Neither Calvinism or Aminianism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am what used to be called Secure Aminian.

We come to God in free will and repent. Which is submission to Christ as our Lord, King, brother and God.

We become his servant and slave, meaning we belong to him and ask confirm in Romans 8 cannot be taken away from him by anything in creation, including oneself. There is no exception clause.

Honestly, once born again no one ever wants to leave.

We are not preprogrammed robots per Calvinism.

What does this mean? That Calvinism and Arminianism are false.

Think about the absurdity of believing one can evict the Holy Spirit and nail Christ back on the cross.

Reactions: Helen

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am what used to be called Secure Aminian.

We come to God in free will and repent. Which is submission to Christ as our Lord, King, brother and God.

We become his servant and slave, meaning we belong to him and ask confirm in Romans 8 cannot be taken away from him by anything in creation, including oneself. There is no exception clause.

Honestly, once born again no one ever wants to leave.

We are not preprogrammed robots per Calvinism.

What does this mean? That Calvinism and Arminianism are false.

Think about the absurdity of believing one can evict the Holy Spirit and nail Christ back on the cross.
Sola fide? Salvation is by NOTHING alone. Why don’t people focus more on Bible study then reading everybody else books and thoughts on the Bible.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As per the second video...This is wonderful. Your doctrine teaches license. I sat here in this chair, accepted Jesus as my savior, I believe he is the son of God and was raised from the dead. I am now a born again Christian. Yea for me because now I am at liberty to live anyway I want because I am going to heaven, eternally secure. No wonder the United States continues to fall in morality. It doesn’t matter according to your doctrine. Congratulations for your contribution to the moral degradation of our society. You did say that you agreed but with a few differences so just maybe this is one of them. But it was you who posted the video as if you are in agreement.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This too is fantastic. This guy admits you might not be able to tell if it was a burrito or the HS acting on you. Your doctrine now also has just made God culpable in the destruction of the lost in this world. What about the individuals who don’t get that HS experience he talked about that brought him to Christ? That would mean God chose not to call them. You are now a Calvinist.

Regeneration happens before faith? Not a chance 11:25 on the video but he adds more..
This is his quote...“I believe faith happens at the moment you are regenerated but regeneration, if I had to put one before the other, happens before faith”.
The fact is they don’t happen at the same time. This guy completely contradicts Paul. Paul says there is a process to salvation and it doesn’t start with a direct movement applied to you by the HS.

The parenthesis are my comments
Romans 10:13-17. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (That does away with Calvinism) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?(you have to believe first before you can call) and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Paul says that one must “call upon the name of the Lord in order to be saved”. I would hope you would agree that regeneration can not happen until AFTER one has called upon the name of the Lord? You can’t be regenerated and not be saved. Look at the process described by Paul..
  1. First a preacher is sent
  2. Preaching then takes place
  3. Hearing the word comes next
  4. Believing what has been preached and heard
  5. And THEN one calls upon the name of the lord in order to be saved.
So, regeneration or salvation CANNOT and DOES NOT happen at the same time as faith because at that point the individual has still not CALLED.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To continue....how does God call people to him? It’s not through a direct operation of the Spirit as he described. Paul, again tells us. (See, if people would just listen and follow Paul instead of this other junk they would not be confused and misled)
2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are called by the gospel, which perfectly aligns with what Paul said above. We are called through the preaching and message of the gospel when it is presented. Simple as that. Not hard, not confusing, easy to explain and understand. If you need more, then consider what Jesus had to say on this subject...
John 6:44-45 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
Jesus confirms that God draws men to him, not through some direct HS operation, but through hearing and learning. He and Paul are in agreement but they are in opposition to your man above.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I think I’ve seen enough. I don’t think I can sit and listen to 47 minutes worth of this stuff. I’ve already pointed out how wrong they truly are. Of course a message I believe will fall on deaf ears.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, whoi]">[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

More Than Conquerors
31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”j]">[j]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him

This most assuredly is not Calvinism.

Love doesn't matter in God's lottery by their belief.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This most assuredly is not Arminianism.

They believe one can leave God and their salvation.

But how can they if nothing can remove them from God. After all, they are part of creation. There is no exemption clause.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both sides will throw verses that you they think supports their position.

The problem is shopping cart theology is false.

The Bible must harmonize totally throughout or it is a lie.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the fact remains what I believe is a minority position.

The bottom line belief of both is that they simply believe in that somehow versus don't say what they say.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This kind of problem is not limited to this subject.

It is similar to those stating the KJV is the only true Bible. The ordained word of God.

They cannot prove it is true.

Or Catholicism. Ever tried to show a Catholic Catholicism is wrong?

If you have you know what I mean.