My feelings about the Christians on this forum;

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
I believe from what they post, they are good Christians. I don’t follow most of their teachings of the scriptures, and do believe they are off base on most of them. But, I still believe they have good hearts for God. Some are hard headed, and do not accept Bible truth if it hit them in the face, but, they are not being false Christians. I myself have been shown to be wrong on some scriptures…I pray God will one day, in this system, or the next, have all of use agreeing on the truth as God knows it.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would have to agree with your analysis of the majority of people on this forum.

God bless

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Domenic,
I did not mean to be so hard on you about your book, You have a knack for writing as anyone can see... to the glory of God for your talent.
None of us have all truth down pat not me, nor anyone else, but the Spirit is the one who feeds us all spiritual truth for us to share, God made it that way in the body of Christ which is made up of many members so that we would need one another to bring the manna that God has given each of us to the table in the upper room so that we can share each of our pieces of the puzzle so to speak to see the whole picture or full understanding of Christ, the Bread of life/Manna/Christ/Word to bring us into unity of the Word as a whole loaf being made in the image of the one new man who is abiding in the One true Word which is Christ.
We are told that we are living stones that are being built up into a temple in Christ Jesus, in the Word of Life for the Word is food for angels that the Hebrews ate of but died, because they did not have the Spirit of God to indwell them to guide them into all truth.
Ps 78:24-25
24 And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.
25 Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.
KJV
1 John 1:1-2
1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
KJV
John 6:48-51
48 I am that bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
KJV

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think the main problem I have with dismissing the doctrine of heaven and hell is the same problem I have with dispnsationalim - all the teaching were developed 1900 years after Christ.

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
aspen2 said:
i think the main problem I have with dismissing the doctrine of heaven and hell is the same problem I have with dispnsationalim - all the teaching were developed 1900 years after Christ.
Hi! 'Aspen'
I was rather perplexed by your comment saying, "I think the main problem ... all the teaching were developed 1900 years after Christ",
I suspect that you might not be so eager to include the 'Trinity Doctrine' into this same formula mix; after all, it was first introduced some 300 years after Christ's resurrection.
No one present day can claim to have a monopoly on the truth. Myself, included.
Truth is not something static; it's always being revealed as an unfolding matter ... a process.
More importantly, God speaks to His people first and foremost as individuals and in a language that they alone can comprehend and understand. These independent threads of truth are what forms the embroidery of/for the church.
Take for instance, the doctrine behind the idea of 'Universal Reconciliation', otherwise known as "All Are Saved". Many have rejected this wrong teaching because it's clearly the testimony of those who remain unable to confess that God is only and completely good.
Truth always compels this principle: when the foundation is tampered with, the entire edifice collapses.
So it is that, when sincere Christians began to accuse God of demanding the wages (punishment) for sin, the foundation of truth was tampered with.
It is Satan who pays the wages of those who are doing his works; it is Satan who pays the wages of those employed by him. It is only in the Devil's 'payroll book' that man's account is entered in debit-red.
But some insist to wrongly imagine God behaving as a natural man. They imagine God to be the judge. prosecutor and the executioner too ... something totally contrary to any manner of justice. They imagine that God behaves as a natural parent; rewarding evil with evil.
The true face of God as revealed in 2nd Cor 5:19 has been stolen from those who believe the 'Universal Reconciliation' doctrines. "God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation".
God has never assumed the posture of a prosecutor with His creation. Neither does He sit restless in His supposed vengeance upon man. God's thoughts towards men are not thoughts of retaliation or revenge. When the Bible declares the words: "Vengeance is mine, I will repay", it means that evil incarnate will be avenged --- the real perpetrator of sin: against the, "despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere", (Eph 6:10). God detached Himself from them by rejecting them and finally He will avenge Himself by casting them into the lake of fire. In this respect, the work of Jesus has begun: justice, (that is a judgment or separation between good and evil), is being seen to triumph in God's people so that they may be holy and completely pure, (Matt 12:20).

God has never had to reconcile Himself with man. It has always been that man had to reconcile himself with God. But without that knowledge on the firm foundation that God is only and perfectly good, people have been compelled to invent doctrines to camouflage the error ... such as the doctrine of 'All Saved'. Confessing that God pays the wages of sin defames the name of God and is incompatible to the Gospel. Therefore, it should surprise no one that errors have been ushered into the church teachings to conceal such false confessions.

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
domenic said:
Going to Heaven, and a Hell of Fire.
If you don't believe in heaven - what exactly is your hope??
Why did Jesus say that He was going to the Father top prepare a place for us?

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
ChurchAuthority said:
If you are coming to my home State, I can prepare a place for you...that means I'll find you a good Motel, not take you home with me.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ChurchAuthority said:

The abode is for this time. Jesus doesn't say to abide in Him at some distant future. We cannot bear an eternal fruit unless we abide in Him today. The place Jesus has prepared for us is a place where we have fellowship with God in the light.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
ChurchAuthority said:
The kingdom of heaven is within us and begins to manifest in our life when we continue to humble ourself to Christ(The Word) and begin to shed our fleshly man with it's sinful ways as the Spirit guides us into all truth. We begin as babes on milk who are heirs, but as a child we don't know how to receive our inheritance. But as we grow in the Word aka Christ as sons we begin to be able to feed upon the meat of the Word and learn how to receive all the promises of God for our life in the promised land.

Hell is a life of torment yet I do also believe they are literal places as well they do begin on earth. It is possible to live in heaven as others around us live a life of hell. We are judged for our doing, not theirs.
Sin is what keeps us in constant darkness, chaos in our daily lives begin in the heat of torment burning literally as in always inflamed, angered, hatred, bitterness, poverty, diseased, sick in our unclean spirit Never finding any rest!

Persecution for abiding in God's Word is not hell, it is our confirmation that we are handling the truth correctly for only those who hate Christ can not receive the Word and will persecute one for it for they don't have the Spirit of God.
Jesus is preparing a place for us... in his body to carry on the work he has left his body here to do and again as we remain in him, in the Word we grow into sons and begin to find our path to the promiseland of milk and honey that is for all who are God's children shown by the way they are imitating Christ aka the Word of truth, way and life as the find the keys to the kingdom.
Luke 17:20-21
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
KJV
John 14:1-7
14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
KJV

Jesus was the Word made flesh and he is the true image of the invisible Father. That is why Jesus thought it not robbery to be called EQUAL with God. For God and His Word are exactly the same, just as a man is exactly as the words that he speaks for they reveal the character of the man.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
Can you give an example of a teaching you feel is "off base" ? thanks

domenic said:
Going to Heaven, and a Hell of Fire.
How in the world can a believing Christian be true to God's Holy Writ and not understand clearly written Scripture about the abode of Heaven and the future "lake of fire" event when the devil and wicked are all destroyed???

How can those 2 Bible concepts be examples of "off base" teachings???

I'll tell you who DOESN'T believe in those two concepts clearly written of in God's Holy Writ, first it would be the atheist, then those into occult arts like Gnosticism. Reason is because BOTH of those groups think today is all there is to life. To refuse Scripture about the existence of the abode called Heaven is to refuse also Scripture about the resurrection and even the existence... of God's Throne and His Son sitting on His right hand now... in the Heavenly!

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
veteran said:
How in the world can a believing Christian be true to God's Holy Writ and not understand clearly written Scripture about the abode of Heaven and the future "lake of fire" event when the devil and wicked are all destroyed???

How can those 2 Bible concepts be examples of "off base" teachings???

I'll tell you who DOESN'T believe in those two concepts clearly written of in God's Holy Writ, first it would be the atheist, then those into occult arts like Gnosticism. Reason is because BOTH of those groups think today is all there is to life. To refuse Scripture about the existence of the abode called Heaven is to refuse also Scripture about the resurrection and even the existence... of God's Throne and His Son sitting on His right hand now... in the Heavenly!
God created man to live on earth, and care for it, for him...yes there is a heaven, but we don't go there. The hell fire you think is a real place you find in Rev, means the end of something...if you readRrev, you will see that even hell is thrown into the lake of fire....I don't see how IN THE WORLD a believing Christian be true to God's holy writing does not clearly understand scripture?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
domenic said:
God created man to live on earth, and care for it, for him...yes there is a heaven, but we don't go there. The hell fire you think is a real place you find in Rev, means the end of something...if you readRrev, you will see that even hell is thrown into the lake of fire....I don't see how IN THE WORLD a believing Christian be true to God's holy writing does not clearly understand scripture?
Where was it that Elijah went???

The hell fire I'm talking about is declared in Revelation 20, it is also called the "second death" there. Might try re-reading about that again, because for the abode of the wicked called 'hell' to be consumed there's obviously ANOTHER kind of FIRE involved, a fire that can destroy the 'image of the heavenly' which Paul spoke of, and which is the only image that Satan and his angels have ever had.

The hell fire you... are talking about is the holding place in the heavenly right now for the wicked, and where the abode of Satan and his angels is. It is a place of separation... IN the Heavenly, as revealed in Rev.12:8 and Luke 16.

There are only TWO dimensions of existence declared in God's Word. There is this material dimension we live in on this earth, and then there is the Heavenly dimension where God's Abode and the angels are. When Christ returns in our near future, BOTH dimensions are going to start being joined together in the same time and space. After the future "lake of fire" event, God's full Abode will be back here on the earth that He created.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
domenic said:
If you are coming to my home State, I can prepare a place for you...that means I'll find you a good Motel, not take you home with me.
You mean like Motel 6? Wow... you are out there aren't you...

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
domenic said:
Ummm, so - where do you think you will go after you die?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's not a matter of other Christians, but of yourself. if you're free indeed, then nothing will offend you. 1 Peter 4:1 "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin". as long as you're in this flesh and blood you will have trouble, even from among your own brothers and sisters. but if one is free themselves, then those who are free must bare them who are not. for our brothers and sisters that cause you uncomfort, do it in ignorance. and as the Lord did, "lay it not to their charge". for some lack the full knowledge of the Lord.
and by this lack of knowledge, they worketh not in FAITH. for anything that is not of FAITH is sin. so as our Lord said, forgive ye one another as I have forgiven you. now that's a command we all can do. why?, Matthew 6:14 "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
domenic said:
REALLY bad analogy.

That's not what Jesus said. He said:
John 14:2
"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you."

God is in HEAVEN. - not a general vicinity like your home state . . .

You are pouruing your own bizarre twist on it.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
If I was Satan, I would pay the Catholic Church in gold just to stay in business, and expand.
IMO are Catholics Christian? With all the things they do, God says not to do...I would take a wild guess...no.

Status
Not open for further replies.