New Translation! CHAP 3. Book of Matthew. Critical opinions?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
I am a Bible translator, and have been working on the book of Matthew for sometime now. I am posting chapter per chapter (as I get them done) to get your feedback on things you don't like, and things you do.
I have been helped greatly by you on this forum, and I thank you for it.
May the grace, love, and mercy of our Lord be in you always. -JM

CHAP 3
1 During those days John the Baptist arrived, and preached in the desert of Judæa,

2 saying: Return to God in atonement! For Heaven's Kingdom approaches. {Isa. 53:6}

3 For this is he of whom the Prophet Isaiah spoke, saying: The voice of one shouting in the desert, is: Prepare ye the passage of our Lord, make his trails smooth.

4 And the said John was wearing a vestment from the guard-hairs of Camels, and a fur sash around his waist; and his meat was grasshoppers, and honeycomb.

5 Thereupon Jerusalem, and all Judæa, and all inhabitants compassing the Jordan {Mat. 14:5} were flowing out to him; {Exo 1:22}

6 and were being washed by him in the Jordan River {Exo 40:12}, confessing their guilt. {Num. 5:7}

7 Now when he saw many of the Pharisees, and Sadducee, come to his Baptism, he said unto them: O ye family of Vipers, who hath foretold you, that ye shall escape from the coming Vengeance? {Deu. 32:35}

8 Serve henceforth, the fruits akin to lovingkindness; {Psa 51:1}

9 and do not ye pride within yourselves to say: We have Abraham as our father; for I say unto you, that God is able to resurrect the sons of Abraham from those tombstones. {Gen. 49:31}

10 For now, an ax is cradled upon the foot of the trees; thus every tree, not yielding good fruit, shall be decapitated, and plunged into fire. {2 Kin. 10:7}

11 I myself plunge you in water, for thy penance; however one is coming to succeed me, he transcends me, of whose sandals I am unsuited to have {Rut. 4:7}; he shall Baptiste you into the sacred SPIRIT, and with a Flame. {Isa. 4:4}

12 His winnower is in his hand {Psa. 31:5}; and he will perfectly clean his threshingfloor {2 Sam. 24:21}; and he shall sweep his wheat up into his apothecaries {Psa. 31:20}, but will set ablaze the bales with a fire that never goes out. {Psa. 31:17}

13 Then cometh JESUS from Galilee into the Jordan River {Exo 2:5}, unto John, to be Baptized of him. {2Chr. 4:6}

14 But John held him, saying: I 'm in need to be Christened of thee! And comest thou to me? {Lev 16:24}

15 And JESUS answering, said unto him: Forsake me this hour {1Chr 28:20}, for this adorns us to implement all justice {Mat 27:46}. Then John lowered him {Lev. 16:21}.

16 But when he was baptized, Jesus straightway sprung out from the water; and behold! the heavens were opened up to him. And John beheld the SPIRIT of God
flying down as a Dove {Gen 8:12}, and resting upon him {Isaiah 11:1}.

17 And lo! a voice out of the heavens, saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
I am a Bible translator, and have been working on the book of Matthew for sometime now. I am posting chapter per chapter (as I get them done) to get your feedback on things you don't like, and things you do.
I have been helped greatly by you on this forum, and I thank you for it.
May the grace, love, and mercy of our Lord be in you always. -JM

CHAP 3
1 During those days John the Baptist arrived, and preached in the desert of Judæa,

2 saying: Return to God in atonement! For Heaven's Kingdom approaches. {Isa. 53:6}

3 For this is he, of whom the Prophet Isaiah spoke of, saying: The voice of one harrowing in the desert, is: Prepare ye the passage of our Lord, make his trails smooth.

4 And the said John was wearing a vestment from the guard-hairs of Camels, and a fur sash around his waist; and his meat was grasshoppers, and honeycomb.

5 Thereupon Jerusalem, and all Judæa, and all inhabitants compassing the Jordan {Mat. 14:5} were flowing out to him; {Exo 1:22}

6 and were being washed by him in the Jordan River {Exo 40:12}, confessing their guilt. {Num. 5:7}

7 Now when he saw many of the Pharisees, and Sadducee, come to his Baptism, he said unto them: O ye family of Vipers, who hath foretold you, that ye shall escape from the coming Vengeance? {Deu. 32:35}

8 Serve henceforth, the fruits akin to lovingkindness; {Psa 51:1}

9 and do not ye pride within yourselves to say: We have Abraham as our father; for I say unto you, that God is able to resurrect the sons of Abraham from those tombstones. {Gen. 49:31}

10 For now, an ax is cradled upon the foot of the trees; thus every tree, not yielding good fruit, shall be decapitated, and plunged into fire. {2 Kin. 10:7}

11 I myself plunge you in water, for thy penance; however one is coming to succeed me, he transcends me, of whose sandals I am unsuited to have {Rut. 4:7}; he shall Baptiste you into the sacred SPIRIT, and with a Flame. {Isa. 4:4}

12 His winnower is in his hand {Psa. 31:5}; and he will perfectly clean his threshingfloor {2 Sam. 24:21}; and he shall sweep his wheat up into his apothecaries {Psa. 31:20}, but will set ablaze the bales with a fire that never goes out. {Psa. 31:17}

13 Then cometh JESUS from Galilee into the Jordan River {Exo 2:5}, unto John, to be Baptized of him. {2Chr. 4:6}

14 But John held him, saying: I 'm in need to be Christened of thee! And comest thou to me? {Lev 16:24}

15 And JESUS answering, said unto him: Forsake me this hour {1Chr 28:20}, for this adorns us to implement all justice {Mat 27:46}. Then John lowered him {Lev. 16:21}.

16 But when he was baptized, Jesus straightway sprung out from the water; and behold! the heavens were opened up to him. And John beheld the SPIRIT of God
flying down as a Dove {Gen 8:12}, and resting upon him {Isaiah 11:1}.

17 And lo! a voice out of the heavens, saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Still anticipating chap 4 Jim. Keep up the good work sir.

Reactions: James Macbeth