just worship and all that stuff, I love those days.

But then I have days like today, days where nobody would know that I was a follower of Christ, I mean the rubbish that comes out of my mouth when Im talking with the boys down at the gym or the way I get upset and impatient with bad drivers, the way I catch myself looking at hot girls.
I wouldn't call myself a follower of Jesus on those days, I always think to myself if Jesus returned now what would I say "Oh wow man I didnt expect ya back so soon"
You know all I feel like I do these days is continually pray for forgiveness, I want to pray powerful prayers and feel close to God, but I feel like my ways keep me at a great distance and all I can do is grovel for forgiveness.

I really hope this change for me soon, maybe I could make a vow of silence and not go out anywhere.

Anyway love you all
God Bless
I have those days! I always feel terrible too afterwards. I even hear a little voice tell me thats not please to the Lord. Most days, I am ready to "go tell it on the mountain". I find that usually something sparks the other parts of me from time to time and I really dont like those parts. I know God understands and I do ask for forgivness but feel like I should have never put myself in that position to begin with.