~ My Testimony

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThyWordisTruth

Jan 11, 2011
USA
~ My Testimony ~

I was born on September 16th, 1993. As my life went on I grew (as everyone does) and I quickly found myself slipping into somewhat annoying habits filled with sorrow and grief. At this time my family was living in a backslidden state, and I, being just a child, followed quickly in their footsteps.

I had one main goal in life... To be a video game programmer/designer!

My life revolved around video games. It is what I ate, drank, and breathed. Without them my vital signs would soon diminish and all hope would be lost for ever living in 'true' peace and/or happiness!

Heh... So I thought.

A few years later my family seemed to be coming closer to rededicating their lives to God, but no signs of true repentance were ever visible. One day ( May 17th, 2005 to be exact) my dad asked me to go fishing. I was sort of excited, but at the same time could not leave my precious video games for but a few short hours. At this point I finally realized something... "I have pain." I said within myself. "I do not like this." I spoke aloud with all weariness and sorrow. (Keep in mind I knew about God. At times I read the Bible. I believed in the existence and deity of our Lord, but I had not yet put my trust in Him as Lord and Savior.) "Dad!" I exclaimed. "What must I do to be saved? What must I do to receive Jesus and have TRUE joy? I am tired of all this pain… I need help."

My dad knew of my condition spiritually (as well as his own.) “How would you like to accept Jesus, Cameron? Come, are you ready?” He asked.

"Sure." I said hesitantly. "Ok then." My dad replied. "Follow me."

So on we went to his bedroom. He told me to kneel down and, if i meant it with all my heart, to repeat the sinners prayer after him.

I agreed to do so, but through the whole prayer tempting thoughts began to arise. I was looking back into the past, remembering the temporal pleasures... And though my lips did repeat such truths, my heart did not comply.

"Ok." My dad said. "You're saved now. Do you feel any different?"

"Yeah... Kinda." I said expecting that the copying of such a holy prayer would grant me eternal life despite my faith. I had then settled it in my heart. "I am saved!" However, my unspoken motto was more along this line "Now I can do whatever I please, and best of all, no punishment!"

Boy... was I wrong.

The next question arose... “Ready to go fishing tomorrow?”

"Fishing? Sure..." I said quietly with tears rolling down my cheeks. Still I had no peace, for I knew, I wasn't saved.

The next say we were all ready to go when suddenly the skies turned a somewhat grayish color. On our way their, winds picked up at about 20 mph. After we arrived at the lake, the wind had died down a bit. We eventually got into the boat and 'set our sails' for some fishing fun...

About an hour later storms began to head our way. It began to get dark, rain began to fall, and the wind was so terrible that waves began to capsize. "We must head back Cameron." My dad said. "Ok." (Just before this I was tempted to remove my lifejacket. I actually was in the process of taking it off when my dad rebuked me with these few words... "You don't know how to swim. If you take that thing off you'll drown, or even worse... You'll die."

I quickly obeyed and snapped backed whatever few buckles had been undone.

During the storm, however, these words spun around in my head like a merry-go-round. The presumption then arose, We’re going to die.

We were sooo far from the shore it was unbelievable! My dad had to floor it just to make it half-way there, when suddenly we hit a capsized wave which nearly tore the entire bottom of our boat off. We began to sink, I began to laugh. Why did I laugh? Don't ask. It was as if my world had ended, it was all i could do.

There was nothing else left to do but to ''jump ship'', and so we did. My dad went first and I went next. However, as soon as I went, fear struck. "I don't know how to swim!" I exclaimed. I then literally jumped on top of my dad (He weighing just about 300 lbs @ the time) and I being 120 lbs, caused somewhat of a struggle on his behalf. Even though he knew how to swim, could you imagine the panic that I expressed? I climbed all over him, I dragged him underwater, I almost took his life. This went on for a good 45 mins until he finally, in the most loving way possible, kicked me off, sending me flying about 5 feet.

Then I realized... "I'm alive!" Until a wire caught my shorts and began to pull me underwater. I couldn't move at all! I cried out to God with all my heart and finally it came loose. I was never so happy to be alive. My dad and I began to sing children's sunday school songs such as "Yes, Jesus Loves Me" , "The B-I-B-L-E'', "This little light of mine", and many others while we prayed for mercy.

The worst part was that no one was there. I mean NO ONE. My main concern was for my dad however. About 15 mins later he decided to give up. He stopped swimming.

"Dad!" I cried! But I knew he would want me to go on.

The waves began to push me toward the shore, but him further away somehow. Then, suddenly, I saw a Ford or Dodge Pickup (whichever it was) driving down the road about a good 100 yards away. I threw my hands into the air and yelled "We're drowning! We're drowning!" He then replied "No you're not! You would have already drowned!" I thought to myself, "If he only knew about my dad!"

Before i knew it I heard a strange noise suddenly approaching my left hand side... I looked... A Jet-Ski! They are coming for my dad!

I had by this time nearly reached shore. However, when I reached shore, I found out my dad was ok. They had him to grab a loop on the Jet-Ski's frame so that they could drag him onto shore where I awaited him in the ambulance.

We were so tired! We were so sick! All we could do was glorify God!

By the time we arrived at the hospital we were diagnosed for possible pneumonia and whatnot.

When my mom received the call of our accident, she did what all moms do... She freaked out :D

When she arrived along with my grandparents we were all in a mode of depression, but at the same time we couldn't thank God enough!

Later on, after we were finally released from the hospital, we told the entire story to the rest of our family / church , and whosoever asked us!

But in my mind I knew. I had reached the shore, but even in the safety of my own home, my heart was still out there somewhere sinking, struggling just to stay afloat.

And as time went on, the memories faded, the praises ceased, and the love grew cold.

I finally asked my dad one day. "How did you make it? How come you didn't die?"

He answered, "Well, when I finally gave up, God took over." He said with all love. "I didn't care anymore whether I lived or died, I knew that everything was going to be alright." "But." He paused. "When I gave up, it was as if i began to float / hover on top of the water... It was as if an angel, or even God's own hand reached down and lifted/sustained me from drowning / dying that day."

I knew it was God. But it wasn't until a few wasted years later ( a April 29th 2009 to be exact ) that i found Christ at the altar of an independent pentecostal church where I know attend. :)

I love God soo much and I hope this has helped / blessed you in a mighty way. :)

May glory be given to the Father and Grace to His Children. In Jesus Name Amen!

burningfire

Mar 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Awesome testimony! That is a really amazing story. God will continue to use you for the rest of your life. You will touch many many people with this story. You can use it to further advance the Kingdom of God.

God Bless you!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Wow TBF! what an amazing testimony! :lol:

I am so glad that you and your Father are still alive and well!. God is so Good! You must have some call on your life dear one!

Bless you in Jesus!