NFL Joins Forces with Homosexual Elites to Discriminate Against Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
NFL Joins Forces with Homosexual Elites to Discriminate Against Christians

MADISON, Wis., March 21, 2016 /Christian Newswire/
The NFL is coming against the state of Georgia for potentially passing a bill that would protect Christians who do not support gay marriage. The NFL is joined by the NBA and NCAA.

The NFL is threatening to move a potential Super Bowl from Georgia to another state if the bill is passed. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy and Atlanta Falcon's owner Arthur Blank are trying to stop House Bill 757 that would protect Christians.

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/6696777597.html

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
This bill basically legalizes discrimination against gays. IMO, Christians should not be in favor of institutional discrimination against anyone.

And just what is a "homosexual elite"? Looks like little more than a mash-up of two right-wing buzzwords.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This bill basically legalizes discrimination against gays. IMO, Christians should not be in favor of institutional discrimination against anyone.
2015-2016 Regular Session - HB 757
Domestic relations; religious officials shall not be required to perform marriage ceremonies in violation of their legal right; provide

First Reader Summary
A BILL TO BE ENTITLED AN ACT 1 To protect religious freedoms; to provide for defenses and relief related thereto; to amend 2 Chapter 3 of Title 19 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to marriage 3 generally, so as to provide that religious officials shall not be required to perform marriage 4 ceremonies, perform rites, or administer sacraments in violation of their legal right to free 5 exercise of religion; to provide that no individual shall be required to attend the 6 solemnization of a marriage, performance of rites, or administration of sacraments in 7 violation of their legal right to free exercise of religion; to amend Chapter 1 of Title 10 of the 8 Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to selling and other trade practices, so as to 9 change certain provisions relating to days of rest for employees of business and industry; to 10 protect property owners which are faith based organizations against infringement of religious 11 freedom; to protect certain providers of services against infringement of religious freedom; 12 to amend Chapter 1 of Title 34 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to labor 13 and industrial relations generally, so as to provide that faith based organizations shall not be 14 required to hire or retain certain persons as employees; to amend Title 50 of the Official 15 Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to state government, so as to provide for the 16 preservation of religious freedom; to provide for the granting of relief; to provide for waiver 17 of sovereign immunity under certain circumstances; to provide for definitions; to provide for 18 ante litem notices; to provide a short title; to provide for related matters; to provide for an 19 effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes. 20 BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF GEORGIA:

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I don't know what this means by protecting Christians who do not support gay marriage? How is it possible for Christians to be discriminated against when it comes to their belief that gay marriage is not in accordance with God's will? Seems the NFL has a whole lot of extra money in its kitty and is looking for a way to get rid of it? No citizen should ever be discriminated against for any belief they hold whether it is pro-gay or anti-gay. As Citizen and human rights is a federal matter I really can't see what the state of Georgia is hoping to accomplish?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Congratulations to the state of Georgia for trying to protect Christian people who refuse to perform and condone same sex unions, and to cater to the homosexual community....God bless them in there efforts protect these Christians against reprisals and the heavy hand of Government forcing them to go against their conscience.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
From the bill:

"so as to provide that religious officials shall not be required to perform marriage"
Unnecessary, as religious institutions are already exempt.

to provide that no individual shall be required to attend
Is this actually happening (people are being forced to attend weddings), or is this a solution in search of a problem?

Most of the rest is about "faith-based organizations", which the bill defines as "a church, a religious school, an association or 81 convention of churches, a convention mission agency, or an integrated auxiliary of a 82 church or convention or association of churches, when such entity is qualified as an 83 exempt religious organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 84 1986, as amended", which again are already protected under existing law.

