My Father's House

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Jhn 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Jhn 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Jhn 14:4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Jhn 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jhn 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Mansions:
a staying, abiding, dwelling, abode
to make an (one's) abode
metaph. of the God the Holy Spirit indwelling believers
a staying, i.e. residence (the act or the place):—abode, mansion.

I am the way
I am the truth
I am the Life

Stay in the way,
Stay in the truth
Stay in the Life

Abide in the way,
Abide in the truth,
Abide in the Life

Dwell in the way,
Dwell in the truth,
Dwell in the Life

Abode:
a place of residence; a house or home.

Reside in the way
Reside in the truth
Reside in the Life

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Luk 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Jhn 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Jhn 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Many Mansions... way, truth, life, ....

1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Jhn 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Charity:
affection, good will, love, benevolence, brotherly love

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1Co 13:13
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

I am Faith, Hope, Love
Stay in Faith, Hope, Love
Abide in Faith, Hope, Love
Dwell in Faith, Hope, Love
Reside in Faith, Hope, Love

I AM LOVE

In my Father's house are many mansions...
That where I am, there ye may be also.

HUGS

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy
I am the house! You are the house! We are the house of the Father, the mansion(s) as it were, when we are fully prepared for Jesus to rest in/on us! Jesus is [is to be] the Head of the Body of Christ. And we...?

The foxes have their holes in which to dwell, those little foxes who spoil the vines, but while as a man walking on planet Earth, Jesus had no place to lay His Head, things were growing. building, being sought... David wrote of it here:

"Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." Psalm 132:3-5

He was seeking it and then he speaks of what it is"

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psalm 132:13-14

Zion [the parched place] is the resting place which is Body of which Jesus is [is to be] the Head.

We abide in Him so that He also may abide in us or on us as our Head!

"And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. "Col 1:18

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." I Cor 12:12

"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body." Eph 5:23

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." John 17:21

My Father's House! The many Mansions fitted together into One!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Jhn 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jhn 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Mansions:
to make an (one's) abode

I am the way
I am the truth
I am the Life

Stay in the way,
Stay in the truth
Stay in the Life

Abide in the way,
Abide in the truth,
Abide in the Life

Dwell in the way,
Dwell in the truth,
Dwell in the Life

Abode:

Reside in the way
Reside in the truth
Reside in the Life

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Luk 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Jhn 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Charity:

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

I am Faith, Hope, Love

I AM LOVE

HUGS

What a wonderful encouraging post!

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 2:13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
Jhn 2:14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
Jhn 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
Jhn 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Jhn 2:17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
Rev 18:9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
Rev 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
Rev 18:11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
Rev 18:12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
Rev 18:13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
Rev 18:14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
Rev 18:15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
Rev 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
Rev 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
Rev 18:18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
Rev 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

2Ki 19:31 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the LORD of hosts shall do this.

Psa 69:9 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

My Father's House:

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Rev 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jos 6:22 But Joshua had said unto the two men that had spied out the country, Go into the harlot's house, and bring out thence the woman, and all that she hath, as ye sware unto her.
Jos 6:23 And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel.
Jos 6:24 And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD.
Jos 6:25 And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.

1Co 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Psa 87:4 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.

Heb 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
Heb 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

Luk 7:36 And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat.
Luk 7:37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
Luk 7:38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
Luk 7:39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
Luk 7:40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
Luk 7:41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
Luk 7:42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
Luk 7:43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
Luk 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
Luk 7:45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
Luk 7:46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
Luk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
Luk 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the posts above abuse what Jesus said in John 14 about The Father's "house", showing lack of Bible study.

The "many mansions" in The Father's "house" that Lord Jesus pointed to is about the abode of the priests per the future Millennial temple layout in Jerusalem, ON EARTH. That was first written of back in the Old Testament prophet of Ezekiel (Ezekiel 40 thru 47). The layout of that "house" is fully described there, including its general location on earth. Some folks need to do their homework instead of believing the silly doctrines of men that think those 'mansions' will be up in the clouds!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Mansions:
to make an (one's) abode

I am the way
I am the truth
I am the Life

Stay in the way,
Stay in the truth
Stay in the Life

Abide in the way,
Abide in the truth,
Abide in the Life

Dwell in the way,
Dwell in the truth,
Dwell in the Life

Abode:

Reside in the way
Reside in the truth
Reside in the Life

Charity:

I am Faith, Hope, Love

I AM LOVE

HUGS
I live in a small cabin and I love it. A mansion is not something I aspire to neither are streets of gold for that matter.
When Jesus speaks of his Fathers house he speaks of relationship.....the most precious of Heaven's commodities.

The physical stuff like mansions and gold etc etc are more types in their application but because of our 'blindness', because these are where we place value they are used/given.

That gives thought to the promise of seeing the Father's face. We can not imagine the connectedness that awaits us the which we have only the smallest inkling here and now.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in a small cabin and I love it. A mansion is not something I aspire to neither are streets of gold for that matter.
When Jesus speaks of his Fathers house he speaks of relationship.....the most precious of Heaven's commodities.

The physical stuff like mansions and gold etc etc are more types in their application but because of our 'blindness', because these are where we place value they are used/given.

That gives thought to the promise of seeing the Father's face. We can not imagine the connectedness that awaits us the which we have only the smallest inkling here and now.
Gold... refined in the fire... streets of Gold.. a sure path.. no waysides.. it is tried and true.
Mansions.. the abodes of where God keeps his treasure.. and where we keep our treasures where rust and moths cant reach them.
Love, Joy, Peace, Faith, Hope.. seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these shall be added... in the storehouses, in the barns.
In the mansions of our Father's house.

Hugs

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shovel time..
Psa 127:1

[[A Song of degrees for Solomon.]] Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Solomom built a House..

1Ki 5:2 And Solomon sent to Hiram, saying,
1Ki 5:3 Thou knowest how that David my father could not build an house unto the name of the LORD his God for the wars which were about him on every side, until the LORD put them under the soles of his feet.
1Ki 5:4 But now the LORD my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent.
1Ki 5:5 And, behold, I purpose to build an house unto the name of the LORD my God, as the LORD spake unto David my father, saying, Thy son, whom I will set upon thy throne in thy room, he shall build an house unto my name.

1Ki 6:37 In the fourth year was the foundation of the house of the LORD laid, in the month Zif:
1Ki 6:38 And in the eleventh year, in the month Bul, which is the eighth month, was the house finished throughout all the parts thereof, and according to all the fashion of it. So was he seven years in building it.

Zif = "brightness"
name of the 2nd month of the year, corresponding to Apr-May
properly, brightness, i.e. (figuratively) the month of flowers

Bul = "increase: produce"
the eighth Hebrew month, corresponding to modern Oct-Nov
(in the sense of rain)

Luk 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
Luk 2:22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;
Luk 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)
Luk 2:24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.
Luk 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
Luk 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Luk 2:28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
Luk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Luk 2:31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
Luk 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Zif = "brightness"
name of the 2nd month of the year, corresponding to Apr-May
properly, brightness, i.e. (figuratively) the month of flowers

Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Bul = "increase: produce"
the eighth Hebrew month, corresponding to modern Oct-Nov
(in the sense of rain)

Jhn 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
Jhn 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
Jhn 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
Jhn 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
Jhn 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

So was he seven years in building it.

3.5 + 3.5 the former and the latter rain.

Seven years.. rain..

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

I need another shovel