My Vision For Cb

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gumby

May 29, 2009
Hi there CB members im going to cut to the chase here latley there have been a few members on the board that dont like what im teaching. Well my appraoch to that is you either follow the bible or you dont, many here have cast false judments against me and have disputed gods word. My new vision for this place is that i would teach gods word with more passion with more love and with more feirce teaching straight from the word of god Colossians 3:16 is a good place to start but i think also when scripture is posted there is no need to dispute scripture or to avoid it altogher. I hold no grudges aganst anyone here but we dont need rumors or smuge comments on this board as it seperates the body of christ. In short we dont need to hate, Leviticus 19:17.

Im sorry if i have offended anyone but thats the way i feel, god bless :)

Reactions: gumby

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
Hi there CB members im going to cut to the chase here latley there have been a few members on the board that dont like what im teaching. Well my appraoch to that is you either follow the bible or you dont, many here have cast false judments against me and have disputed gods word. My new vision for this place is that i would teach gods word with more passion with more love and with more feirce teaching straight from the word of god Colossians 3:16 is a good place to start but i think also when scripture is posted there is no need to dispute scripture or to avoid it altogher. I hold no grudges aganst anyone here but we dont need rumors or smuge comments on this board as it seperates the body of christ. In short we dont need to hate, Leviticus 19:17.

Im sorry if i have offended anyone but thats the way i feel, god bless :

Gumby: In this modern day establishment we call "Church" the Word has been so watered down people wouldn't know the Truth if you hit them with it. We are definitely living the days spoken about in Amos 8:11. I pray the True Church is rising up and we will hear the Word taught as God intended it to be not as man would have it taught!

God Bless you Gumby! Bring the Word on. It refreshes my spirit. My soul is renewed again.

Moses

gumby

May 29, 2009
Gumby: In this modern day establishment we call "Church" the Word has been so watered down people wouldn't know the Truth if you hit them with it. We are definitely living the days spoken about in Amos 8:11. I pray the True Church is rising up and we will hear the Word taught as God intended it to be not as man would have it taught!

God Bless you Gumby! Bring the Word on. It refreshes my spirit. My soul is renewed again.

Moses

God bless you moses god bless you. The main point though is that we need to build an establishment thats focused on bringing the word and shepherding the flock in a posative way. Psalms 86:11, Psalms 90:12, Psalms 119:64, Psalms 143:10, Matthew 28:19 and John 14:26.

God bless you and thanks for the support and spread the word of god :)

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
In this modern day establishment we call "Church" --------------- Now that is an incorrect statement and is not the Body of Christ. The church is the body of Christ and it is not universal. That is only catholic teaching is in gross error.

The local church is established from Christ through the apostles. And this local church carries out Christ's ordinances. Just as Paul iterated, if any other gospel be brought to you other than that which we've preached, let him be accursed. Be careful of getting carried away with false doctrines.

wayofthespirit

More often partly wrong than wholly right
Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
The church is the body of Christ and it is not universal. The local church is established from Christ through the apostles. And this local church carries out Christ's ordinances. Just as Paul iterated, if any other gospel be brought to you other than that which we've preached, let him be accursed. Be careful of getting carried away with false doctrines.

Moreabout the emboldened bit please......It's the opposite of what I've always understood to be the case.
I accept that it is only 'many' (as opposed to 'all) who are called.
And that of those that are called only few are chosen.
But are not those few out of every kindred, tribe, and nation i.e. 'universal' ?

Mike.

gervais

Aug 3, 2009

Im sorry if i have offended anyone but thats the way i feel, god bless :)

“My Vision For Cb”

Gumby,
It sounds like you need to have your own forum to share “Your” vision with the world. Then you could be a prophet of the lord there and teach "gods" word any way You wanted.

gumby

May 29, 2009
“My Vision For Cb”

Gumby,
It sounds like you need to have your own forum to share “Your” vision with the world. Then you could be a prophet of the lord there and teach "gods" word any way You wanted.

Why cant i teach here? im called to help open peoples eyes on this site and so far jesus has reached one person and he can reach many many more. You cant stop the holy spirit at work no matter how much you or anyone else trys. Call me a cult leader call me a nut but im here to feed hungry people gods truth and i intend on doing that, Amos 8:11.

gervais

Aug 3, 2009
Why cant i teach here? im called to help open peoples eyes on this site and so far jesus has reached one person and he can reach many many more. You cant stop the holy spirit at work no matter how much you or anyone else trys. Call me a cult leader call me a nut but im here to feed hungry people gods truth and i intend on doing that, Amos 8:11.