So I guess I stand corrected. This bill isn't about discrimination against gays, it's more accurately described as an unnecessary law that seeks to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Where you been the last few years, as America and the West slide into homosexuality/sodomy trap...from a country based on God fearing principles to a Sodom...big leap....Christians are soon to be "in the closet"....when the government can rule you must go against your Christian beliefs and cater to the homosexual/sodomizer community, as is happening now, then what have you got? You got less than 2 percent of the populations dictating to the other 98 percent...sound alright with you? Obviously it does!

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
heretoeternity said:
Where you been the last few years,
**looks around** Right here. Do you have any actual examples of cases this bill would solve?

Christians are soon to be "in the closet"....when the government can rule you must go against your Christian beliefs and cater to the homosexual/sodomizer community, as is happening now, then what have you got? You got less than 2 percent of the populations dictating to the other 98 percent...sound alright with you? Obviously it does!
That's some interesting rhetoric, but where are the actual....you know...real-world problems that this bill would fix?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River Jordan said:

And just what is a "homosexual elite"? Looks like little more than a mash-up of two right-wing buzzwords.
Just as the harmful, risky behavior of a cocaine addicted prostitute compels you to exercise your right to exclude such a person as someone to whom you want your children exposed, Christians have the right to discriminate against the same harmful, risky, Biblically unsanctioned lifestyle of homosexuality for the same reason, regardless of what the Supreme Court says.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Phoneman777 said:
Just as the harmful, risky behavior of a cocaine addicted prostitute compels you to exercise your right to exclude such a person as someone to whom you want your children exposed, Christians have the right to discriminate against the same harmful, risky, Biblically unsanctioned lifestyle of homosexuality for the same reason, regardless of what the Supreme Court says.
And we wonder why young people are flooding the church exits. <_<

Here is a video of Masha Gessen, one such homosexual elitest.
And what makes her an "elite"?

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River Jordan said:
**looks around** Right here. Do you have any actual examples of cases this bill would solve?

That's some interesting rhetoric, but where are the actual....you know...real-world problems that this bill would fix?
Well, here is an example of that issue being pushed immediately following the Supreme Court decision.

http://nbc.com.co/christian-pastor-in-vermont-sentenced-to-one-year-in-prison-after-refusing-to-marry-gay-couple/

The ministry is also registered as a for-profit business, as well as a non-profit ministry, so that was their open door. The point is this. There are malicious people out there who want to cause the church to crumble. Even if they wouldn't win a court case against a non-profit church, the costs involved could shut a small church down. A small church could possibly win a court case, but still have to shut its doors because of the legal fees involved. Hearing some of the words that come out of people's mouths on this topic just shows me that any law that protects the rights of ministers would not be worthless.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
forrestcupp said:
Well, here is an example of that issue being pushed immediately following the Supreme Court decision.

http://nbc.com.co/christian-pastor-in-vermont-sentenced-to-one-year-in-prison-after-refusing-to-marry-gay-couple/

The ministry is also registered as a for-profit business, as well as a non-profit ministry, so that was their open door.
IOW, it's not an example of a church pastor being forced to marry a same-sex couple, nor is it a case that the GA bill would address. So we're still without a case that the bill would solve.

The point is this. There are malicious people out there who want to cause the church to crumble. Even if they wouldn't win a court case against a non-profit church, the costs involved could shut a small church down. A small church could possibly win a court case, but still have to shut its doors because of the legal fees involved. Hearing some of the words that come out of people's mouths on this topic just shows me that any law that protects the rights of ministers would not be worthless.
That's nothing but baseless speculation. If you don't have any actual evidence or examples, just say so.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River Jordan said:
And we wonder why young people are flooding the church exits. <_<

And what makes her an "elite"?
Jesus preached against immorality and the crucified Him for it. Do you expect that the preaching of truth today will have any different a reception?

Do not Ms. Gessen and the rest of her godless ilk fashion themselves as "elites" - possessing intellect and ideas far above the ignorant masses, most pathetic being the Christian fundamentalists, and believe themselves and their work as absolutely critical to the preservation and advancement of a civilization which for too long has been brought time and time again almost over the brink of destruction by these same fundamentalists? Yes, she is definitely an elitist.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Phoneman777 said:
Jesus preached against immorality and the crucified Him for it.
No, he was crucified because he claimed to be the Son of God, which violated Jewish law. You didn't know that?

