Negativity is addictive...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Positivity is also addictive, though it's not the fleshy thing, so you have to be more focused. Just the same, I recommend learning the states of your mind, so you can be aware when these kinds of electro-chemical pushes happen in your brain, you can take inventory, and deliberately choose how you will react.

I've learned the metallic feel when adrenaline is released, and the cottony feel of endorphins, and the tightness of cortisol. That's just how I characterize these. However you talk about it, that sudden flush of mental/emotional change is a flashing road sign, sudden curves ahead.

I can see when these things happen as people are posting. They appear backed into a corner in the discussion, and suddenly the grammar starts to suffer, and the typos start to show up, and it just goes downhill from there. I've found that to be the right time to bow out, since not much useful will come until those states pass.

And ditto for me too! If I start going of the rails, just close that tab!

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Positivity is also addictive, though it's not the fleshy thing, so you have to be more focused. Just the same, I recommend learning the states of your mind, so you can be aware when these kinds of electro-chemical pushes happen in your brain, you can take inventory, and deliberately choose how you will react.

I've learned the metallic feel when adrenaline is released, and the cottony feel of endorphins, and the tightness of cortisol. That's just how I characterize these. However you talk about it, that sudden flush of mental/emotional change is a flashing road sign, sudden curves ahead.

I can see when these things happen as people are posting. They appear backed into a corner in the discussion, and suddenly the grammar starts to suffer, and the typos start to show up, and it just goes downhill from there. I've found that to be the right time to bow out, since not much useful will come until those states pass.

And ditto for me too! If I start going of the rails, just close that tab!

Much love!
I posted this for the people that aren't aware of their condition. Not everyone is aware of things like the OP addresses. Thanks for posting Marks, I get my buttons pushed on forums. So I tend to just bow out now days.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted this for the people that aren't aware of their condition. Not everyone is aware of things like the OP addresses. Thanks for posting Marks, I get my buttons pushed on forums. So I tend to just bow out now days.
Part of the growing up process, I think! That's partly why I close my posts as I do. As I type those words, Much Love!, I have to ask myself, Is It? If the answer is no, go back, make some changes, until it is.

Of course it's also so you'll know Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feelings of agitation are fleshy. Feeling defensive is fleshy. Feeling antagonistic is fleshy. Provoking others is fleshy. This is one I myself have to be extra careful for. I think there is more than one member here who has seen me bear into people harder than I ought, knowing that if I give a little more rope they will hang themself, BUT that's not what I'm here for!

It's a good topic! I hope it gets some attention!

And negativity is more easily addictive, because you already have that fleshy apparatus. Addicting to good means first your mind needs to be being renewed.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
btw . . . I LOVE your avatar!

:)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feelings of agitation are fleshy. Feeling defensive is fleshy. Feeling antagonistic is fleshy. Provoking others is fleshy. This is one I myself have to be extra careful for. I think there is more than one member here who has seen me bear into people harder than I ought, knowing that if I give a little more rope they will hang themself, BUT that's not what I'm here for!

It's a good topic! I hope it gets some attention!

And negativity is more easily addictive, because you already have that fleshy apparatus. Addicting to good means first your mind needs to be being renewed.

Much love!
The holy spirit of peace can be a relief, but when people become negative, the holy spirit isn't there. Hopefully people come onto these forums to receive the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). But I'm not always seeing that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holy spirit of peace can be a relief, but when people become negative, the holy spirit isn't there. Hopefully people come onto these forums to receive the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). But I'm not always seeing that.
Yes, the fruit of the Spirit. That can easily be our guide to when we are functioning in flesh or spirit. In truth, aggitation is not of the Spirit, peace is. Impatience isn't, it's fleshy. Plain and simple. We have to be willing to accept unsavory truths about ourselves, so we can go on to change these things.

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the fruit of the Spirit. That can easily be our guide to when we are functioning in flesh or spirit. In truth, aggitation is not of the Spirit, peace is. Impatience isn't, it's fleshy. Plain and simple. We have to be willing to accept unsavory truths about ourselves, so we can go on to change these things.

Much love!
Yes acceptance is the first step. We must acknowledge that we are in error when we act contentious. Ego maybe gets in the way of that sometimes.