My Sheep.......My Voice !?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
hear listen and obey.....Luke 10:16 - twinc

Reactions: FHII

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Lets talk about John 8:13-18

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I'm listening, what do you want to talk about.

it appears as usual you cannot hear - try again - first decipher correctly who you are supposed to listen to - it seems your trouble so far has been you have been listening to yourself or other false voices - twinc

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a testimony to the power of God's ministry. His true ministers that preach wholesomely. Not all preachers do, of course. But if you find one that does, what he says is as if Jesus was speaking himself.

Reactions: Helen

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it appears as usual you cannot hear - try again - first decipher correctly who you are supposed to listen to - it seems your trouble so far has been you have been listening to yourself or other false voices - twinc
:)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The name of this thread makes me more confused than even before.....It says this line in the Bible, quoted as spoken by Jesus Himself :" My sheep hears My voice." but anyone who shares anything they have actually HEARD instead of just read, gets pounced upon, called liars and worse..... Is the Bible wrong on this point, or was Jesus telling us the truth?

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name of this thread makes me more confused than even before.....It says this line in the Bible, quoted as spoken by Jesus Himself :" My sheep hears My voice." but anyone who shares anything they have actually HEARD instead of just read, gets pounced upon, called liars and worse..... Is the Bible wrong on this point, or was Jesus telling us the truth?

The only question to ask of oneself, is, "Am I one of His sheep"? If I am really hearing his voice, then I am:

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" John 10:27

But, on the other hand, who does he speak of here who never heard his voice at all? The Jewish leadership?

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." John 5:37

Who is there today while claiming to know God [like the Jewish leadership] never hears His voice?

Don't be too concerned over out friend, Twinc. He is a strange one with a different faith... although purportedly Catholic. He will likely speak up for himself here before long.

Reactions: pia

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only question to ask of oneself, is, "Am I one of His sheep"? If I am really hearing his voice, then I am:

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" John 10:27

But, on the other hand, who does he speak of here who never heard his voice at all? The Jewish leadership?

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." John 5:37

Who is there today while claiming to know God [like the Jewish leadership] never hears His voice?

Don't be too concerned over out friend, Twinc. He is a strange one with a different faith... although purportedly Catholic. He will likely speak up for himself here before long.
Actually, I will speak for him. I don't know why he was so harsh with breathofdesire... Maybe something from another thread. But I have no problem with what he said here.

rrfenn

Sep 13, 2017
Aliso Viejo, CA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.

What do we obey?

Stranger
Stranger, I apologize. This thread (Luke 10:16) about not listening to the disciples (in the context of sending out the seventy) was kind of hanging not going anywhere. I wanted to add that in the larger context in the next chapter Luke 11:28 Jesus urges us to obey and not just hear. We can start with the sermon on the mount as it ends with, "And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand" (Matthew 7:26).

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A lot that I have personally met over the years. many say they KNOW Him from what they have understood the Bible to tell them....I have read countless report about the Queen of England, but I surely cannot say in any way, shape or form that I KNOW her. Yet that is what I find a lot of Christians doing, sadly !

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, I will speak for him. I don't know why he was so harsh with breathofdesire... Maybe something from another thread. But I have no problem with what he said here.

not only must we ensure that it is His voice we are hearing but also whether we are His sheep - so if we are His sheep who exactly is feeding us[Jn 21:16] - outside of this let us remember that it says no one has directly heard the voice of God[Jn 5:37 & 6:46] - so guess whose voice beside that of human devils all human devils are tuned to and are listening to - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
twinc is generally OK. I first met on another forum several years ago and have been on several other forums with him. To help others out I will say a couple of things that might help. He is a Catholic, but doesn't agree with some of the changes within that church mostly stemming from Vatican II. He knows what he believes but sometimes he is so mysterious he can be hard to or even impossible to understand. He is several years older than me so probably he is not going to change much. We need to try to have patience with him when we cannot understand his meaning.

@twinc May God richly bless you old friend as you walk to help people in Him.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot that I have personally met over the years. many say they KNOW Him from what they have understood the Bible to tell them....I have read countless report about the Queen of England, but I surely cannot say in any way, shape or form that I KNOW her. Yet that is what I find a lot of Christians doing, sadly !
Try to not let it get down too much. Jesus wept. [John 11:35], I believe because of what he saw all around in people who for the most part were supposed to be God's people [children of Israel (Jacob)]. We see something is wrong, we may be given an opportunity to help but sometimes we cannot. Jesus wanted to help people, but so many of them rejected him. Many people today who say they do not reject Jesus, really do when we look at what they are doing or not doing in spite of what they may be saying. Of course, that is what I see. I would not be surprised if some people here had something to say against it.

Give God the glory in any case!

Reactions: pia

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The scripture...preached before the gospel unto Abraham.

Galatians 3:8 KJV
[8] And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying , In thee shall all nations be blessed.

John 1:1-4 KJV
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

My sheep...My voice.
God's voice.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
The scripture...preached before the gospel unto Abraham.

Galatians 3:8 KJV
[8] And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying , In thee shall all nations be blessed.

John 1:1-4 KJV
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

My sheep...My voice.
God's voice.

not God's voice according to scriptures at Jn 5:37, 6:46 or H/S at14:17 - twinc