My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD poured out his own WRATH on HIS SON!!

Voddie Baucham.."Our culture, Jesus just wants a friendship and relationship with you....you are breaking his heart. NO, HE IS GONNA BREAK YOU!"

Revelations 19: 11-16
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written,
KING OF KINGS, AND Lord OF LORDS.

Voddie Baucham, "God doesn't need you. When you die, the world is gonna keep on spinning and SOMEBODY is gonna get ALL YOUR STUFF!" (family included)

..............10 min sermon, very powerful and humbling message

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions and Wants Christians To Just Die!!

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
Yes good point, every believing one will not perish, but all the others are condemned alreadyjn3:17-18,.
They will surely perish as Gods wrath is revealed from heaven.
God is love and those not found in Him will never experience the savingly love of God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes good point, every believing one will not perish, but all the others are condemned alreadyjn3:17-18,.
They will surely perish as Gods wrath is revealed from heaven.
God is love and those not found in Him will never experience the savingly love of God.
So many people have their lives crippled by a religion that teaches them that God will punish them.

People need to hear that God loves them so much he sent his Son to die for them. People need to hear that God will forgive them no matter what they have done if they ask him. People need to know that they are not worthless but precious to God. People need to know Jesus and know the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

God is love. He is only vengeful and wrathful towards his enemies not those who are seeking him.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many people have their lives crippled by a religion that teaches them that God will punish them.

People need to hear that God loves them so much he sent his Son to die for them. People need to hear that God will forgive them no matter what they have done if they ask him. People need to know that they are not worthless but precious to God. People need to know Jesus and know the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

God is love. He is only vengeful and wrathful towards his enemies not those who are seeking him.
Yes, The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all outside of Jesus.
That's why Paul was not ashamed of the gospel as the only safe place for sinners.
God is angry with the wicked, everyday

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all outside of Jesus.
That's why Paul was not ashamed of the gospel as the only safe place for sinners.
God is angry with the wicked, everyday
I do not agree with you I'm afraid. Yes, there are times when God reveals his wrath but I believe he has compassion on sinners as it is his desire that they turn to Jesus and know his love. It is wrong to evangelise only through fear.

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do many revel in the wrath of God?
Don’t deny it revelers

Can’t you see?
God used wrath to speak to a wrathful people
Jesus speaks to us, who have a different language

We are called to love

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a tough one... I don't like the "sissified" version of Jesus either. He was a hard but loving man to his disciples. He is love and we shouldn't forget that, but he also is vengeful, has wrath, laughs at calamities and Exodus 15 even points out he is a "man of war".

We should always keep in mind that he is loving and forgiving. But yes, he has what we would call a nasty side too. Neither side should be neglected.

Reactions: jshiii

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sissified? Really?!

sigh

Why does it matter how Jesus is perceived? I think people take from him what they need. After all, his primary question was “who do you say I am?”

Reactions: Nancy

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not agree with you I'm afraid. Yes, there are times when God reveals his wrath but I believe he has compassion on sinners as it is his desire that they turn to Jesus and know his love. It is wrong to evangelise only through fear.
Hello pearl,
Pearl have you ever read Romans chapter 1 verse 16 and 17 it says the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth ahold down the truth in unrighteousness and then Paul goes on to list of all the sins of the judgment of God again sent it doesn't say the love of God is revealed to man it's as the wrath of God is revealed to men.
Now Jesus is the love of God revealed to men but they have to be trusting in him to experience that love ,otherwise they will only know the wrath of God as they are sent to the 2nd death

Reactions: SovereignGrace

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How sad some people need to worship a monster.

@Willie T For your edification and I love you brother. Many want an Omnipotent God in Christ and this is all they want. They don't want a Soverign God in Christ because their desire is human supremacy instead of Christ Supremacy. :(

"Every breath you take is borrowed! Really, you are stealing that breath." Thank Jesus every time you take a breath......

Last edited:

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biblical God is not a monster.
Every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess Him as Lord.
The saints in Rev.19 praise Him for His righteous judgment.

Perfect response Anthony! Can't give a pass, in a Christian forum, for someone calling Christ a "monster."

God, Christ, is control of every heartbeat, every human has. He knows the Heart!

Last edited:

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone's perception of God is really a reflection of themselves.
We create 'our' God in our own image.
If you are a legally minded, unforgiving, and penal person then that is how you will perceive God to be.
And ditto for the opposites, and all the shades in between.
The 'Hellfire' scriptures were written during a barbaric age when offenders were regularly Crucified and crowds gathered to 'enjoy' an offender's excruciating pain and torment.

Last edited:

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there are times when God reveals his wrath but I believe he has compassion on sinners as it is his desire that they turn to Jesus and know his love. It is wrong to evangelise only through fear.

Yes, I agree @Pearl , Christ was sent here to our world for the lost, the sinners. I totally agree he has compassion for ALL.

So let's be clear. Let us clarify. His WRATH, though, comes to those who hear of him, his perfection, his unconditional love, and choose to reject him! I think you can agree with this? Yes?

Last edited:
Reactions: friend of

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD poured out his own WRATH on HIS SON!!

Voddie Baucham.."Our culture, Jesus just wants a friendship and relationship with you....you are breaking his heart. NO, HE IS GONNA BREAK YOU!"

Revelations 19: 11-16
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written,
KING OF KINGS, AND Lord OF LORDS.

Voddie Baucham, "God doesn't need you. When you die, the world is gonna keep on spinning and SOMEBODY is gonna get ALL YOUR STUFF!" (family included)

Good stuff! Many on this site would have mocked and ridiculed Paul's departure message; Acts 20:17-38.

Last edited: