new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I ask you in this new thread: what do you believe about the new version of OSAS?

The version that says that if you stop believing, you even continue to be saved?

Last edited by a moderator:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2:11-16 KJV
11) It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12) If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13) If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
14) Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16) But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen and HisLife

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953, I asked you this question in a different thread; however that thread was closed.

So, I ask you in this new thread: what do you believe about the new version of OSAS?

The version that says that if you stop believing, you even continue to be saved?

Salutations JBF,
You are not going to resolve anything with these guys.
You are only giving them a forum to promote their heresy.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953, I asked you this question in a different thread; however that thread was closed.

Salutations JBF,
You are not going to resolve anything with these guys.
You are only giving them a forum to promote their heresy.

if you stop believing,were you ever really saved?

Reactions: ScottA and APAK

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says=====
John 14:1
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.”

Reactions: Helen

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is hilarious! You think that heaven will be full of all sorts of evildoers? What is hell for? Where is God and good people suppose to go? OSAS is an evil heresy!

Jesus is speaking to His believing followers.
Jesus says=====
John 14:1
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.”

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is hilarious! You think that heaven will be full of all sorts of evildoers? What is hell for? Where is God and good people suppose to go? OSAS is an evil heresy!
What do you think salvation is if not rescue from sin?

Do you think that if you keep sinning you don't remain saved?

Who does not sin? I think you mean, sin too much, but that would be as if to say, some sin is OK? I know that can't be what you think, but that's the logic of the position.

God won't accept sin in His presence, so either He's cleansed us from sin like He said, or ain't none of us gonna be there.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you stop believing,were you ever really saved?
According to the parable of the sower, persecutions show when the person "received the word with joy", but "had no root in themself", as they fall away.

And according to Peter, persecutions show when the person's faith is genuine, as endurance is the proof of a genuine faith.

So no, belief that doesn't last is not a saving faith.

Much love!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the parable of the sower, persecutions show when the person "received the word with joy", but "had no root in themself", as they fall away.

And according to Peter, persecutions show when the person's faith is genuine, as endurance is the proof of a genuine faith.

Much love!
Amen! Shallow, temporary belief that has no root, produces no fruit and withers away is not saving faith.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think salvation is if not rescue from sin?

Do you think that if you keep sinning you don't remain saved?

Who does not sin? I think you mean, sin too much, but that would be as if to say, some sin is OK? I know that can't be what you think, but that's the logic of the position.

God won't accept sin in His presence, so either He's cleansed us from sin like He said, or ain't none of us gonna be there.

Much love!
Repent from this heresy

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

What do you think he shed his Blood for? Jesus came into the world to Save Sinners

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Heresy has had enough air time.
Repent!

Why such a reaction to someone quoting scripture, I have seen you multiple times brush off basic fundamental Bible concepts like you have never heard them before, Have you considered Repenting and trying to learn

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Too many people have dirtied to many sacred scriptures on you and your coven. Repent.

I'm doing 360s here, you gave me a lot to think about....I reckon all you need is a few days Of Verses about The Love of God, Forgiveness, Grace

Lets start with Matthew 11:29

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Isn't that Nice how does that make you feel?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm doing 360s here, you gave me a lot to think about....I reckon all you need is a few days Of Verses about The Love of God, Forgiveness, Grace

Lets start with Matthew 11:29

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Isn't that Nice how does that make you feel?
The proof is in the pudding. If so Great!
Luke 15:7
I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Much love!
A person who believed, but not any more is a backslider.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repent from this heresy
There is no heresy in saying that God is holy, and without holiness, no one will see God. Do you cheapen holiness as if it were something men can garner to themselves like collecting stamps? As if by our self effort we can make ourselves sufficiently holy to see God?

I don't think you do.

Much love!