New to Christianity Board

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, my name is Mike and I just joined the board tonight. Up until 2005, I was an Atheist, but converted to Christianity in 2005. My top 3 loves in life are God, family and metal music (hence my name and avatar).

I couldn't find another thread where new people can introduce themselves, so I made my own thread to introduce myself if that's okay.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello, my name is Mike and I just joined the board tonight. Up until 2005, I was an Atheist, but converted to Christianity in 2005. My top 3 loves in life are God, family and metal music (hence my name and avatar).

I couldn't find another thread where new people can introduce themselves, so I made my own thread to introduce myself if that's okay.

Hello there Mike.

Hope you can find you way around. :)

Welcome.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Greetings!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
welcome metal Mike!!!! Do you like Skillet! Don't listen to much metal, but I sort of like this one. And you are doing it right. You get your own thread here. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MetalMike

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wpurpose.wrlcome metal Mike!!!! Do you like Skillet! Don't listen to much metal, but I sort of like this one. And you are doing it right. You get your own thread here. :)

Thanks, Mayflower! I'm not really into Skillet that much. But when it comes to Christian metal bands, I do enjoy Pillar, P.O.D., Fit For A King and For Today.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Mayflower! I'm not really into Skillet that much. But when it comes to Christian metal bands, I do enjoy Pillar, P.O.D., Fit For A King and For Today.

Well cool! I'll have to youtube it and check it out. I'm more into Natalie Grant and Nicole Nordeman, things on contemporary Christian radio. But I love checking out bands when I hear about them!

Reactions: MetalMike

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well cool! I'll have to youtube it and check it out. I'm more into Natalie Grant and Nicole Nordeman, things on contemporary Christian radio. But I love checking out bands when I hear about them!

Fit For A King and For Today may be a bit hardcore for your tastes. They're very heavy, and the lyrics show that they are quite bold in their faith (huge plus!!). For Today broke up a couple of years ago. Their guitarist left the band so that he and his wife could do missionary work in the Middle East. Pillar and P.O.D. are more hard rock than metal.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Welcome to C Board Mike. :) I do like P.O.D.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi, you should post the human guitar for him. :)

And welcome to the forum!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Hi; good to see you.

PS: Did you see my link to Disciple's 'Radical'?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't it you who posted the man who did an electric guitar solo with his voice? I may be confusing you with someone else....

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wasn't it you who posted the man who did an electric guitar solo with his voice? I may be confusing you with someone else....

OK on facebook. But that was just a rock guitar. Heavy metal happens when you take rock and play it through blown speakers...at least that's what I've been told. ;)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lets see if this works. Keep watching until the man stands up. Truly amazing.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK on facebook. But that was just a rock guitar. Heavy metal happens when you take rock and play it through blown speakers...at least that's what I've been told. ;)

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought it was heavy metal. Haha. But regardless, that man is amazing!