New Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When you preach the crucified life people always want to know about their death. A Christian is crucified with Christ but nevertheless they live. Can you see that the crucified life has life in it, the only life there is for a believer. So a Christian is not dead but alive, the difference in this life and the old life is; the old life (the old man-death nature- all things passed away death life) has been crucified with Christ on the cross. So the moment you are put in Christ (birthed) you get a new life (resurrected life) in Christ. The term Christ as life or Christ is your only life comes from this verse.

So what is crucified in Christ? the Adamic sin nature. When Christians sin now it has to do with the mind not the spirit as before. The spirit was sin, it was a sinning spirit, the spirit of sin from the original sinner Satan. Humanity are sinners by their nature. That has been the big controversy or lack of understanding since Christianity came into existence. As we looked at previous you must divide soul and spirit or you will not see what your father did the moment you believed. So it is soul sins, sins of the flesh. That term "sins of the flesh" is some what misleading because your flesh is nothing without the soul-mind to operate it. Mind given to body is flesh. You can have Christ in you and take the mind from Christ and give it to body, and you get sins of the flesh. Now you should be glad for the grace of your father to handle you as his child.

So the crucified life is really the preaching of life. The believer see's the death of the old man and the new birth of a new man, Christ in you the hope of glory. Old man out, new man in, simple right, may take all of your born again days for the HolySpirit to get it fixed in you, but there must be a starting place in your understanding of the indwelling Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what is crucified in Christ? the Adamic sin nature. When Christians sin now it has to do with the mind not the spirit as before.

Oh please. What kind of reasoning is this? It is self-justification to think we sin better than non-believers.

But the opposite of what you say is true. Only believers can sin spiritually....as well as carnally. With more faculties comes more ways to sin. Of course we are to walk in the spiritual faculties and if not seek to curtail our exposure to sin in our lifestyles.

So the real issue is lifestyle. Christians tend to avoid sinful situations. THAT is the real difference. The spiritual mumbo-jumbo you are concocting is just that...a man-made construct as a way of spiritualizing a believer into somehow being a "better" sinner. Does that justify us as better sinners? God forbid. There is a provision for forgiveness in our learning to follow Christ and even enter into Him. But one does not do that by dumping more responsibility on others. We are to take full responsibility not only for our sins...but the sins of the world. We are to be living sacrifices that lay down our lives for this world. Our responsibility is to be the light. So the encroaching darkness in the world...is OURS to take responsibility for. Where is the light?

Well maybe our sapiritualizing away responsibility for the state of the world makes us a worse sinner...yes. Just as Jesus said...twice the son of hell as before. So one must realize the danger of sinning against...not just righteousness ...but also holiness. Remember Uzzah...remember the Israelites in the wilderness...remember Ananias and Saphirrra.

The Holy Spirit makes us more responsible for our sins. Hence the fear of God which keeps us on our toes.

We are to be the light. With the gift comes the task. Are we doing our job?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think if I am sinning...how is it that I have died? I understand saying that the life I live in the world I now live by trust, but I can't grasp saying I have died with Christ...