Mystery Solved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it talks about in Genesis of God creating Adam and Eve there's always been a mystery of where Cain and Able got their wives from but I think I know now. It definitely says that Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth, but what if God created humans after them and they had children as well? Even though it isn't included in the Bible, not all of Jesus' life either so it fits.

Reactions: Nancy and Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you you may be on to something there sister...!

*I always went with stork theory...

:D

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, where did Cain get the wife who bore Enoch?

For that matter, where did Enoch get his wife?

And his daughter-in-law? And his grand-daughter-in-law?

It is said that we are successful if we can choose our problems in life. Such sentiment is often equally true of biblical interpretation. Here we have two options to consider. Each has an upside and a downside.

Did Cain marry his sister?
Option one: Adam and Eve bore daughters in addition to their sons, one of whom became Cain’s wife. Nowhere does Genesis say that they bore only Cain and Abel before later creating Seth.

It was customary in Jewish genealogical records to list only the men, unless a woman’s name was unusually important to the story (as with Lamech’s bigamy). While this part of the Genesis record precedes Abraham and Judaism by many generations, the book was written and preserved by Jewish scholars and scribes. Thus their bias against including women in birth records would not be surprising here.

Here’s the downside: Cain married his sister.

While such a relationship would, of course, be problematic later, it was a necessity at this early point in human history. And so God protected mankind from the genetic problems such inbreeding can cause today. Nothing in the Genesis record makes this option impossible or even unlikely

Did God create Cain’s wife?
Option two: God made more people after he made Adam and Eve. Either he made Cain’s wife as he made Adam’s, or he made her parents or ancestors. Nowhere does Genesis or the rest of Scripture state that God made only Adam and Eve.

In defense of this thesis, note Cain’s protest when judged by God for murdering his brother: “I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me” (Genesis 4:14).

In response, “The Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him” (v. 15; sidebar note: the “mark of Cain” was not related to race). If Cain and his parents were the only humans alive on the planet at this time, why was he so afraid of others?

Perhaps his fear indicates the existence of large numbers of other people (or, alternately, he is afraid of future consequences when mankind grows more populous). If many people were living at the time, perhaps they were the offspring of another parental couple or couples (or, alternately, perhaps they were more of Adam and Eve’s unnamed children).

Here’s the downside: God made people besides Adam and Eve whose stories are left out of the biblical record.

Where did they live after the expulsion from Eden? Did they commit their own “original sin” since they were not descended from Adam? Why does the Bible nowhere mention them?

While Genesis records no women by name in the early line of human history, Jesus’ genealogy lists four notorious exceptions to this rule: Tamar the temptress, Rahab the prostitute, Ruth the foreigner, and the adulterous mother of Solomon (cf. Matthew 1:1-18). Women may not have been named in the creation of humanity, but they are included in the story of its redemption

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, where did Cain get the wife who bore Enoch?

For that matter, where did Enoch get his wife?

And his daughter-in-law? And his grand-daughter-in-law?

It is said that we are successful if we can choose our problems in life. Such sentiment is often equally true of biblical interpretation. Here we have two options to consider. Each has an upside and a downside.

Did Cain marry his sister?
Option one: Adam and Eve bore daughters in addition to their sons, one of whom became Cain’s wife. Nowhere does Genesis say that they bore only Cain and Abel before later creating Seth.

It was customary in Jewish genealogical records to list only the men, unless a woman’s name was unusually important to the story (as with Lamech’s bigamy). While this part of the Genesis record precedes Abraham and Judaism by many generations, the book was written and preserved by Jewish scholars and scribes. Thus their bias against including women in birth records would not be surprising here.

Here’s the downside: Cain married his sister.

While such a relationship would, of course, be problematic later, it was a necessity at this early point in human history. And so God protected mankind from the genetic problems such inbreeding can cause today. Nothing in the Genesis record makes this option impossible or even unlikely

Did God create Cain’s wife?
Option two: God made more people after he made Adam and Eve. Either he made Cain’s wife as he made Adam’s, or he made her parents or ancestors. Nowhere does Genesis or the rest of Scripture state that God made only Adam and Eve.

In defense of this thesis, note Cain’s protest when judged by God for murdering his brother: “I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me” (Genesis 4:14).

In response, “The Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him” (v. 15; sidebar note: the “mark of Cain” was not related to race). If Cain and his parents were the only humans alive on the planet at this time, why was he so afraid of others?

Perhaps his fear indicates the existence of large numbers of other people (or, alternately, he is afraid of future consequences when mankind grows more populous). If many people were living at the time, perhaps they were the offspring of another parental couple or couples (or, alternately, perhaps they were more of Adam and Eve’s unnamed children).

Here’s the downside: God made people besides Adam and Eve whose stories are left out of the biblical record.

Where did they live after the expulsion from Eden? Did they commit their own “original sin” since they were not descended from Adam? Why does the Bible nowhere mention them?

While Genesis records no women by name in the early line of human history, Jesus’ genealogy lists four notorious exceptions to this rule: Tamar the temptress, Rahab the prostitute, Ruth the foreigner, and the adulterous mother of Solomon (cf. Matthew 1:1-18). Women may not have been named in the creation of humanity, but they are included in the story of its redemption

Yeah,.. that's what I was saying. Option two makes more sense to me. :)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it talks about in Genesis of God creating Adam and Eve there's always been a mystery of where Cain and Able got their wives from but I think I know now. It definitely says that Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth, but what if God created humans after them and they had children as well? Even though it isn't included in the Bible, not all of Jesus' life either so it fits.

In the Hebrew manuscripts of Genesis 1:26-27, there is a difference with the word 'aadam', pointing in one place to the singular man Adam, but in another place to 'mankind' in general.

