Need Help Figuring Out Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's 3:40 AM right now and I just had a dream that must have woken me up from sleep. I took nothing weird before bed and ate nothing weird - and I know it was a spiritual dream and whether it's good or bad, that part I don't know. I'm sorry for grammar I am so tired and my eyes hurt from the laptop glare. It's blurry. I do not want to forget by morning.

In the dream, I was sleeping and the blankets kept lifting up around me like it was a ghost trying to give a hug, and it woke me up and it freaked me out, so I was trying to scream for Jesus, but it wouldn't stop, and everytime I tried to get away it kept following me and I couldn't get away from this "thing."

I couldn't sleep anywhere because I kept "feeling" it. You couldn't see it anywhere but I kept feeling it physically in the dream.

SO I'm trying to figure out if it's evil or not and kept trying to figure out what I did to bring something poltergeist in and what I did wrong. It felt like a horror movie. It was so real feeling in the dream that it scared me.

Then I kept seeing a flash of a movie scene with the giant boat over the ocean. Overboard? I have no idea what it was but it had Goldie Hawn in it. Looked like a movie. But she said very clearly and vividly twice, "Where is your raincoat?" super clear. No idea what that means.

I woke up in the dream, and I was panicking, trying to figure out if I was schizophrenic (which I've considered because my life is weird) but I didn't.

Then I woke up again in the dream, and opened the curtains, and it was snowing again - but thick snow, huge flakes. And said to myself "Doesn't snow mean peace?"

And then I woke up in real life but I can't figure out that part because I don't actually have any memory of waking up - and where I was TERRIFIED with the hug ghost in the dream I actually feel really chilled out.

Probably Important:

1. A couple weeks ago I was praying for a hug from Jesus or something like that.
2. I may have gone to bed this time angry and praying at God for giving me experiences that make me look crazy and that prayer might have been really intense and I don't know if the dream is a rebuke, an attack, or if it is a good thing

I have to go back to bed. Will check back later.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I kept seeing a flash of a movie scene with the giant boat over the ocean. Overboard? I have no idea what it was but it had Goldie Hawn in it. Looked like a movie. But she said very clearly and vividly twice, "Where is your raincoat?" super clear. No idea what that means.

Good morning, sister.

Who was Goldie Hawn saying these words to? Anyone in particular, or just saying it to herself, or to the open air?

Tell me the entire "movie" scene, from start to end.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, sister.

Who was Goldie Hawn saying these words to? Anyone in particular, or just saying it to herself, or to the open air?

Tell me the entire "movie" scene, from start to end.

Not to herself and I don't know who she was talking to. I don't even have a raincoat.

The scene was just a quick flash of a giant boat in the water, which made me think it was the movie "Overboard." Just like a 1-2 second flash, then Goldie, then flash again of the boat, Goldie asking about the raincoat, then the boat.

I don't remember that line in that movie but I never saw the original.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to herself and I don't know who she was talking to. I don't even have a raincoat.

The scene was just a quick flash of a giant boat in the water, which made me think it was the movie "Overboard." Just like a 1-2 second flash, then Goldie, then flash again of the boat, Goldie asking about the raincoat, then the boat.

I don't remember that line in that movie but I never saw the original.

I know what this is about. :)

There's actually a scene in the original movie where she has been duped by Kurt Russell into thinking she's his wife, and she's laying on his sofa with the roof leaking rainwater all over her.

But the woman is actually filthy rich, as depicted by the yacht she is on at the start of the movie, and when she comes to herself again and realizes who she really is.

The meaning is this: You are asking for "experiences" when you are in fact rich in Christ already. But if you keep asking for things that aren't necessary, you may need to find a raincoat, because you will get duped into becoming the spiritual "wife" to a deceiver. Hence the poltergeist that is chasing you around in the dream and freaking you out. :)

Nothing wrong with spiritual experiences, but we must never get in the position of demanding them. They only come in His timing and at His will. Otherwise, we are walking out from under His Lordship.

Bear any witness with you?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what this is about. :)

There's actually a scene in the original movie where she has been duped by Kurt Russell into thinking she's his wife, and she's laying on his sofa with the roof leaking rainwater all over her.

But the woman is actually filthy rich, as depicted by the yacht she is on at the start of the movie, and when she comes to herself again and realizes who she really is.

The meaning is this: You are asking for "experiences" when you are in fact rich in Christ already. But if you keep asking for things that aren't necessary, you may need to find a raincoat, because you will get duped into becoming the spiritual "wife" to a deceiver. Hence the poltergeist that is chasing you around in the dream and freaking you out. :)

Nothing wrong with spiritual experiences, but we must never get in the position of demanding them. They only come in His timing and at His will. Otherwise, we are walking out from under His Lordship.

Bear any witness with you?

That would be an interesting one, but I don't do that. I actually avoid it as much as I possibly can.

I think you might have read the second line on the bottom wrong?

"2. I may have gone to bed this time angry and praying at God for giving me experiences that make me look crazy and that prayer might have been really intense and I don't know if the dream is a rebuke, an attack, or if it is a good thing "

I wasn't meaning a literal hug for the first one LOL

I'm gonna watch that scene in a bit though :D Have to get breakfast made starting the day late here

Reactions: TLHKAJ

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ @Hidden In Him

Thanks guys. Called my mom and she helped me figure it out. :D

I think the "ghost hugs" and me being afraid were because I get scared of the spiritual hugs I'm getting and always freak out about it being demonic or wondering if I'm crazy.

The snow thing is just peace. I'm not supposed to be afraid.
The raincoat thing might be about getting prepared/protection. Maybe "overboard" because it seems like things were a bit overboard. Mom suggested something about the "latter-rain" and I don't know what she's talking about so I need to look it up.

About 4:22 AM (because I sat there for a long time trying to figure it out) I heard "I sent my spirit to make it easy. Don't get discouraged. Don't break my yoke. I am coming soon."

I didn't include that before because wasn't sure if it applied. (On the breaking yoke part - before bed that night I was praying about how I didn't want to be a Christian anymore because the things I went through were all weird and the feeling crazy thing and just feel like something is messing with me all of the time.)

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you might have read the second line on the bottom wrong?

"2. I may have gone to bed this time angry and praying at God for giving me experiences that make me look crazy and that prayer might have been really intense and I don't know if the dream is a rebuke, an attack, or if it is a good thing "

Actually, I'm still not sure I'm reading it right. Weird sentence, LoL.
@TLHKAJ @Hidden In Him

Thanks guys. Called my mom and she helped me figure it out. :D

I think the "ghost hugs" and me being afraid were because I get scared of the spiritual hugs I'm getting and always freak out about it being demonic or wondering if I'm crazy.

The snow thing is just peace. I'm not supposed to be afraid.
The raincoat thing might be about getting prepared/protection. Maybe "overboard" because it seems like things were a bit overboard. Mom suggested something about the "latter-rain" and I don't know what she's talking about so I need to look it up.

About 4:22 AM (because I sat there for a long time trying to figure it out) I heard "I sent my spirit to make it easy. Don't get discouraged. Don't break my yolk. I am coming soon."

I didn't include that before because wasn't sure if it applied. (On the breaking yolk part - before bed that night I was praying about how I didn't want to be a Christian anymore because the things I went through were all weird and the feeling crazy thing and just feel like something is messing with me all of the time.)

Tell you the truth, the above makes zero sense to me, LoL. But time will tell. The meaning of dreams come into full picture over time. :)

God bless,
- H

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had thick snow in some of my dreams, and they have represented coming storms.

Whether this is right or wrong, my advice is to make sure to have the right spiritual clothing to have peace in hard times. :) I think you got this girl. :) Just keep your eyes on Him.

1614021343164.png

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you mentioned though... about praying your feelings that you didn't want to be a Christian anymore, makes me think of the deceptive spirit Hidden talked about in his interpretation. It could explain the "not breaking yoke" thing too. Id just hang close to the Lord in good times and bad times.

I like dreams, so you asked for it. LOL

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you mentioned though... about praying your feelings that you didn't want to be a Christian anymore, makes me think of the deceptive spirit Hidden talked about in his interpretation. It could explain the "not breaking yoke" thing too. Id just hang close to the Lord in good times and bad times.

I like dreams, so you asked for it. LOL
I think that's exactly right! "Don't break my yoke." (I spelled it like eggs last time. Shows how tired I am. LOL I think God knew I was on the edge of giving up completely. Now I should probably repent of all of the bad things I said when I was praying. We get frustrated and it's good to be honest with God, but I might just need to chill out for a few days.

I keep saying that and I keep not doing it correctly.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's exactly right! "Don't break my yoke." (I spelled it like eggs last time. Shows how tired I am. LOL I think God knew I was on the edge of giving up completely. Now I should probably repent of all of the bad things I said when I was praying. We get frustrated and it's good to be honest with God, but I might just need to chill out for a few days.

I keep saying that and I keep not doing it correctly.

I think you are in very good company now, sister. :) I think you've already made some friends that will get you through, and maybe for the rest of your life.

About the interpretation, it may need some tweaking because I still don't fully understand that sentence for one thing. But I believe I was on the right track (I usually am). But I decided to let it go. Like I said, time reveals all things. And the upstart of the whole thing (I believe) is that the Lord Himself is watching over you, and will protect you from harm. :)

God bless you, Fluffy, and thanks for sharing your dream.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's 3:40 AM right now and I just had a dream that must have woken me up from sleep. I took nothing weird before bed and ate nothing weird - and I know it was a spiritual dream and whether it's good or bad, that part I don't know. I'm sorry for grammar I am so tired and my eyes hurt from the laptop glare. It's blurry. I do not want to forget by morning.

In the dream, I was sleeping and the blankets kept lifting up around me like it was a ghost trying to give a hug, and it woke me up and it freaked me out, so I was trying to scream for Jesus, but it wouldn't stop, and everytime I tried to get away it kept following me and I couldn't get away from this "thing."

I couldn't sleep anywhere because I kept "feeling" it. You couldn't see it anywhere but I kept feeling it physically in the dream.

SO I'm trying to figure out if it's evil or not and kept trying to figure out what I did to bring something poltergeist in and what I did wrong. It felt like a horror movie. It was so real feeling in the dream that it scared me.

I woke up in the dream, and I was panicking, trying to figure out if I was schizophrenic (which I've considered because my life is weird) but I didn't.

Then I woke up again in the dream, and opened the curtains, and it was snowing again - but thick snow, huge flakes. And said to myself "Doesn't snow mean peace?"

And then I woke up in real life but I can't figure out that part because I don't actually have any memory of waking up - and where I was TERRIFIED with the hug ghost in the dream I actually feel really chilled out.

Probably Important:

1. A couple weeks ago I was praying for a hug from Jesus or something like that.
2. I may have gone to bed this time angry and praying at God for giving me experiences that make me look crazy and that prayer might have been really intense and I don't know if the dream is a rebuke, an attack, or if it is a good thing

You want it straight??.... resolve to get rid of all that defiles. In this matter, you will be strengthened as needed. Even in the Lord's Prayer is a request to keep us from evil.
Evil persisted with on whatever level, reinforces the connection with evil and those forces do not back off if there is any door in.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are in very good company now, sister. :) I think you've already made some friends that will get you through, and maybe for the rest of your life.

About the interpretation, it may need some tweaking because I still don't fully understand that sentence for one thing. But I believe I was on the right track (I usually am). But I decided to let it go. Like I said, time reveals all things. And the upstart of the whole thing (I believe) is that the Lord Himself is watching over you, and will protect you from harm. :)

God bless you, Fluffy, and thanks for sharing your dream.

