My stomach hurts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Debating in circles week after week makes my stomach hurt, sometimes taking a break helps.

Sadly yes.

But often it does not require "taking a break"...all it requires is NOT clicking into the Threads where you see names of the members who you know heavily debate and argue...they thrive on it!!

Just stay out of the Debate boards. Easy.

There are actually some threads which are "nice" to post in. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do not understand the connection between your OP and the link? o_O
What am I missing??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Debating in circles week after week makes my stomach hurt, sometimes taking a break helps.

Maybe it is because you have been shown to be wrong. And your stomach can't take it. Just a thought.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no lol it's just the wickedness and deception of non-osas. the religion is hard to stomach.

In other words, you are always right and your stomach can't take it. Maalox...lemon flavored.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha yeah everybody seems like they can save themselves nowadays. no point in Christ dying i guess.

Those who dis-agree with once saved/always saved, are just as saved as you and I. They believe in Christ for salvation. They can have a spiritual walk with Jesus Christ just like you and I. They just believe you can lose your salvation. So, do not say there is no point in Christ dying, as they do not say that.

Stranger

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Those who dis-agree with once saved/always saved, are just as saved as you and I. They believe in Christ for salvation. They can have a spiritual walk with Jesus Christ just like you and I. They just believe you can lose your salvation. So, do not say there is no point in Christ dying, as they do not say that.

Well, they believe in the idea of Christ. I'll give um that

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You’ve probably probably heard this a million times but I’ll say it anyway, knowing God is not the same as knowing doctrine.
Knowing God is where the offence lies to those whose sole interest is doctrine.

YES ...I'll Amen that!!!!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
You’ve probably probably heard this a million times but I’ll say it anyway, knowing God is not the same as knowing doctrine.

That's right. Jesus dying for past, present and future sins is not doctrine, it's a fact based on belief.

Reactions: Taken and Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Doctrine is a inherited Tradition from the past, which was developed by men's Theology, What they thought scripture said, to them, not what God and Savior Said. And Yes the Offence to God and Savior, is that many hold to Doctrine's that have nothing to do with the Faith. There is but one God, One Savior, and One True Faith- SOOO let us go out and Play with Rattle Snake's LOL!!! I know that was a Strange Doctrine, BUT, that's kinda what it can turn out to be. We as believer's need to research every thing we hear, come on people! This is the Information Age. Every form of Language, and every form of Translation, is Available at the touch of a Mouse.
That's what make's MY stomach Hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly yes.

But often it does not require "taking a break"...all it requires is NOT clicking into the Threads where you see names of the members who you know heavily debate and argue...they thrive on it!!

Just stay out of the Debate boards. Easy.

There are actually some threads which are "nice" to post in. :)

Yes there are Some Thread's that are soft, and warm, and comforting, but where are the Threads that Edify, and teach, and bring Strength to those that have a need to Grow, and want to express what they have learned, and seek other's that may see it a little differently, and come to a reasonable understanding, without the Debate. I am hungry, I am Thirsty and I want to find the Truth. I have some solid belief's BUT I do not have it all. I could not find it in the Assembly's of any Church! there were to many, people who were like concrete, their mind's were all mixed up and Set! God help us, we can do nothing without You.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes there are Some Thread's that are soft, and warm, and comforting, but where are the Threads that Edify, and teach, and bring Strength to those that have a need to Grow, and want to express what they have learned, and seek other's that may see it a little differently, and come to a reasonable understanding, without the Debate. I am hungry, I am Thirsty and I want to find the Truth.
I have some solid belief's BUT I do not have it all. I could not find it in the Assembly's of any Church! there were to many, people who were like concrete, their mind's were all mixed up and Set! God help us, we can do nothing without You.

Excellent post and I am sure many of us agree.
I am no good at starting new Threads. I have tried, and they fall flat, roll on the floor and fizzle out :D

You say "where are the threads..."
I say " where are the anointed posters who can start them?" :)

Reactions: amadeus and Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
CLOSE...but NOT QUITE.

None are disagreeing salvation "can be" lost.

"Some" Catholics are "teaching" Salvation "MUST BE RECEIVED"...."BEFORE" Salvation can BECOME LOST to a person.

"Some" Catholics are "teaching" Salvation CAN BE LOST......"AFTER"....CONVERSION.

THAT IS the Disagreement.

Why do you have to turn this peaceful , honest, heartfelt thread into something yet again connected to or about Catholics.
For heaven sake...give us a break from it...there are plenty of other threads to debate that on if it is your favourite subject. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not about THRIVING in debate and aruging. No problem with disagreeing. The point of disagreeing is to first identify the specifics and understanding what and why something is specifically being the disagreement.

Each side of a debate begins with the individuals STANDING. Some Stand with Carnal understanding and others with Spiritual understanding.....and with that the premise; it will always end in disagreement, and perhaps others standing by will comprehend WHICH STANDING they would like to consider for themselves.

God Bless,
Taken

Your post #19 had NOTHING to do with the OP.
It was totally "off topic".
And just another hijacking of a thread.
And you continue to do the same now.