Gen 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let Us make man (aadam, no article) in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man (eth ha aadam) in His Own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

KJV

aadam = mankind
eth ha aadam = this man Adam

That is pointing to two distinct creations of man on the 6th day, the races of mankind, and a separate man Adam He formed in His Garden of Eden.

In English it works the same way; when we say 'man' builds houses we are speaking of mankind in general, many. But if we say 'this man' builds houses we being specific about only one man, a particular man. That is how it is in the Hebrew.

Thus the "land of Nod" where Cain went and found a wife was already populated on the 6th day.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think marrying a sister would be a genetic problem for people who were obviously vastly superior to us genetically. They lived to be hundreds of years old too, so there were probably lots of sisters!

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Acts 17:24-28
17:24. "The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25. nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26. and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27. that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28. for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.'

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
I think Adam & Eve was not the first mankind on earth, but they were the first "anointed" mankind on earth as spirit of God with them. If we read on the first book of Adam & Eve there was a such guardian gate of the garden that guard the gate of the outside world (Chapter 3:10), and our bible known as Cherub with its flaming sword (Genesis 3:24). And the serpent itself was also another human that made Adam & Eve fall into sin (Chapter XVII), could it be the serpent was a witch doctor or sorcerer ?
If in ancient times there is no high priest then in the deep forest of some tribe there only be a sorcerer or a witch.
And I think the crucifixion is the ritual of a Helenistic religion of the Greek, as the Greek was the Giants of the Noah (Genesis 6:1-8) and they always made a ritual of sacrifice with the Gladiator in Olympus. No wonder, bible said by Paul that our faith in Jesus is just like a race to the death (1 Corinthians 9:24-27). The bible was indeed influenced by the Greek rituals of Helenistic religion.
On the ancient Greek of Rome they always made an offerings to the serpent as since the fall of Adam, the world had been ruled by the serpent and when the serpent goes mad they offer a human sacrifice to their gods, as civilians was treatened as an animal.
We can see now how in ancient Babylonia Ashtoreth/Astarte/Venus/Al-Uzza/Artemis/Aphrodite/Diana glorified as the Goddess worshiped by Helenistic religion & ancient Babylonian.
So, if Roman religion always treat the civilians as an animal offerings, Jesus was also treatened as an animal sacrifice to them.
That's why Helenistic religion was the religion who always made a burnt offerings and sacrifice to their gods in The Valley of Ben Hinnom (Jeremiah 7:16-34; Deuteronomy 18:9-14). No wonder why Catholic always made an offerings of all the saints and martyr to their Helenistic ritual.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No; because Adam said of Eve that she was the mother of all living.

If others were created that were not descended from Adam and Eve that very likely would not have been the case.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
No; because Adam said of Eve that she was the mother of all living.

If others were created that were not descended from Adam and Eve that very likely would not have been the case.
Yes, because Eve was more living than Adam. If we see on the first book of Adam & Eve, Adam was the most depressed person as he always tried to suicide many times. That's why, I think they were the first anointed person of God as the spirit that bring us into life (Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 15:45; 2 Corinthians 3:6).

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 17:24-28
17:24. "The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25. nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26. and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27. that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28. for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.'

So, how does that answer my question exactly?

I wouldn't put very much stock in the first book of Adam and Eve; for it is not included in the canon of holy scripture that we call the Bible.

Uh yes it is. It's a part of Genesis.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, DNB and Justbyfaith is correct. the bible says nothing on any pre-Adamic, or Pre-Adamite race of any kind. BUT THE BIBLE is clear on the First man ADAM, scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.". BINGO, case closed, WHY? because it is WRITTEN. just read Genesis, which we are about to find out.

now the wife of Cain, the Bible again is clear again, Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."
here "Sorrow", is the Hebrew word,
H6093 עִצָּבוֹן `itstsabown (its-tsaw-ɓone') n-m.
worrisomeness, i.e. labor or pain.
[from H6087]
KJV: sorrow, toil.
Root(s): H6087

there it is ..... "labor or pain", and "Conception", it's the Hebrew word,
H2032 הֵרוֹן herown (hay-rone') n-m.
הֵרָיוֹן herayown (hay-raw-yone')
pregnancy.
[from H2029]
KJV: conception.

BINGO, there it is, Eve, had pregnancy, and labor pain, meaning having Children while in the Garden before the FALL INTO SIN. this was her punishment, and all women who follow after. so all you mothers who have had Labor pain, blame it on mother Eve... :( understand it's a scientific fact that one cannot "INCREASE/multiply," something unless it has already happen. she and her husband Adam had Children in the garden before the fall. so this is where Cain got his wife, and it also answer the sons of God in chapter6. yes, they was sons because they was "BORN" ALIVE to God.

this is backup, by verse Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living." was is a past tense designation, meaning it had happen already, that she was a MOTHER, and her Children was ALIVE to God. well you don't call someone a mother unless she had a child or childrens. and here children in the garden was alive to God. that's why today we all must be born again, because of the fall into sin, because of the FIRST MAN ACTION, sin came upon all men.... so this in itself answer the First man question, because the result of sin. because of the First man we all became sinners. and yes, even those who was born in the Garden alive to God. because of the .......... "FIRST MAN" Actions. this is why Eve got her name, because she .... "WAS" .... the mother of all living, now, because of sin entering into the world, all her children now, are born to NATURALLY "DIE". hence the reason why God came in flesh to redeem us ... man from sin. oh what a beautiful LOVE story. God as a man SAVES his Childrens.

see how the bible solves any mystery. we just only need to READ it.... the bible, the book of TRUTH, with the Holy Ghost.

hope that helped.

101G
The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam lived over 900 yrs and genesis does not give a timeline

according to Jewish tradition ( not scripture) Adam and Eve has 33 sets of twins
It does not say Cain and able were the first

Reactions: April_Rose