New threat to the power grid. We knew it was coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The substations in North Carolina were intentionally attacked. The vandals knew what they were doing. People shoot at transformers and substation equipment all the time. A few holes in a transformer is a slow leak. Most often bullets bounce off due to the steel wall thickness of the transformer. This time things were different. Items were specifically targeted. If I were still active, I would suggest security cameras to record activity around the substation.

Who did this? Likely a current or former employee. As I said, hunters take foolish actions occasionally. To be intentional requires knowledge of the apparatus.

Do not believe the myth of cyber attacks .....The so called experts spewing this garbage have never been involved in the industry.

I'll give you the gateways to get into one company .....then challenge you to go through the maze to get as far as the corporate offices ....you can never reach a point to shut down a power plant or take generators off line. It can;t be done .....the reason? They are not on the internet ....Yet these fools constantly prove their insanity ....I was on the first Cyber Security Committee ....We made sure that little Johnnie in his underwear in Mommy's Basement had no road to take the system down.

The next myth is that there are five substaions in the country can be taken out and shut the entire grid down ....False ....The last major outage on the east coast was due to tree limbs falling into power lines and creating short cicuits. Because the Protection Relays were not set properly the entire system went into wild impeadeance swings and took the entire eastern seaboard down. All of us spent a lot of time teaching the engineers where they went wrong and how to properly set the relays to keep their neighbor from taking them down ....That was an agreed upon strategy ....."Prevent your neighbor from shutting you down .....this is how you do it." All the major manufacturers carried the same message to the Utilities ....they haven't had a major shut down due to nature since then.

Last edited: