My Kingdom Is NOT of This World = John 18;36-37

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Kingdom Is NOT of This World = John 18;36-37

John 18;36-37

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto Him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Luke 22:30

That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 13:28-29

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

John 3:3, 5

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Matthew 5:3,10

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:19

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7:21

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 18:3-4

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22:1-14

And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen.

II Peter 1:10-11

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting Kingdom of our Lord and Saviour JESUS CHRIST.

AMEN

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice group of verses - but I tend to like all the verses of the Bible.

Yet the Bible is not the King of kings, nor the Kingdom that I His. So the verses advising or telling us about the Kingdom of God is not explaining what we found if and when we did or do find the King and His Kingdom. Many Christians I talk to seem to think that we don't find either the King or His Kingdom until we die. They say it is in their midst, yet that does not mean they actually hear the King nor from His Kingdom. They follow the Bible - is what they tell you. The verses is what we live by - is the proclamation that goes forth from their mouth. They say they are the nice loving people who know the Lord - but is it so? If questioned, "the Bible is the Word of God" is what they thump down in front of you. And so we have Bible thumpers - willing to quote verse after verse after verse after verse... a full ten times.

Is it not written that man shall live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God??

So then, perhaps every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God must mean the Bible - by the clear actions they testify to? How else can you take the meaning from someone who only quotes verses?

Now this gives me a problem - and the problem is this: I have come to know a person, and not just any person. He tells me and it seems to be true, that He in the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. And I hear from Him every day called TODAY. He is not the only One I hear from, because He does have a Kingdom and often sends angels that serve Him to minister to me also. And He also has enemies who like to get words in. Now He is spirit, and so I am talking about a spiritual realm.

That does seem to match up with

John 18;36-37

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto Him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

But quoting verse after verse after verse doesn't seem to match up with that verse!! What happens to the " Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice" - part???

As for me, I testify about the hearing His voice part!

Now the Holy Spirit once told me, "Karl, we don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord."

Luke 21:13 “It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony.

As for me - I testify about my Lord, Jesus Christ!! He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS! I know that because I hear from Him and He shows His authority over His Kingdom by also sending His servants, the angels of heaven, by sending them to also minister to me and to watch over me. I have gotten to know, not only the King, but also many of the angels He has sent to me.

Now the first words He told me were, "Read Your Bible", but I have been talking to Him everyday for well over 20 years now, so I don't testify by just using verses, because I am not testifying about the Bible. I am testifying about the King and His Kingdom.

This morning He asked me to write about Him!! He is the One who talks to me - He is not the verses in the Bible! He is the One who this morning ask me, "Karl, can we sit down and talk." We talked about how He wanted to be presented as being real. He is real, so why should we not make Him so? He again talked to me about how He is the mana that comes down out of heaven, but He is for us "TODAY", and 2000 years old mana is not what we are preaching!!

So we are not preaching that He was King 2000 years ago, nor are we preaching that He is King 2000 years from now - we are preaching that He is the King NOW!!! So while I might use the scriptures which were written some thousands of years ago, to support my testimony Today. And I might put forth a promise of more to come, but He is for NOW!

This weekend He had me ministering to people at church. At one point He had me ask a man if He was having a physical issue. It turned out that he was. So I asked Jesus Christ to heal the man and according to the testimony of that man, he was healed for something the doctors and the medicine they had been given him had not healed him of. That happened just a couple of days ago. So Jesus Christ is for Now!! He is to be testified to about Today!

Yeah - I can back it up with Scriptures. They explain "Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." - and that seems to be the case for me. So I am going to use the Scriptures to preach the Lord, of Today - but of course not just the Scriptures otherwise He is not the Lord of Today but of the past and future. I am going to use my testimony also. I am going to point to things He told me, and to things I saw happen because of Him. I am going to tell people about the Kingdom of God, including those angels who minister to me also, because He sends them to me - proving He is the King.

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

As for me, my answer to that is Yes! Angels are ministering spirits, sent out to render service for our sake!! So we know some of them, right? I like Alafraid and Josh, and I get a kick out of Sucess that serves the Lord, and Focus is really helpful... They tend to have names that tell you about themselves. "Who is Like God" (Michael) is discussed in the Bible, though I have not meet Him personally, but I did talk to another spirit of evangelism who like to talk about Jesus Christ, who is the perfect image of the invisible God. He will tell you that Jesus Christ not only is the perfect image of the invisible God but that He sits on the throne of God over the Kingdom of God and that he serves our Lord Jesus Christ.

I also like an angel I call reason, though he tells me that is not exactly his name, but he is ok with what I call him. He like to say, "Come lets us go reason with The Lord!" He like to quote:

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

Yet if you talk to Reason, he will have you actually put that into practice. He will suggest subjects that you might want to talk to the Lord on. Things like, "how come other Christians don't actually seems to know the Lord and His Kingdom though they say they do?"

My point is - We have a King in Jesus Christ, and He has a Kingdom, and they are there for us Today, so why don't we testify to that?????