Thanks, Hidden! I think I get what you're eluding to - my testimony/being ghosted and going through some stuff and I get that. I just don't think it fits what was on my heart or what I'm going through at the time and I know there were parts where I was deceived but I don't believe it was a deceptive spirit that led me to Christ. :)

Things are getting pretty busy here with the kids today and I need to start studying and focusing on myself and getting into scripture so I might need to unplug for a little bit. (Literally, I do this on occasion. I'm part of r/nosurf.) But I'll be back in about six months. :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're sure it's a God sent dream? That one went over my head and I'm usually pretty good at this.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckieLady

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Hidden! I think I get what you're eluding to - my testimony/being ghosted and going through some stuff and I get that. I just don't think it fits what was on my heart or what I'm going through at the time and I know there were parts where I was deceived but I don't believe it was a deceptive spirit that led me to Christ. :)

That's not what I meant, like at all, LoL. :p But don't worry about it. Put it to rest.
Things are getting pretty busy here with the kids today and I need to start studying and focusing on myself and getting into scripture so I might need to unplug for a little bit. (Literally, I do this on occasion. I'm part of r/nosurf.) But I'll be back in about six months. :)

Awww... I'm sad to hear this. Well, if you gotta go, you gotta go. Remember we are here for you. :)

963cae175569e85c0b8f34cac38b50f0.jpg

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Probably Important:

You're playing with fire, FYD. You had a disturbing dream like we all have, all the time. It means absolutely nothing, and you sound rather impressionable and misguided stressing over it the way that you are.
You know very well what pleases God, who He is, and what He stands for, therefore avoid getting into these esoteric and mystical discussions about something that absolutely no one on this forum, knows anything about.

Again, you're playing with fire, for you have not a clue where the inspiration for this dream came from, ...it sounds extremely disturbing and chaotic to me. Don't look for answers in regard to its meaning, for you will be entertaining and taking part in its influence.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're sure it's a God sent dream? That one went over my head and I'm usually pretty good at this.
I'm pretty sure it's not. I can come up with explanations for it but that doesn't make it from God. It's just my brain figuring things out and putting them together.

You're playing with fire, FYD. You had a disturbing dream like we all have, all the time. It means absolutely nothing, and you sound rather impressionable and misguided stressing over it the way that you are.
You know very well what pleases God, who He is, and what He stands for, therefore avoid getting into these esoteric and mystical discussions about something that absolutely no one on this forum, knows anything about.

Again, you're playing with fire, for you have not a clue where the inspiration for this dream came from, ...it sounds extremely disturbing and chaotic to me. Don't look for answers in regard to its meaning, for you will be entertaining and taking part in its influence.

No worries, DNB. Kind of hard not to think about things when they're that vivid and intense but I spent the day thinking about it and decided to pass it off as nothing. I think it was just another attack. It happens every once in a while. I've had real dreams from God and it doesn't carry the same feeling - they're also like every ten years rare for me, and considering how my brain was last night and getting angry at God - I was probably already under spiritual attack.

Not really sure why though.
Sorry everyone. Takes time to figure things out sometimes.

I'm still going to be taking a break and I'll make an announcement somewhere on here. I have noticed that when people disappear people tend to get worried and I don't want anyone to worry.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it's not. I can come up with explanations for it but that doesn't make it from God. It's just my brain figuring things out and putting them together.

No worries, DNB. Kind of hard not to think about things when they're that vivid and intense but I spent the day thinking about it and decided to pass it off as nothing. I think it was just another attack. It happens every once in a while. I've had real dreams from God and it doesn't carry the same feeling - they're also like every ten years rare for me, and considering how my brain was last night and getting angry at God - I was probably already under spiritual attack.

Not really sure why though.
Sorry everyone. Takes time to figure things out sometimes.

I'm still going to be taking a break and I'll make an announcement somewhere on here. I have noticed that when people disappear people tend to get worried and I don't want anyone to worry.

Only you can tell if it was from God. And it sounds like you figured it out. Dreams still mean something. I see them as though my mind is a wound up spring, and dreams are the release of that emotional tension. I think sometimes that is true. It will be sad to see you go. I need people to talk to also. But I understand too. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.