Network advice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I alos believe parts of what He teaches. Just got my computer back from Staples. got hacked into ransomware, so they had to debug it. When I catch up I will look at teh video again and list out the biblical errors.

Saw this post and I figured I could help anyone here set up a more secure network. My job is IT-related and I’d rather not turn into “work-mode” when I’m here but I can share my knowledge and experience with you. :)

For some light reading take a look at the Netgear Orbi series which comes full of features with content filtering and antivirus on a network level.
Smart Parental Control | Internet Filter | Internet Safety | NETGEAR

NETGEAR Armor | Powered by BITDEFENDER | Premium Online Protection

If some of you are also working from home and you have spotty internet coverage in some areas of your house, this system (Orbi) is the one for you.

If anyone needs further advice on setup, purchasing, configuration etc, I’m here to help when I can.

Last edited:

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ i remember you mentioned somewhere that you felt like advertisements are custom made for you and that’s absolutely true. :)
Ads are targeted, but with enough knowledge you can make yourself “invisible” on the web but you’ll still get other non-relevant ads.
So the amount of ads won’t change but they won’t be relevant to you.
You can also block ads completely with different types of hardware and configurations.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One last thing I’d like to mention is : subscriptions!
Since everything is now cloud-based subscription service, you may not be aware of things that you may be paying in the background.
Common offenders are :

1. iPhone/Android monthly subscriptions for different apps.
2. Premium channel subscriptions
3. Gaming/Sports subscriptions
4. Rentals fees from your provider. Tv-box rental fees or router or wire maintenance fees.

Review these and save yourself some money.