my prince

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 19, 2017
USA, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My testimony is strange. I was born premature, my parents and their church prayed for me, I lived, I was very small as a baby. I grew up cute, gained weight, too much weight, I like chocolate too much, I'm not that fat, just chubby. My parents are from the south, we live in Florida. When my sister and I were lttle we were in a Fundamentalist protestant Christian private school. They started with preschool at 3 years old. It was a very strict school. My sister is older than me. At school and at home, I felt lke I had to be good if I did anything wrong I would not be forgiven.The rules and teachers were strict. In third grade my parents took me out of the private school and put me in public school for third grade. The prices for the private school had become too high.

I was akward in public school, I did not understand things, I needed help with my schoolwork, I was sent to the school psychiatrist. In 4th and 5th grade I went into special classes for children with learning disabilities. The teachers at the private school has helped me become an excellent reader, but I was, still am, terrible at math. I tend to forget what I learn at math. If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

In my neighborhood I had a problem with this girl who bullies me awfully. She got her brother and other kids to bully me too. I was very shy and had trouble speaking, making conversation. Middle school was awful, the other girls in my gym class bullies me, it was terrible when I started puberty and menstruation. My parents went to a big baptist church, they had a youth program I was in. Then we moved further south, dad was frustraited with his job.

I was reading fairy tales, got interested in witches, I heard there were good witches, like fairy godmothers, good sorceress, smart princesses who were active in their stories instead of being inactive motionless victims. It seemed to be the women with the magic did the action in the fairy tales and folk stories. I read all the Bible stories in Sunday school, and when I was older I read the hidden dirty stories in the Bible. I learned about Joan of Arc, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Florence Nightingale, Abigail Adams, King Arthur Guinevere, Robin Hood,

I learned about the medieval panic, fear, superstition paranoia of witches, actually most of the inquisition and witch hunts started in the Renaissance, but whatever, I read in the Bible witches should not be allowed to live, so that means Samantha and Sabrina the teenage witch should be burned, of course we New Testament Christians should not murder someone because of their religion or rituals, if the European monarchs and popes were real Christians and followed the Bible, a lot of evil doing in the middle ages would not have happened. people would not have been brutally killed and tortured, or used as slaves to work the land, they did not know what it meant to be a Christian in the middle ages.

I started reading fantasy novels, I read other books. I was struggling to understand the world, and understand my own beliefs in God. I wondered who God really was, and what did other people believe about God. I was intrested in unicorns and fairies I loved unicorns, pegasus, and aerocorns, which is a unicorn with wings. I also liked fairies with their pretty butterfly wings. and I read Greek and Norse mythology.

I had trouble doing my homework. I had trouble with psychiatrists/psychologists, and bullies, brats. After we moved, we had trouble finding a good church. The first church we chose, had a sermon on hell the first Sunday. We discovered they were connected to that horrible Christian private school, which was somewhat abusive. The other teens in Sunday school were snickering and laughing at me and my sister while we were there

We went to different churches, Baptist and Methodist. I was getting more and more depressed. I had special classes in school, and the other students behaved terribly. I had mixed classes. Normal literature class, history, gym, special math and science. I have trouble concentrating. .

In high school I read dragonlance books, other books about dragons, started liking dragons. There were good dragons who fought the evil dragons to protect humans. I also like fantasy movies, mostly kid movies, like Disney, nothing with a whole lot of violence and witchcraft. Just minor magic and limited action. I write my own stories, with romance, spiritual warfare, adventure, etc. I read stuff about mythology. I read about Buddhism, new age beliefs, I also read the Bible, both negative and positive information about the Bible. My heart was being broken. I wondered if God was cruel and bloodthirsty, with harsh old testament laws that were impossible to follow, then he tortured his own Son to death, and blamed it on us. That was the lie the devil used to separate me from my Creator. But the Lord drew me back. He scared me with terrifying nightmares about hell, about how evil witches and warlocks that served Satan really were, and also how lost and pathetic they are, that they need help, The Lord showed me His love, It was His great and mighty love that brought me back.

God showed me His great and mighty love, that he loves us when he creates us, He loved me in my childhood's faith, and healed the wounds this world hurled at me, I know that social, cultural civilization of this world, earth, is ruled by the devil, the natural world still has some of God in it, civilization still has some of God, But pop culture, Hollywood, society that is judgmental and cruel, is of the devil.

I tried to compromise thinking I could have good dragons that are Christian in my stories, but I never really liked reptiles, I'm scared of alligators and snakes, I prefer unicorns. I like horses, and butterflies, and dogs and cats. I came up with dog and cat angels, the animals with wings. I like little fairies, not gay guys which is a sin but magic little creatures, mostly female-looking with pointed ears and butterfly or dragonfly wings. I.associate them with flowers and nature. There are so many natural animals where people got the imaginary, mythical creatures from.

God is love. I read good Bible verses and am amazed at the greatness of God's word. I like I Corinhtians 13, the whole chapter of it. it's the love section in the Bible.

Jan 19, 2017
USA, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, by the way, I called this post, 'My Prince' because of the fairy tale thing, I like fairy tales, Jesus Christ is my Prince Charming, He is my Prince of Peace.
I guess I am a damsel in distress afterall. i did want to be a beautiful princess when I was a child, a princess who explored the forrest and visited the towns and villages to give the poor people food and clothes, to have celebrations with the villagers, to stop bad guys with the Holy Spirit, to paint pretty pictures for the castle, grow flowers and vegetables in the castle garden, explore the world...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
waterlilyoflife

Howdy, welcome to the forum. Sounds as though you have a bent toward fantasy and fairytales, which is fine. Glad to see you have gotten grounded into the reality of God and Jesus Christ.

Stranger