Nightmares/Lack of Sleep

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been having some dreams that I believe are spiritually influenced and not by God.

They tend to be about people from my past and last night it was one about being stalked/watched. It made me jump and woke me out of a dead sleep at 3 in the morning or so. It wasn't violent. It was just scary. I am so tired.

I haven't been getting enough rest and I have a lot of things I need to tend to.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been having some dreams that I believe are spiritually influenced and not by God.

They tend to be about people from my past and last night it was one about being stalked/watched. It made me jump and woke me out of a dead sleep at 3 in the morning or so. It wasn't violent. It was just scary. I am so tired.

I haven't been getting enough rest and I have a lot of things I need to tend to.

Sorry to hear you are not sleeping soundly. I pray for you sister Fluffy that you will have His peace and know He is watching over you all the time :)
Who even knows if your dream was a warning of sorts?
God Bless and keep you sister.
nancy

@Hidden In Him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@FluffyYellowDuck I think that bedtime reading of chapters such as John 14.1-27 and Psalm 46, done prayerfully, can have a good effect on the mind and heart so that when we slip into sleep these peaceable influences can have their effect. When we wake, we know that what abides is the truth of what we have prayerfully read, rather than anything else which may have come to mind.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey, Fluffy!

If you are certain the dreams are coming from the enemy, what you do is bind them from sending such dreams in the name of Jesus Christ. Just say a simple prayer to the Lord, asking Him to protect you from being given demonic dreams, and after asking Him to protect you (which essentially constitutes loosing), speak the following, "Any demons who might be trying to give me nightmares, I bind you in the name of Jesus Christ. I claim His protection over my life and over my sleep, and by His grace and protection I will sleep soundly."

Easy as that. Demons know the implications of a believer speaking a prayer like that in faith, because the angels of God will back it up. And we are not to simply be victims of whatever the enemy wants to do with us, nor should we be running to the psychiatrist every time something like this happens, as if we were spiritually powerless. It is simply a matter of appropriating the rights we have to spiritual protection in Christ Jesus, and standing in faith that God will uphold them on our behalf.

God bless,
- H

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear you are not sleeping soundly. I pray for you sister Fluffy that you will have His peace and know He is watching over you all the time :)
Who even knows if your dream was a warning of sorts?
God Bless and keep you sister.
nancy

@Hidden In Him

@FluffyYellowDuck. If you eventually come to believe they might actually be from God (even though scary), feel free to send them to me in private, or post them publicly. I interpret dreams, and might be able to help you figure out what they mean.

God bless,
- H

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You know the trick to beating scary nightmares,.. just think of a way to make it funny. Like in this case this song and commercial came to mind. :p

Praying for you dear sister and *hugs.* :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I've had these weird dreams before and I always know what they're from. I can discern it right away, but I definitely don't believe that one was from God because "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."

I've gone through several attacks over the years, even the paralysis type, and that's the first time it's actually *seriously* scared me. I try not to get into it too much because of Matthew 12:43–45.

I think the dream was mocking it. The dream was that I was outside and something told me to go inside quickly even though I couldnt' see anything. When I did, I shut the door, and the door handle started turning. For some reason my mom (also recovered) was with me in the room and I was trying to warn her we were being threatened.

So that's all I think it was. Just a silly threat and trying to make me paranoid.

The threats of the devil are as empty as Christ's grave.

@April_Rose hehe, thank you for the giggles btw ;)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
fall-of-satan.jpg

Reactions: DuckieLady

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In 2004, after it looked like I'd lost everything, including hope, God said to me, "Everything's going to be alright."
I was desperate, so I believed Him.
He was right! :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think he means losing earthly things that will pass away anyway and stocking up on some of those eternal kingdom goods:)

and/or spiritual goods
@FluffyYellowDuck I do love Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 4.16b-18:

"...though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck I do love Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 4.16b-18:

"...though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

MAN I just finished my work out and I'm all pumped up so reading this passage felt lot more intense than usual when I got back and read it.

WhOOoooooooooooo

Reactions: Truman and farouk