You can do anything you want, you live in a free country. You said you had a vision for cb and maybe Your vision would be easier to fulfil on Your site. Course you could have a Blog here also.

And I didn't call you ANY names, you can't say the same thing.

Reactions: jerryjohnson

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well seems to me gervaris you have been quite open, even posting in the shout box about the all milk being taught on this board.
Seems anyone wanting to teach/post a little meat would be welcome.
Sense you two do share many believes... seems the judgement
might best be put on hold to see what offered... This Seems to be about conflicting personalities more than substance of posts.

I think anyone offering biblical based study is welcome to do so and they have my vote

gumby

May 29, 2009
You can do anything you want, you live in a free country. You said you had a vision for cb and maybe Your vision would be easier to fulfil on Your site. Course you could have a Blog here also.

And I didn't call you ANY names, you can't say the same thing.

What names did i call you in my post? yuo didnt call me any names but i seem to remember you posting in a thread saying that i should be disqualified for a community host since i accidently posted something in the wrong spot so yet again no names but you most certainly had a hatefull comment all because of one basic mistake on my part

Back to the main subject though im here to feed hungry people and i make it my full intention to let the holy spirit lead my teaching of the word. Psalms 107:9, Psalms 146:7, Luke 1 :53 and Philippians 4:12.

You do as you wish but im here to recruit gods warriors for battle against antichrist and teaching and preaching.

gervais

Aug 3, 2009
What names did i call you in my post? yuo didnt call me any names but i seem to remember you posting in a thread saying that i should be disqualified for a community host since i accidently posted something in the wrong spot so yet again no names but you most certainly had a hatefull comment all because of one basic mistake on my part

Back to the main subject though im here to feed hungry people and i make it my full intention to let the holy spirit lead my teaching of the word. Psalms 107:9, Psalms 146:7, Luke 1 :53 and Philippians 4:12.

You do as you wish but im here to recruit gods warriors for battle against antichrist and teaching and preaching.

gumby,
You might have forgotten it since hammers removed it from the "New Moderator" topic. It was the post where you called me a snake. I have the posts saved on my computer if you would like to see your exact words. And my opinion has not changed. I also still have your PM to me. We will not talk about this again unless you choose to.

By the way, you said you have been preaching for two years, I started studying Scripture, including the Biblical languages, when your father was in grade school.

gumby

May 29, 2009
gumby,
You might have forgotten it since hammers removed it from the "New Moderator" topic. It was the post where you called me a snake. I have the posts saved on my computer if you would like to see your exact words. And my opinion has not changed. I also still have your PM to me. We will not talk about this again unless you choose to.

By the way, you said you have been preaching for two years, I started studying Scripture, including the Biblical languages, when your father was in grade school.

I have no deniel of that whatsoever i did at one time call you a snake and a viper but none the less you passed the judment on me first and i reacted with righteouss indignation aginst your vile comment. 2nd Corinthians 4:2, 1st Corinthians 4:5, Matthew 7:1, Romans 2:1, Luke 6:37, Luke 6:41, Romans 14:13.

And jesus himself calls the scribes and the pharisees vipers himself. Matthew 3:7, Matthew 12:34, Matthew 23:33 and Luke 3:7.

All i ask is a basic apology and im willing to forgive you and in return from you i expect you to acknowlege the fact that i made a basic posting error.

gervais

Aug 3, 2009
I have no deniel of that whatsoever i did at one time call you a snake and a viper but none the less you passed the judment on me first and i reacted with righteouss indignation aginst your vile comment. 2nd Corinthians 4:2, 1st Corinthians 4:5, Matthew 7:1, Romans 2:1, Luke 6:37, Luke 6:41, Romans 14:13.

And jesus himself calls the scribes and the pharisees vipers himself. Matthew 3:7, Matthew 12:34, Matthew 23:33 and Luke 3:7.

All i ask is a basic apology and im willing to forgive you and in return from you i expect you to acknowlege the fact that i made a basic posting error.

I have nothing to apologies for and stand by my original comment.

gumby

May 29, 2009
I have nothing to apologies for and stand by my original comment.

In that case all i can say is if you dont forgive me than god will not forigive you brother. Luke 6:37, Matthew 6:14, Mark 11:25, Ephesians 4:32 and Colossians 3:13.

And thats not judment thats biblical fact.......as far as im concerned i have forigiven you and i hope that you can forgive me for my posting error. If not than dare i say dont proclaim to be a christian until you can forgive in a mature way.

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
In this modern day establishment we call "Church" --------------- Now that is an incorrect statement and is not the Body of Christ. The church is the body of Christ and it is not universal. That is only catholic teaching is in gross error.

