never date a heathen women

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How different might things have been if Israel and Judah had not dated heathen women.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is actually okay to mingle with atheist.

Even marry one if you want that is between you and your partner.

It is amazing how Jesus said if you love me, keep my commands. His commands were these: Mark 12:28-34.

1 Corinthians 7
Concerning Married Life
7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Concerning Change of Status
17 Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them.This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.20 Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person;similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.24 Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

Concerning the Unmarried
25 Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy. 26 Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for a man to remain as he is.27 Are you pledged to a woman? Do not seek to be released. Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife. 28 But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.

29 What I mean, brothers and sisters, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they do not; 30 those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; 31 those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

32 I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. 33 But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— 34 and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. 35 I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

36 If anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strong and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married. 37 But the man who has settled the matter in his own mind, who is under no compulsion but has control over his own will, and who has made up his mind not to marry the virgin—this man also does the right thing. 38 So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does better.

39 A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord. 40 In my judgment, she is happier if she stays as she is—and I think that I too have the Spirit of God.

Reactions: The Learner

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is actually okay to mingle with atheist.Even marry one if you want that is between you and your partner.

The born again are not to marry unbelievers.

2 Corinthians 6:14

They are of their spiritual father and the lusts of their father they will do, they will pursue...., and we are of GOD, who is our spiritual Father that is not of that Spirit that is in them.

See the Problem?

If you want hell on earth, as a marriage license, then marry an unbeliever.
You'll find out.​

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It won't matter according to Paul.

This is stupid to fight over.

Either you believe what Paul wrote or not.

1 Corinthians 7:
12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really depends on the two people.

Do they care about and really love each other to be together?

Of course you have people who like drama, or they have grudges, or hatred, or darkness... that can be a man or a woman.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It won't matter according to Paul.

This is stupid to fight over.

Either you believe what Paul wrote or not.

1 Corinthians 7:
Your interpretation though is out of context.
Scripture also says do not marry unbelievers.
and to marry only in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 7:39
A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

2 Corinthians 6:14-15
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

Jesus said
John 10:35
If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came and the Scripture cannot be broken,

The correct understanding of the verse you're quoting in 1 Cor 7, is to not separate from an unbelieving spouse, not that it is ok to marry them.
So it refers to a spouse becoming a believer, while the other is still unbelieving, they should not separate just because of that. But they can separate for the sake of peace, yet they must remain unmarried to another, or they commit adultery.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
  1. Leviticus 19:19
    ‘You shall keep My statutes. You shall not let your livestock breed with another kind. You shall not sow your field with mixed seed. Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Deuteronomy 22:11
    “You shall not wear a garment of different sorts, such as wool and linen mixed together.
Why would God say these things?
Well, He was teaching a deeper meaning than these given examples used here as illustrations.
Namely His people were not to be mixed together with the world in intimacy.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your interpretation though is out of context.
Scripture also says do not marry unbelievers.
and to marry only in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 7:39
A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

2 Corinthians 6:14-15
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

Jesus said
John 10:35
If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came and the Scripture cannot be broken,

The correct understanding of the verse you're quoting in 1 Cor 7, is to not separate from an unbelieving spouse, not that it is ok to marry them.
So it refers to a spouse becoming a believer, while the other is still unbelieving, they should not separate just because of that. But they can separate for the sake of peace, yet they must remain unmarried to another, or they commit adultery.

Paul wrote all of 1 Corinthians and 2 Corinthians.

Therefore because he wrote about it, it doesn't bother me. It does seem there were comments about how people should only marry Christian women... it's funny because all of us have flaws, and no marriage is ever perfect. Either way it goes, Paul is writing specifically his take on a believer, and unbeliever. Paul also writes its best if people do not get married.

I do not see any written rule, or law, saying I must adhere to only marrying a Christian woman, it seems like a pushed tradition to me personally.

Thank you for your reply Scott.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. Leviticus 19:19
    ‘You shall keep My statutes. You shall not let your livestock breed with another kind. You shall not sow your field with mixed seed. Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you.
  2. Deuteronomy 22:11
    “You shall not wear a garment of different sorts, such as wool and linen mixed together.
Why would God say these things?
Well, He was teaching a deeper meaning than these given examples used here as illustrations.
Namely His people were not to be mixed together with the world in intimacy.
I am guessing those of false religons did those things.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heathen wasn't a bad word before it was made bad by missionaries assailing indigenous Europeans who lived on uncultivated lands, or, on the Heath.

Heath/en=dweller on the heath, one inhabiting uncultivated land.
The word heathen occurs over 140 times in scripture. It simply means ....Gentile.