Do you expect that the preaching of truth today will have any different a reception?
I don't recall Jesus telling his followers that they should discriminate against sinners in their businesses. Did I miss that part?

Do not Ms. Gessen and the rest of her godless ilk fashion themselves as "elites" - possessing intellect and ideas far above the ignorant masses, most pathetic being the Christian fundamentalists, and believe themselves and their work as absolutely critical to the preservation and advancement of a civilization which for too long has been brought time and time again almost over the brink of destruction by these same fundamentalists? Yes, she is definitely an elitist.
So is it everyone who thinks they have good ideas that you classify as "elitist", or is it just those with whom you disagree? :huh:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River Jordan said:
No, he was crucified because he claimed to be the Son of God, which violated Jewish law. You didn't know that?

I don't recall Jesus telling his followers that they should discriminate against sinners in their businesses. Did I miss that part?

So is it everyone who thinks they have good ideas that you classify as "elitist", or is it just those with whom you disagree? :huh:
RJ, I appreciate your passionate defense of what God calls an abomination. Why don't you hop a plane to an Islamic country and lead a protest against the popular Islamic practice of hurling men convicted of the crime of homosexuality to their deaths from rooftops, and let someone else help advance the homosexual agenda over here while you start one over there?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River Jordan said:

"And have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather rebuke them." Ephesians 5:11 KJV. We are not helping the gay community to find Christ and leave that abominable lifestyle behind by championing efforts to force Christians to condone it as normal and support it financially.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River Jordan said:
IOW, it's not an example of a church pastor being forced to marry a same-sex couple, nor is it a case that the GA bill would address. So we're still without a case that the bill would solve.

That's nothing but baseless speculation. If you don't have any actual evidence or examples, just say so.
My evidence is anecdotal, which wouldn't be sufficient for someone like you. But I have heard malicious homosexuals say that they will push this issue just to advance their cause. So you really don't see the wisdom in putting protections in place before something like that happens? Like I said before, they wouldn't even have to win a court case to cause a small church to have to shut their doors because they can't afford court costs. If we wait until there are a plethora of examples out there to satisfy you, it will be too late.

I almost got my head crushed by a robot in a factory once, and they put a fence up because of that. It would have been nice for me if they would have thought about safety ahead of time and already had that fence up.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Phoneman777 said:
RJ, I appreciate your passionate defense of what God calls an abomination. Why don't you hop a plane to an Islamic country and lead a protest against the popular Islamic practice of hurling men convicted of the crime of homosexuality to their deaths from rooftops, and let someone else help advance the homosexual agenda over here while you start one over there?
Wow. So you are totally incapable of understanding the difference between treating gays no differently than other sinners, and being a gay advocate? I guess that explains a lot.

We are not helping the gay community to find Christ and leave that abominable lifestyle behind by championing efforts to force Christians to condone it as normal and support it financially.
Except no one here has suggested anything of the sort. But I can see that you've allowed your hatred to dominate whatever "thinking" was going on in your head, so I'll just thank you for your time.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
forrestcupp said:
My evidence is anecdotal, which wouldn't be sufficient for someone like you. But I have heard malicious homosexuals say that they will push this issue just to advance their cause.
They can try and push it, but they won't get anywhere.

So you really don't see the wisdom in putting protections in place before something like that happens?
You don't understand...those protections are already in place. Religious institutions are already exempt from non-discrimination laws.

Like I said before, they wouldn't even have to win a court case to cause a small church to have to shut their doors because they can't afford court costs. If we wait until there are a plethora of examples out there to satisfy you, it will be too late.
That's not how it works. Any such case would be thrown out before it ever got that far.