The local church is established from Christ through the apostles. And this local church carries out Christ's ordinances. Just as Paul iterated, if any other gospel be brought to you other than that which we've preached, let him be accursed. Be careful of getting carried away with false doctrines.

How did you come up with that after what I said? :unsure:

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's time I made a post about this website, so I'll do it here since it's the topic at hand.

For those of you who have insisted or suggested that this community has had some problems, I fully admit and acknowledge that as a fact. A good portion of those problems extend forth from how poorly I've run the place in the last couple years. I've not been a good steward of the resources that God provided me with. The single largest issue was a combination of me not spending enough time due to personal issues and then me not working to appoint a proper staff to handle things when I was gone. Instead, I let a few bad circumstances slow and outright stop my plans to find new team members which left the burden basically on two people and ultimately on one as she performed just about all of the public work. I did not give her help nor clear direction, and that only served to frustrate her. In the end, as God always does, he pulled the victory with her gaining the experience to move on and start her own forum. So even through my own failings, to God be the glory.

Fast forward to the here and the now. What folks say gets reported back to me in one form or another by the folks they talk to. Furthermore, I do have an English degree so I can read between the lines. I learned a while back that just about everyone has an opinion or problem with how I run things, but very few step up and have an answer for how to fix that problem. Unfortunately, I though that stepping back and letting the community handle things would work, but it only paralyzed me in the decisions I made. I got too busy trying to keep so-and-so happy or trying to preserve this tenuous peace.

Christianity Board is a Christian Forum. If you don't know what those words mean, look them up. Obviously, Christ -ian means Christ man just like Amer -ican means someone from America or Ind -ian means someone from India. If those folks from locations are of that location, then this is a place for people who are of Christ. The problem with this simple part is that some think that being Christian means that everyone should agree with their opinion. No denomination, sect, belief, or doctrine has a monopoly on this mindset! I've seen it firsthand and I can't say that I've probably not exhibited that attitude at certain points in time. If you want a glaring example without names, just look at the battles over which Bible to use. It's like some cannot let go that certain versions might be preferred by someone else. Have we not stopped this nonsense to take the time to realize that when we say Almighty God surely he'd have the knowledge to give us proper Bibles that ensure the truth gets taught? Maybe the different ways and tenses of saying things hit the note for different people. So really, how dare you judge someone for using a version that might not be yours, one way or another?

Now let us take the second part of the title: forum. What is a forum? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forum

I knew what a forum was when I chose to make Christianity Board around this format. It was a vision I had and in many ways that vision has been fulfilled, with the thanks going to God that at least a for a time I got things right. That being said, this was meant to be a place where I learn. I don't know everything about the Bible. No one here does. The Bible, the Word of God, is so incredibly complex that it can be examined on different levels and yet still different things can be learned. It's so deep that hours of searching and reading cannot yield what the Holy Spirit does in an instant. The forum format was meant to intimate the true Christian church of old. It's a place where the members come not to get the ones next to them to fully agree, but it's a place to come where they work out how to get it right themselves!

I stand behind the Bible Studies produced at this community. I wouldn't put them out there if I didn't believe them. I know the penalties associated for those who teach falsely and personally I'd like to avoid those. However, God laid it on my heart to be a teacher even when I didn't listen. I'm blessed to be able to operate in the capacity that I can. With that said, your role is not mine and mine is not yours. I need some help, but I can only get that help when people offer it and give it. For that effort, I applaud the OP.

So now that you guys and girls know the vision for the website - the ideal if you will - we have to deal with reality. The reality is that "I am right" mantra is pretty pervasive. However, the "I am right" mantra is exactly what is forgotten:

Matthew 7:1-5 NASB
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?

Some like to key in on the next verse:

Matthew 7:6 NASB
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Note that it doesn't say rebuke them or call them names when they disagree. Simply keep your pearls and give them to someone else. It's that simple. Jesus the Christ had the great tool in that he knew the exact state of the hearts he called vipers. We don't have that ability because we're not God. We're told to be fruit testers. If it's good, eat it. (Meaning it aligns with Scripture.) If it's not, discard it and move on. Remember the wheat and chafe?

Who separates them? Not the servants, but the Lord. Matthew 25:32. We are to know their fruit and be aware, but it's not our call or place to fix them.

