My recovery towards Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Himself

Jan 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to wrestle with the concept of God and the Bible in my head, well for at least 5 years. I had a weird panic attack, and later went down crazy trips of what I thought was enlightenment. It’s really a long story. But I came to the conclusion that God was real during that time, though I was a rebel angel. (The devil convinced me of this). Look, I had some strange theories on God, and that made me neglect the truth that Jesus is for all. Anyway, I had been despising and looking down on the notion of loving a God that you HAVE to believe in to get to heaven. It was like OCD. I won’t go quite into more detail, but I was indeed “wrestling with God”.. I believed my mind was not in my control too, I was a mess. Now, what I’m about to say I did is true, and so is the fact that I have been much better ever since. I was in such agony many times that I continued to ask for help because I had no choice. I “prayed” to Christ and decided to “accept” him. Infact I was already convinced I knew God was real, but I was continuously being tempted by Satan to reject Christ in my heart. So instead of running anymore, I finally decided to embrace the idea I hated but believed, once and for all. This ended my misery completely and still has, so what? The fact for me was that accepting Christ was accepting myself. I forgave myself for who I was and what I believe in.. I thank Christ.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I used to wrestle with the concept of God and the Bible in my head, well for at least 5 years. I had a weird panic attack, and later went down crazy trips of what I thought was enlightenment. It’s really a long story. But I came to the conclusion that God was real during that time, though I was a rebel angel. (The devil convinced me of this). Look, I had some strange theories on God, and that made me neglect the truth that Jesus is for all. Anyway, I had been despising and looking down on the notion of loving a God that you HAVE to believe in to get to heaven. It was like OCD. I won’t go quite into more detail, but I was indeed “wrestling with God”.. I believed my mind was not in my control too, I was a mess. Now, what I’m about to say I did is true, and so is the fact that I have been much better ever since. I was in such agony many times that I continued to ask for help because I had no choice. I “prayed” to Christ and decided to “accept” him. Infact I was already convinced I knew God was real, but I was continuously being tempted by Satan to reject Christ in my heart. So instead of running anymore, I finally decided to embrace the idea I hated but believed, once and for all. This ended my misery completely and still has, so what? The fact for me was that accepting Christ was accepting myself. I forgave myself for who I was and what I believe in.. I thank Christ.
He will take you from where you are to where he wants you to be if you remain teachable and truthful in your search.....only keep your eyes open Alice!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You now know He is your Good Shepherd & Friend to help you get to know Him to find the truth in the scripture & to help you to follow Him also.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.....

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You now know He is your Good Shepherd & Friend to help you get to know Him to find the truth in the scripture & to help you to follow Him also.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.....

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
Great, wholesome verses there....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hallelujah!