My Testimony

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PATrobas

Jan 17, 2024
Fall River Mills, CA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Testimony​

Two men carrying Bibles knocked on my door. They told me that Jesus died on the cross paying for all my sins, that He was buried for three days and then rose from the dead, alive forevermore. They told me that if I believed that, God would save me and that I would be "born again”. (*) I had never heard the term "born again" before, so I asked them what it meant. They opened their Bibles and shared the account from John, chapter 3, of an extremely religious, Jewish priest’s encounter with Jesus, and how Jesus told him "ye must be born again". The two men then asked me if I had been "born again". I said "No. I'm a Catholic". They responded, "So what? God says in the Bible that you must be born again in order to go to heaven, not belong to a certain religious denomination." I'd never heard these things before and expressed my doubts. They continued, saying, "If what we are telling you is false, and you don't believe it, you have lost nothing. But if what we are telling you is true, and you don't believe it, you will lose everything and spend eternity in hell." They then asked me if I'd ever read the Bible. I responded that I never had, so they challenged me to read the four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John to see for myself if what they were telling me was true. They told me to pray before reading the Bible and ask God to show me the truth. I felt that what they were saying was worth my time so I told them I would, and then they left.

I took their challenge and in defiance, (not really expecting God to be so personal) I prayed, "God, if you are as big as they say you are, prove it. If you want me to know and do something other than what I’m doing and believing now, show me." Over the next several weeks, I continued reading the New Testament. I prayed that same prayer each reading session, “prove it, show me. Early one morning, I awoke not being able to go back to sleep. I got up deciding to read where I had last left off, which was the beginning of John chapter 3. As I finished reading John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” I dropped to my knees under heavy conviction of my sins and lost state and cried out; "God, I know I can't save myself and I must be born again. Please save me!" I arose from my knees a new creation. I had simply believed what God said in the Bible, and now I was free! That happened 48 years ago, and my life has been changed forever. I never saw those two men again, and they have no idea that God used them to change the course of history. I thank God for their service and obedience to share the Gospel. “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” John 3:17.
(*)
Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; :4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us…

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Testimony​

Two men carrying Bibles knocked on my door. They told me that Jesus died on the cross paying for all my sins, that He was buried for three days and then rose from the dead, alive forevermore. They told me that if I believed that, God would save me and that I would be "born again”. (*) I had never heard the term "born again" before, so I asked them what it meant. They opened their Bibles and shared the account from John, chapter 3, of an extremely religious, Jewish priest’s encounter with Jesus, and how Jesus told him "ye must be born again". The two men then asked me if I had been "born again". I said "No. I'm a Catholic". They responded, "So what? God says in the Bible that you must be born again in order to go to heaven, not belong to a certain religious denomination." I'd never heard these things before and expressed my doubts. They continued, saying, "If what we are telling you is false, and you don't believe it, you have lost nothing. But if what we are telling you is true, and you don't believe it, you will lose everything and spend eternity in hell." They then asked me if I'd ever read the Bible. I responded that I never had, so they challenged me to read the four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John to see for myself if what they were telling me was true. They told me to pray before reading the Bible and ask God to show me the truth. I felt that what they were saying was worth my time so I told them I would, and then they left.

I took their challenge and in defiance, (not really expecting God to be so personal) I prayed, "God, if you are as big as they say you are, prove it. If you want me to know and do something other than what I’m doing and believing now, show me." Over the next several weeks, I continued reading the New Testament. I prayed that same prayer each reading session, “prove it, show me. Early one morning, I awoke not being able to go back to sleep. I got up deciding to read where I had last left off, which was the beginning of John chapter 3. As I finished reading John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” I dropped to my knees under heavy conviction of my sins and lost state and cried out; "God, I know I can't save myself and I must be born again. Please save me!" I arose from my knees a new creation. I had simply believed what God said in the Bible, and now I was free! That happened 48 years ago, and my life has been changed forever. I never saw those two men again, and they have no idea that God used them to change the course of history. I thank God for their service and obedience to share the Gospel. “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” John 3:17.
(*)
Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; :4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us…
They could've been angels♥
Heb 13:2 " Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

Reactions: PATrobas

PATrobas

Jan 17, 2024
Fall River Mills, CA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were definitely "messengers" of God (as the Scriptures sometimes define "angels") but I later found out they were students of a missionary training program being held in my town at the time. Blessings, Pat.

Reactions: Cassandra

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Testimony​

(*)

What a mighty God we serve! Give God the glory!

Reactions: PATrobas