My Testimony..Why I am here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

godiswithusall

Oct 3, 2007
Greetings to you all,Grace and peace to you all from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!I have been searching the Scriptures and prayerfully asking fod God's provision and guidance in providing me with a place of fellowship wherewith I can discuss God's Word and His message with other believers. I will herein give a short account of who I am as well as why I am here.I pray that thou wouldst be quick to listen and slow to speak, not judging me from whatever I happen to write here.My name is Darin Luckie and I am presently seven and ten years of age (17), I live in Pincourt, Qc, Canada and have grown up in a tough family situation. I live in a family that is not mine own, yet received me as their own. My parents were both (from the knowledge that I have thus been granted with) alcoholics and I was abused and neglected as a child because of it, but praise be to God! While I knew Him not, He knew me and cared for me! I was placed in a foster home at the age of three years of age and currently reside with the same family. I have been so thankful because I have heard of many, many children who get into "the system" and can, and often are placed in situation wherein they are in worse scenarios than they began with, and there is nothing they can do to control it!I have since grown up with the knowledge that I have two fathers and two mothers, yet I did not question it, until recently. When I was one and ten years old, my birth father passed away and my mother soon left to find another lover. She left me in foster care, though I never planned to be living with them, I deeply love my mother as we grew close to one another through many visits and discussions over the years.Soon after, I became deeply confused and questioned life and why I was here, wondering if all that is here was the truth....as Solomon put it so precisely, "Vanity of vanities" "All is vanity" (Ecclesiastes 1:2, KJV)I never knew anything about God or His Word or even about the Lord Jesus Christ until one day my brother introduced me to a friend whom introduced me to the Bible.My first reaction was that of a typical wordly child who grew up with no knowledge of God or His Word..."The Bible? You expect me to read the Bible? How can prayer help me? How can I talk to someone I have never even met and someone who will not answer me or talk back?"How deeply wrong I was indeed! Again, thanks and praise be to God who from that moment on began a work in me that is still in progress today.I then attended a Christian camp in order to try and make some friends, as I am relatively anti-social and keep to myself...However, God had better plans for me.I learnt of the Lord Jesus Christ, of who He was and what He did and how He is so alive and loves me so much; I leanrt about God and Creation and how it made sense....unlike Evolution withwhich I disagreed with but had no alternative at the time when I learnt of it's theory.Ever since I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into my heart and asked Him to be my Lord and my Savior, God has sent His Holy Spirit to work within me and helped me to see His Word in a new way.I could write volumes just explaining the transformation that I have gone through, how I can read God's Word with unveiled eyes, how with His guidance, all things are possible (Matt 19:26).I am young, yes, however 2 Tim 4:12 has been my guide, "Let no one despise thy youth" as well as Ps 18:1-3 "1I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. 2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 3I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies."I know that I have much to learn and I have spent eight weeks during this past summer serving God by means of ministering to young teens and even children and have been told that I have been gifted with the gift of speaking, preaching God's love in a simple, yet powerful message.Whenever getting up to speak, I do not prepare anything (for my testimonies, at least) and just let God speak through me, which He does.I have come to this forum because I desire a greater understanding of scripture and have read a few posts to see that there are some very experienced men and woman here who can help me with just that.If you have not already guessed, my translation of choice is the KJV...after much prayer and research, i have deemed it appropriate to my needs but am not limiting myself to one translation...it is just that I have been fed the KJV since conversation and love the beauty and language; however, i acknowledge that it has it's flaws as well as it's strong points.With love and prayers,I ask for your guidance and welcome,In HimDarin Luckie"Call unto me and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not" Je. 33:3

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Welcome to CB Darin.we are pleased and humbled you have chosen to learn from us.Your age matters not as we have many young knowledgeable people here. God is only concerned with your heart not your age. As are we please don't be shy we love questions. feel free to jump in anywhere If I can be of any assistance please let me know God bless to youYour community guide kriss

adonaicole

Aug 28, 2007
Welcome Godiswithusall,May God bless you. I pray that you will find wisdom and encouragement on this site.

jeffinj

Nov 1, 2006
Hello Darin, thanks for joining our community. I am happy you have made the decision to accept Christ as your Saviour. It won't be easy now. You will still face a lot of temptations and trials, and that is why we should read the Bible and seek God's guidance. Seek first God's Kingdom and all these things shall be added to you.Have a great weekend.