My name is Matthew

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just made this video an hour ago. Explaining some of my experience growing up. With expression of life itself, and what had been seen and heard. You may find some type of insight from watching this video as it does have some story of my life, along with talking about how powerful words are and one of the cartoons that was watched as kid near the end. Over all this video is informative about my life of what had been experienced to some notion it is also a video about being thankful towards the Father in heaven.

Have a good day and May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You for sharing Matthew.
A lot of things you've been through... the tones..

Humbleness is what came to my mind when you were describing appologizing to your co-worker.
I been there a few times.
I don't get around people much anymore, so I don't get put in positions where I have to exercise my patience like I used to.
Except here on the forum.
This is where that fruit grows.. mostly here.
I think the Lord brings people in from all walks of life to test us, and test our fruits and see how well we're growing.

The more you exercise the more resistant you get to being easily angered or frustrated.
It takes a lot of practice.. like riding on training wheels to learning how to skateboard.
Takes balance, and patience.

Enjoyed your video
Stay strong..
there will be ups and downs.. some sideways even..lol
I'm 56 and I'm still practicing.. daily.

I think the hardest thing is admitting when your wrong... to yourself.
That was a great mile marker.. and you may come down that road again,
but now you know what it looks like. And you can catch it before it gets the better of you.

God Bless
HUGS

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just made this video an hour ago. Explaining some of my experience growing up. With expression of life itself, and what had been seen and heard. You may find some type of insight from watching this video as it does have some story of my life, along with talking about how powerful words are and one of the cartoons that was watched as kid near the end. Over all this video is informative about my life of what had been experienced to some notion it is also a video about being thankful towards the Father in heaven.

Have a good day and May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
Welcome to the forum Matthew!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @MatthewG,

Thank you for sharing. :)

Yes, words are powerful I agree: they can 'make' or 'marr'. Verses related to this have been finding access into my mind lately, for I have been witness to the detrimental effect of words, when opinions have been expressed which have caused offence to others. The word of God has quite a lot to say about the tongue, and words, and how we use them, which would be worth studying.

* In my Mother's Bible which I read (aged 18) after her death, there were many verses underlined: but the one that caught my eye, and remained with me is, Psalm 141:3:-

'Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth;
keep the door of my lips.'

* How we need to pray this don't we? That we may not do harm inadvertently.

With love to you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @MatthewG,

Thank you for sharing. :)

Yes, words are powerful I agree: they can 'make' or 'marr'. Verses related to this have been finding access into my mind lately, for I have been witness to the detrimental effect of words, when opinions have been expressed which have caused offence to others. The word of God has quite a lot to say about the tongue, and words, and how we use them, which would be worth studying.

* In my Mother's Bible which I read (aged 18) after her death there were many verses underlined: but the one that caught my eye, and remained with me is, Psalm 141:3:-

'Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth;
keep the door of my lips.'

* How we need to pray this don't we? That we may not do harm inadvertently.

With love to you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
@MatthewG , I like your video. Sorry to hijack your post @charity although you do make some fitting remarks that I want to expand on based on my experiences in life.

Going off charity's post:

Yes, it's hard to keep one's mouth shut when you know you are most definitely right at times. You just cannot wait to tell that person with vigor and in a firm and assertive tone that they are wrong, and here's why. And yet by doing this very thing of spouting out an error to someone, we can make ourselves 'wrong' in the eyes of God. We are operating on pride and selfishness to a degree. We forget that there are other ways to relate to people and still reach our objective, in love and patience. We forget the big picture at times, lack humility and wisdom, and then the Spirit convicts us of all of it. I still find myself in this cycle of, I'm really sorry it came out that way, thinking this at least within myself. I have to say I've got much better with my spouse and others around me over the years in pointing out things and they have responded to me as I really intended. It just takes time, practice, prayer, meditation and being thankful that our God is always there to guide us, so let him do it.

APAK

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Matthew, and how are you? welcome, enjoying the video, thank you for sharing.

Love, Walter

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankful. May the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.