NeuBible App

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I would probably be defined as a Bible App-ophile. YouVersion (I guess now it's called the Bible App) has consistently been my favorite, although I find myself using Bible Gateway on desktop. I've still not really gone heavy on hi-lighting and virtual notes. I still prefer my pages.

However, I caught a review the other day through Twitter of NeuBible. I spent the buck ninety-nine to get it, and I really like it. So far, it's the closest thing to reading a page. It really focused on the typography and UI that comes out very close to the experience of reading on paper. Names aren't everything of course, but it was done by a guy who used to design for Apple and he did a great job of going to that simplistic UI that Apple is so very good at. It feels quite native on my six plus.

With that said, it does suffer a bit in that it doesn't have a lot of the modern versions available yet. I have a feeling that with the press this Bible is getting, it will eventually have more. Currently, I am tracking the WEB, ASV, KJV and NASB ($1.99 additional cost). Which, in all honesty, is not a terrible group to choose from, but it would be nice to see NIV, NLT, etc.

Anyone else bought this one?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont have it, but I'm surprised it didn't have NIV or NLT..... Odd....

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I use the built in Samsung Kindle reader on my Note 8, and have the NIV, NASB and HSCB on it. I also downloaded a Google app called the NIV Bible and it works great for a quick read. It is free and the ads are fairly small. I may buy it but for now the free version suits me just fine.

Sorry Hammer I'm not into Apple at all.

DanielGarneau

Apr 19, 2014
Quebec City, Province of Quebec, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I discovered just recently that the full text of the NLT Study Bible was available on-line on a 30-day trial basis. I have been reading many of its introductory articles, and am currently moving through the four gospels. It is a charm to consult on a PC. According to Olive Tree .com there would be a Bible App for it. But many of you probably know all of this already. I am just discovering it now... God bless!