My Spouse Does Not Like To Hear This.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What can I say, it's how I feel! Who else feels this way? Or ever Dreams of what the New Earth and Jerusalem will be like. Or am I crazy :)

I dream about being out of my earthly body (dead), as much as Paul probably did. Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not in mourning ;). I'm happily excited about this present Earth and the New one to come. To be physically dead is to be in Heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ, our Father, all the Saints who are already there and even Gabriel and the Angels! OHHH, How I fantasize about this all the time. Paul said, Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

But then again, as a human, as a Christian, I want to experience how great, how wide, how deep the love of Christ is/goes. Even more, I want to be one of the vessels that our Father uses to Glorify his son Jesus!

In Death however, I'd rather be a Martyr though when I do die! My greatest fear is in my older age being sent to "Willow Creek", a retirement home/ assisted living center, where there is a huge possibility some medical personnel will just let me lay in my "poop!" I see this all the time in my profession. It tears me up inside.

I'm so Jealous Of my Dad who passed away over a year ago. (I will say my mother doesn't like to hear me say this) He is at the Right hand of God, with Jesus!

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
am I crazy :)

I dream about being out of my earthly body (dead). To be physically dead is to be in Heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ.
I'm so Jealous Of my Dad who passed away over a year ago.

Crazy NO, still grieving and coming to terms with your loss Yes.

Please talk with your minister, or your doctor, it is not normal to want to die.
We have been given life and have a role in serving God here.

Reactions: Giuliano

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What can I say, it's how I feel! Who else feels this way? Or am I crazy :)

I dream about being out of my earthly body (dead). To be physically dead is to be in Heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ, our Father, all the Saints who are already there and even Gabriel and the Angels! OHHH, How I fantasize about this all the time. Paul said, Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

But then again, as a human, as a Christian, I want to experience how great, how wide, how deep the love of Christ is/goes. Even more, I want to be one of the vessels that our Father uses to Glorify his son Jesus!

In Death however, I'd rather be a Martyr though when I do die! My greatest fear is in my older age being sent to "Willow Creek", a retirement home/ assisted living center, where there is a huge possibility some medical personnel will just let me lay in my "poop!" I see this all the time in my profession. It tears me up inside.

I'm so Jealous Of my Dad who passed away over a year ago. (I will say my mother doesn't like to hear me say this) He is at the Right hand of God, with Jesus!
I’m not surprised that your wife doesn’t like hearing you say these things. I wouldn’t be blessed if it was my husband saying them. It infers that you are dissatisfied with life (and her). At present your place is here at your wife’s side, being a comfort to her and caring for her and loving her.

The time will inevitably come when one of you will be left alone and you need to trust God in that as you should in all things. But before that happens take joy in your life and live it to the full with your wife at your side while you still can.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What can I say, it's how I feel! Who else feels this way? Or am I crazy :)

I dream about being out of my earthly body (dead). To be physically dead is to be in Heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ, our Father, all the Saints who are already there and even Gabriel and the Angels! OHHH, How I fantasize about this all the time. Paul said, Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

You have an opportunity to serve Him right now that you won’t have in eternity.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m not surprised that your wife doesn’t like hearing you say these things. I wouldn’t be blessed if it was my husband saying them. It infers that you are dissatisfied with life (and her). At present your place is here at your wife’s side, being a comfort to her and caring for her and loving her.

The time will inevitably come when one of you will be left alone and you need to trust God in that as you should in all things. But before that happens take joy in your life and live it to the full with your wife at your side while you still can.

Wise words Pat. :)

I have no idea how old jshiii is...my old dad used to get tired of his body and wish for his new heavenly one.
A few weeks ago when my health battle was really bad I admit I was thinking 'Enough, I don't want to live another decade like this!'

I agree with your post...We should not wish ourself out of here....
There is a verse that David wrote saying Ps 90
12 "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." And " My times are in Your hands"....

I doubt any of us wish to end up in bed without a brain and going full circle back to a helpless baby again. :(
But it happens even to Christians far too much.

@jshiii

I like your posts and the honest open way that you write.
It is VERY refreshing to have you here...never give up or worry about it when your posts aren't met with the same honesty or openness.

Keep on 'being you' ... :)

Bless you ...Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just remember that you have a responsibility of making sure your wife will have at least $500,000 coming to her when you get to realize this wish.

Hahaha!!
Willie , can any of us be THAT blessed....I must tell Dave...he'll just tell me " You wish..."

....LaughingSmiley.gif

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crazy NO, still grieving and coming to terms with your loss Yes.

Please talk with your minister, or your doctor, it is not normal to want to die.
We have been given life and have a role in serving God here.

Trust me, I will let God decide when he takes me. I'm not in mourning. I'm pretty much happier now in my life than I ever have been before. I just can't help letting my mind drift to the new earth and Jerusalem. I do see whats right here and now also. It's all beautiful!!!!!!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just remember that you have a responsibility of making sure your wife will have at least $500,000 coming to her when you get to realize this wish.

Yea it's a shame that I'm worth more dead than live lol..that $500,000 is not to far off the mark. HaHa

Reactions: Pearl

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha!!
Willie , can any of us be THAT blessed....I must tell Dave...he'll just tell me " You wish..."

....View attachment 7285
It may surprise you how quickly you can accumulate a million dollars. There are many online calculators to determine the annual amount you would have to set aside each year to reach a million dollars. It isn't that hard to reach your goal of being a millionaire.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It may surprise you how quickly you can accumulate a million dollars. There are many online calculators to determine the annual amount you would have to set aside each year to reach a million dollars. It isn't that hard to reach your goal of being a millionaire.

Sounds good, but we didn't start in our 20's.
As soon as we 'get it together' there is always some expense which takes it away again.

Plus for many years I saved hard...yet when I see a family member in need - like last year , one of my grandchildren married , and I was so happy to be able to give her money toward a downpayment for a house (that she had been saving for since she was 17....9 years) One of my other grandkids married too...but she is not a good at saving at all , so I didn't feel to give her anything other than a generous wedding gift.

So for us, money comes, but it just as easily goes too!!!

Reactions: amadeus

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good, but we didn't start in our 20's.
As soon as we 'get it together' there is always some expense which takes it away again.

Plus for many years I saved hard...yet when I see a family member in need - like last year , one of my grandchildren married , and I was so happy to be able to give her money toward a downpayment for a house (that she had been saving for since she was 17....9 years) One of my other grandkids married too...but she is not a good at saving at all , so I didn't feel to give her anything other than a generous wedding gift.

So for us, money comes, but it just as easily goes too!!!
There is a gigantic difference between saving and investing.

Reactions: Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you want to or need to if you are trusting God?
Because God, basically, told us to. He didn't say to trust that our children would have an inheritance; He said to give it to them from what we have accumulated throughout our lives. Nor did He say to trust that He would feed the poor. He told us to do it. You cannot financially bless others if you have nothing to bless them with.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because God, basically, told us to. He didn't say to trust that our children would have an inheritance; He said to give it to them from what we have accumulated throughout our lives. Nor did He say to trust that He would feed the poor. He told us to do it. You cannot financially bless others if you have nothing to bless them with.
Would you mind quoting the scriptures to support your comments please.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would you mind quoting the scriptures to support your comments please.

Hey Pat...

I know many cultures ( esp in the Chinese culture) think that kids should look after their old parents ...but not so...

2 Cor 12 :14 ...".... for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.”

My mother in law thought it was our 'duty' to look after her!!