Are we not called to turn the other cheek? Well guess what, while we're not second class citizens according to this verse, we cannot totally disregard it because it's Scripture too. In the context that it was taught in, we realize that it's about teaching. Guess what? When you teach you draw attention and you're inevitably going to draw the attention of some that disagree with you regardless of their stance on the Lord. Calling names, telling folks they're unlearned, and so on doesn't help anyone! Insults aren't the way God works, and don't fool yourself for an instant thinking that you have the right to insult. Not only is it against forum rules, it's against what God would have us do. Jesus called them vipers and dogs because he knew they were, but does not even a dog get a crumb from the master's table? You don't have the authority to decide souls; that's Christ's alone and it means that maybe sometimes you take a little heat for teaching the truth. So what, you're on a forum? Do you think because John or Jane Doe comes along and says something about you that everyone will believe them? Hardly. Do you think that everyone will believe everything you say whether inspired by the Spirit or not? Hardly as well. If you don't catch it here, the moment you leave this forum you'll run against it.

I don't think anyone believes anything because it was posted in a forum. Even with our Bible Studies, I want people to search them out and either believe if they see it or move on if they do not. That is our role as Christians, to put the seed out and to make it available while we live it as an example. What does the world do when they don't like what you have to say? They insult you. Does that tit for tat get anywhere?

My point is pick your battles, be slow to speak, and for heaven's sake quit worrying about what some person says about you on a forum. I promise you've I've received as much (if not more) hate mail than anyone here. I've been rebuked, cursed, mocked, and whatever else you can think of that would be rude to do. When something like that happens here on forum grounds, report it and let the staff take care of it. Yet, on the other side of the token, shape up and know that scoffers will come. They always have. You're blessed to be dealing with only some rudeness on a forum. The Apostles were stoned and beaten. Our Lord was crucified. All of them were killed.

Use this venue for the truth, but it's going to take more than me and more than just a handful. I need everyone's help to make this a more friendly place. CB is not exactly friendly as it once was. While that is ultimately a reflection on me, it's a reflection on the community as a whole as well. I want this to be a powerful place, but I need some help because the body needs all of the parts with Christ at the head!

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Hi there CB members im going to cut to the chase here latley there have been a few members on the board that dont like what im teaching. Well my appraoch to that is you either follow the bible or you dont, many here have cast false judments against me and have disputed gods word.
Gumby
Your error is when you claim what you say is the equivalent of God's word.
When people disagree with you it is because they do not agree with your interpretation.
When people do not agree with your interpretation you never give a scholarly explanation.
You simply use a worn out cliche "they follow the teachings of men."
Yet you are a man who thinks everyone should follow your teaching. This is contradictory .

You would benefit greatly Gumby by taking even a basic course on systematic theology. Base your arguments on facts , not cliches .
A person should never attempt to be a teacher until they themselves properly understand the subject.
Being a believer does not automatically qualify a person to be a teacher.

Best regards.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Gumby
When people disagree with you it is because they do not agree with your interpretation.
When people do not agree with your interpretation you never give a scholarly explanation.
Yet you are a man who thinks everyone should follow your teaching. This is contradictory .

You would benefit greatly Gumby by taking even a basic course on systematic theology. Base your arguments on facts , not cliches .
A person should never attempt to be a teacher until they themselves properly understand the subject.

Best regards.

I would just add that I think it wold be a great benefit for all Christians to take a basic course on Systematic Theology

gumby

May 29, 2009
Gumby

Best regards.

Your words are a blatent lie against me, never did you here me claim that my words are equvilent or better to the very word of god. And not all people reject gods word i have gotten through to some people. I stand on the rock and will not be shaken by lies or fairytales and blasphemy. Psalms 18:2, Psalms 18:31, Psalms 18:46, Psalms 31:3 and Psalms 71:3.

As for the teaching it is not i who teach but the holy spirit speaking and pounding through me and my entire being so i ask of you since you challenge a prophet of the living god then does the holy spirit have to have any training? the anwer is no the holy spirit can move through whoever he wants to whenever he wants to.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Your words are a blatent lie against me, never did you here me claim that my words are equvilent or better to the very word of god. And not all people reject gods word i have gotten through to some people. I stand on the rock and will not be shaken by lies or fairytales and blasphemy. Psalms 18:2, Psalms 18:31, Psalms 18:46, Psalms 31:3 and Psalms 71:3.

As for the teaching it is not i who teach but the holy spirit speaking and pounding through me and my entire being so i ask of you since you challenge a prophet of the living god then does the holy spirit have to have any training? the anwer is no the holy spirit can move through whoever he wants to whenever he wants to.

If it is HolySpirit who is teaching why does it seem you are offended and feeling rejected? Is challenging or questioning someone's teaching and beliefs wrong? Many today claim to be God's messenger but the scriptures are clear that believers should test everything and it seems to me that HolySpirit would be thrilled with those who do so.
Maybe you and your posts are being misunderstood and if so maybe you should take a look at your posts and consider that you might possibly be misrepresenting yourself and the revelation you feel HolySpirit has given you.