Neither Jew Nor Gentile

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. - Colossians 3:11.

In Christ there is no ethnicity. Paul did everything he could in preaching the gospel to tell us that. There is no ethnicity in God. There is a term we can use because there is three races of people in scripture.

Jew - Gentile - and New Creation race.!

That is all you can find written in scripture that God has ever dealt with. Why is Paul so adamant about race.. because by the old knowledge people believe they have a right. Paul said we don't even have a right to live. We are what and who we are by the grace of God..and that swallows up man. Everything men think they are, is overshadowed.. swallowed up in Christ. The day we live proves Paul had the right idea..men wanting to be something in themselves - and attached to a ethnic group. How can a Christian get caught in the trap - how do you suppose that can happen? The lack of preaching Paul's gospel.

We don't listen to Paul..if we could hear Paul - he straightens out all world living by Christ in you. Christ in you is not earthy - Christ in you is heavenly, and that is where Paul said our conversation and lifestyle is to be lived. Christian's are as worldly as the unregenerate without Paul's gospel. Money fame and Fortune are to be sought after, and your right - to be right. 'Well look at me I was born in this ethnic group, or that ethnic group.' There is no ethnic groups in Christ that is a lie.

Have you been around Christians that still hold on to they're ethnicity, as though the scripture never sheds light on the subject. I was raised in the american indian group. They feel like anybody else concerning their rights. You have no right..we have written so elegantly by our beloved Apostle Paul. That is in your flesh..that deceptive and deceived mind of the knowledge of Good and evil. It is not written in Paul's epistles..if you want a right you must take it because it is not offered to you. Quite the opposite; Paul places the believer in Christ on the cross..it is written.

I'm crucified with Christ. The only life you have is Christ. That does not mean God cannot use you in your ethnic group. He can because you may know them better than anyone else. I talk with my group from time to time - it's like pulling teeth if you do not read Paul. So the world heats up in a hot bed of ethnicity. Who cares what country your from. There is no color in God - what there is is billions and billions of containers chosen to be in Christ before the foundation of the world!

That is all you can see in Paul's Gospel! What did Paul give up? God will not take my ignorance away - but he allows believers to surrender it! Love choices, decisions made out of your love for God - more than a love for self.

5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; - Philippians 3:5.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. - Colossians 3:11.

In Christ there is no ethnicity. Paul did everything he could in preaching the gospel to tell us that. There is no ethnicity in God. There is a term we can use because there is three races of people in scripture.

That is all you can find written in scripture that God has ever dealt with. Why is Paul so adamant about race.. because by the old knowledge people believe they have a right. Paul said we don't even have a right to live. We are what and who we are by the grace of God..and that swallows up man. Everything men think they are, is overshadowed.. swallowed up in Christ. The day we live proves Paul had the right idea..men wanting to be something in themselves - and attached to a ethnic group. How can a Christian get caught in the trap - how do you suppose that can happen? The lack of preaching Paul's gospel.

We don't listen to Paul..if we could hear Paul - he straightens out all world living by Christ in you. Christ in you is not earthy - Christ in you is heavenly, and that is where Paul said our conversation and lifestyle is to be lived. Christian's are as worldly as the unregenerate without Paul's gospel. Money fame and Fortune are to be sought after, and your right - to be right. 'Well look at me I was born in this ethnic group, or that ethnic group.' There is no ethnic groups in Christ that is a lie.

Have you been around Christians that still hold on to they're ethnicity, as though the scripture never sheds light on the subject. I was raised in the american indian group. They feel like anybody else concerning their rights. You have no right..we have written so elegantly by our beloved Apostle Paul. That is in your flesh..that deceptive and deceived mind of the knowledge of Good and evil. It is not written in Paul's epistles..if you want a right you must take it because it is not offered to you. Quite the opposite; Paul places the believer in Christ on the cross..it is written.

I'm crucified with Christ. The only life you have is Christ. That does not mean God cannot use you in your ethnic group. He can because you may know them better than anyone else. I talk with my group from time to time - it's like pulling teeth if you do not read Paul. So the world heats up in a hot bed of ethnicity. Who cares what country your from. There is no color in God - what there is is billions and billions of containers chosen to be in Christ before the foundation of the world!

That is all you can see in Paul's Gospel! What did Paul give up? God will not take my ignorance away - but he allows believers to surrender it! Love choices, decisions made out of your love for God - more than a love for self.

5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; - Philippians 3:5.

Hi Soulman,
Good post!
Yes, we even have "Chinese" churches and "Italian" church's around here. As well as those who are ONLY white or black. We have segregated ourselves! :eek:
What a shame as, how can a family (THE family of God) think that is a "good thing"?? If walking into a church, what would be nice to see is a good mixture of ALL people, kindreds and tongues...pretty cool, yes? Men, women, kids, elderly, all colors all nationalities one in Christ, a beautiful thing not easily found in today's world.
God bless bro!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

great post! Makes me also think of
2 Corinthians 5:16-17 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. [17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And 1 Timothy 5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
…because “doing nothing by partiality” seems significant to: Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: [35] But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Acts 10:34-35

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Soulman,
Good post!
Yes, we even have "Chinese" churches and "Italian" church's around here. As well as those who are ONLY white or black. We have segregated ourselves! :eek:
What a shame as, how can a family (THE family of God) think that is a "good thing"?? If walking into a church, what would be nice to see is a good mixture of ALL people, kindreds and tongues...pretty cool, yes? Men, women, kids, elderly, all colors all nationalities one in Christ, a beautiful thing not easily found in today's world.
God bless bro!

I understand how hanging out with friends and family, or people you are familiar with. That seems natural to do. But gather with everyone in the body with the same thinking. And don't forget to invite the heathen :) we all look different, talk different, raised different. Different back grounds, and different cultures. It don't matter in Christ. Outer Christianity sees the difference. So we move on.. I witnessed awhile back, not everyone wants to move in God. Imo. There is no Italians..greek..irish..polish..germans.. american indian..jew nor gentile and what nots - in Christ. Those are back grounds of those in Christ..but in Christ there is no such thing. I talk to my jewish friend in love, sweet lady, and tell her there is no jews in Christ. That hasn't flown yet :) but she keeps coming around so we will talk more.

Reactions: Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
great post! Makes me also think of
2 Corinthians 5:16-17 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. [17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And 1 Timothy 5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
…because “doing nothing by partiality” seems significant to: Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: [35] But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Acts 10:34-35

Great scripture, and word.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what about this passage:

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Great scripture! I don't know what people see. I wonder if we should read a little deeper? Or just read period what is written. Maybe we just forget after we read what is written!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it would be a good time for all of our ethnic churches to preach what is written about race. Don't fuel a fire - we all have been mistreated in one way or another, by what I label as Satan abuse. That sin nature is a devil of deeds. And the unrenewed mind in areas will go along with what it knows, and was taught by that sinning rebel scathing nature. Anything to separate, that is what happens to believers soiled in mind - separation. Denominations separate - ethnicity, separates. At least in mind and in the world. You cannot find it in grace.
Only perfect oneness and union.

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only right a believer has is the right to fight the old way of thinking, and remain mentally in Christ. Don't get swept off in a lessor knowledge. What is it that protects from the fiery darts, and everything that comes against christianity!

16 above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, - Ephesians 6:16-19.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever have someone ask you where you go to church. They are asking; what do you believe. They affiliate that with what you believe. Making sure you lineup with what they're group believes. That is so weak - Satan has a field day with groups.. corporate thinking. Remember in the world governments and corporations have no mind. It is just like a machine, and operates like a machine. With no mind!

It is called gang mentality - I experienced that in the world. It can happen with any group, we choose sides.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand how hanging out with friends and family, or people you are familiar with. That seems natural to do. But gather with everyone in the body with the same thinking. And don't forget to invite the heathen :) we all look different, talk different, raised different. Different back grounds, and different cultures. It don't matter in Christ. Outer Christianity sees the difference. So we move on.. I witnessed awhile back, not everyone wants to move in God. Imo. There is no Italians..greek..irish..polish..germans.. american indian..jew nor gentile and what nots - in Christ. Those are back grounds of those in Christ..but in Christ there is no such thing. I talk to my jewish friend in love, sweet lady, and tell her there is no jews in Christ. That hasn't flown yet :) but she keeps coming around so we will talk more.

"And don't forget to invite the heathen..." :D You got that right as He came for those who need saving and it ain't just a bunch of Christians who are already saved!

How interesting that your Jewish lady friend is still coming back...she must be getting a word from God or, I think she would have already gotten angry? Awesome Soulman. Amen brother of mine. We are not clones of one another, God made each one of us unique. God loves variety :)
Much love bro!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Buildings and places we go, is not representative of who we are in Christ. That is where we choose to go, but has nothing to do with who we are. I was raised in penecost so I'll pick on them because I am one. There is no pentecostal christians. There is christians that are pentecostal. Loosing the old identity is one of the hardest things people can come to - because that is everything to us. Identify with who you are. Scripture is perfect in destroying old identity - as well as perfect in your new identity. Paul's fear and trembling was in that he would deliver the message of God - from his old way of doing things. That is why you cannot find any law in Paul's epistles - he was on guard (from the old way of doing things) of his new identity!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And don't forget to invite the heathen..." :D You got that right as He came for those who need saving and it ain't just a bunch of Christians who are already saved!

How interesting that your Jewish lady friend is still coming back...she must be getting a word from God or, I think she would have already gotten angry? Awesome Soulman. Amen brother of mine. We are not clones of one another, God made each one of us unique. God loves variety :)
Much love bro!

I like the green face lol I need new ones where you get those. My friends life is in shambles, and she is searching. So I don't get to hermetical but we talk :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Buildings and places we go, is not representative of who we are in Christ. That is where we choose to go, but has nothing to do with who we are. I was raised in penecost so I'll pick on them because I am one. There is no pentecostal christians. There is christians that are pentecostal. Loosing the old identity is one of the hardest things people can come to - because that is everything to us. Identify with who you are. Scripture is perfect in destroying old identity - as well as perfect in your new identity. Paul's fear and trembling was in that he would deliver the message of God - from his old way of doing things. That is why you cannot find any law in Paul's epistles - he was on guard (from the old way of doing things) of his new identity!

True Soulman,
There was a time (a LONG time) that I THOUGHT my "identity" was something else. God brought me out of much sin. I realized finally that HE is my ONLY identity.
We identify as Christian only, no other thing identifies us other than the personality God gave us.
Lotsa love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the green face lol I need new ones where you get those. My friends life is in shambles, and she is searching. So I don't get to hermetical but we talk :)

Soulman, you have the green face in the same place you got the smiley face :D:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O
God is so using you to bring this woman into faith in Christ! She is blessed to have been put in your path!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You make an interesting point Mike, and you are absolutely correct. Christians, including the holy ones in Christ, are from all nations, ethnicity is not a factor. Jehovah took people of all nations to be a people for His name. Acts 15:14

You correctly stated that it is not Biblical, so let me ask you something sir, is there such a thing as race, or is that a worldly term as well?

Reactions: soul man and Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soulman, you have the green face in the same place you got the smiley face :D:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O
God is so using you to bring this woman into faith in Christ! She is blessed to have been put in your path!

I type in the smiley face but I'll check. Thank you for your kind words.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make an interesting point Mike, and you are absolutely correct. Christians, including the holy ones in Christ, are from all nations, ethnicity is not a factor. Jehovah took people of all nations to be a people for His name. Acts 15:14

You correctly stated that it is not Biblical, so let me ask you something sir, is there such a thing as race, or is that a worldly term as well?

Good question. If there is such a thing, we can see in scripture there is only three groups of people dealt with in scripture. Jew - Gentile - the new creation group of people, by a birth (born again). Jew - Gentile are both in Adam. New creation is in Christ. So in actuality there is only two groups being dealt with in scripture .. first Adam, and the last Adam. People, or groups are in one or the other. And that is how the Lord handles humanity, by being in one or the other.. in my understanding of scripture. The world bears down on both - but they are handled different. The success or lack of, in the world is worldly, or of the world. Nothing wrong with prospering and being successful in the Lord. But that is not why we are here. We have a little ditty we quote that "your greatest earthly blessing can turn out to be your greatest curse." Simply because it does not matter - we trust the father to take care of us.. he birthed us by Christ in you, so we trust the father will take care of his children as a good father. That may go along way as the world heats up!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The message of God has everyone equal in him. The weakest among you is the greatest - the greatest among you is the weakest. There are no greats in God.. only a body that is dependent on each moving piece, with Christ it's head.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. - 1 Corinthians 12:14-20.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The message of God has everyone equal in him. The weakest among you is the greatest - the greatest among you is the weakest. There are no greats in God.. only a body that is dependent on each moving piece, with Christ it's head.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. - 1 Corinthians 12:14-20.
It was a revelation to believers in the Lord Jesus from a Jewish background in Acts that Gentiles also were in the sphere of blessing in the Gospel.