NO conflict science and the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mar 30, 2020
Arlington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=rVEJNRDsIL0

What can we deduce logically with regards to how life in general, and man in particular have gotten here? Remember that man has free will and that entails certain ramifications necessary to prevent undue influence of that free will. If the six days of restoration were literal, then evidence of man would suddenly appear in the fossil record starting in 4004 B.C. Any supernatural creation per se would leave unmistakable evidence of its occurrence, thus interfering with free will. We should expect that God used a "natural," progressive means of forming man. If the Bible is the Word of God, then science cannot help but substantiate its validity- there should be no actual conflict between the two. Such a means implies a process, unlike that of Genesis 1:1. Is this process, illustrated in the account of the six days, an evolutionary one? Perhaps the tale of the Garden of Eden is not mythological in origin; perhaps it is an allegorical rendition of an actual occurrence, a natural, evolutionary phenomenon.145 The biblical authors had of course no formalized notion of evolution. Unmistakably, however, their description is, in its way, an essentially evolutionary development. 146 And Jehovah God formed man of the dust (Hebrew: clay) of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath (spirit) of life; and man became a living soul. (Gen. 2:7)

Reactions: MattMooradian

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Any supernatural creation per se would leave unmistakable evidence of its occurrence,

What scientific example of supernatural creation does s hence have so they know what they are looking for?
If the Bible is the Word of God

If the bible is the word of God? What word of God would you have us read then?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe Jesus.

(or believe wicked society)

Which one saves ?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ OP

What do you mean by restoration? It sounds like you read a book from some source, and trying to get it to fit into Genesis.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The problem is that you assume there is a conflict between true science and the biblical record. There isn't. Furthermore, many scientists assume the world is the same today as it was pre-flood and pre-fall. It isn't.
True science is what can be shown through the scientific method. Any theory that cannot be established through the scientific method involving direct observation, testing, replication, remains guesswork and part of a belief system.

We can see through the Hubble telescope how a star turns into a supernova, so that is true science because it can be observed. But a star being born has never been seen through a telescope, and the only image of one is just a mere computer simulation and nothing more, so it cannot be a science, but a guess.

The Big Bang is not scientific because no one was there to see it happen to be able to study it and its characteristics. But science tells us through observation and study of explosions and the effects of them, that they can only produce chaos and disorder.

So there is a lot that science can tell us about how the universe functions and its characteristics, through observation, but science can't tell us about its origin because it was not observed, except by the Person who made it all happen.

Reactions: MattMooradian

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True science is what can be shown through the scientific method. Any theory that cannot be established through the scientific method involving direct observation, testing, replication, remains guesswork and part of a belief system.

We can see through the Hubble telescope how a star turns into a supernova, so that is true science because it can be observed. But a star being born has never been seen through a telescope, and the only image of one is just a mere computer simulation and nothing more, so it cannot be a science, but a guess.

The Big Bang is not scientific because no one was there to see it happen to be able to study it and its characteristics. But science tells us through observation and study of explosions and the effects of them, that they can only produce chaos and disorder.

So there is a lot that science can tell us about how the universe functions and its characteristics, through observation, but science can't tell us about its origin because it was not observed, except by the Person who made it all happen.
Exactly

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Antoine Bechamp (truth, simple, verified worldwide, testable) vs Louis Pasteur (liar, profiteer)

The beginning of the end for 'truth' as 'science' /medicine from then on became and remains controlled by profits.
The truth discarded, blacklisted, dismissed, forbidden.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will the true science please stand up.

The true falicy argument that I have no clue how to explain.

If science supports the Bible it is true, because a falsehood cannot. Nor can the Bible support a false fact.

In studying 2 Thessalonians 2, a truth was discovered about an ongoing deception started by Satan even before the NT. It is so ingrained in humanity that even the elect are taught it in school and cannot rid it from their thoughts. They may not question the blatant contradictions to the Bible, but put it out of their mind and go on with their life.

As mentioned above, science itself is not against God. Some fields of science do not contradict the Bible.

However science today has gotten to the point where science proclaims reality that is just not true. It is virtual in our minds and we learn it in school and we see this earth in a way that is not real but virtual. In fact it is a huge virtual reality that Satan has cultivated in the hearts and minds of every single human on earth.

The universe and earth and the billions of years, and all the evolutionary thought processes, yes this reality that we think is real is all just virtual. It contradicts the very foundation of the beginning given to us by God in Genesis 1.

It is not sin. It is not even wrong. The problem is that it is not the truth. The sin is that it can cause us to worship creation instead of the Creator. That is the deception that Satan has given to us, to keep us from God.

No this is not something one can just forget and change overnight. The mind will fight tooth and nail because the deceit is so ingrained in our lives. It may never be removed. But it is the only truth that can refute all the contradictions between what we are taught and what the Bible teaches.

Not sure why humans are so set in getting to the point they accept a virtual reality that will remove them from the consequences of evil choices, when they have been living in a viritual reality already, that has not removed such consequences. Such knowledge of good and evil, where evil seems to be the only result, no matter how good we are, will only be removed at the end of Adam's punishment of 6000 years.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Will the true science please stand up.

The true falicy argument that I have no clue how to explain.

If science supports the Bible it is true, because a falsehood cannot. Nor can the Bible support a false fact.

In studying 2 Thessalonians 2, a truth was discovered about an ongoing deception started by Satan even before the NT. It is so ingrained in humanity that even the elect are taught it in school and cannot rid it from their thoughts. They may not question the blatant contradictions to the Bible, but put it out of their mind and go on with their life.

As mentioned above, science itself is not against God. Some fields of science do not contradict the Bible.

However science today has gotten to the point where science proclaims reality that is just not true. It is virtual in our minds and we learn it in school and we see this earth in a way that is not real but virtual. In fact it is a huge virtual reality that Satan has cultivated in the hearts and minds of every single human on earth.

The universe and earth and the billions of years, and all the evolutionary thought processes, yes this reality that we think is real is all just virtual. It contradicts the very foundation of the beginning given to us by God in Genesis 1.

It is not sin. It is not even wrong. The problem is that it is not the truth. The sin is that it can cause us to worship creation instead of the Creator. That is the deception that Satan has given to us, to keep us from God.

No this is not something one can just forget and change overnight. The mind will fight tooth and nail because the deceit is so ingrained in our lives. It may never be removed. But it is the only truth that can refute all the contradictions between what we are taught and what the Bible teaches.

Not sure why humans are so set in getting to the point they accept a virtual reality that will remove them from the consequences of evil choices, when they have been living in a viritual reality already, that has not removed such consequences. Such knowledge of good and evil, where evil seems to be the only result, no matter how good we are, will only be removed at the end of Adam's punishment of 6000 years.
The only science that is truly scientific is the one that establishes a scientific fact by the scientific method. I will leave it to you to Google it to find out what it is.

Reactions: reformed1689

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So ignore God and use Google instead.
Let God be true, and every man a liar.

If you think this delusion of Satan can be done away with just using Google to understand what science is, that is a sad mistake.

Perhaps if you think the Bible is wrong, and science cannot be, can you ever find the truth?

I am not judging you. I am trying to figure out why you quote me, and then tell me to Google.

This forum does not make one quote another post to state one's opinion.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you think this delusion of Satan can be done away with just using Google to understand what science is, that is a sad mistake.

Perhaps if you think the Bible is wrong, and science cannot be, can you ever find the truth?

I am not judging you. I am trying to figure out why you quote me, and then tell me to Google.

I think his point is that Science cannot explain origins since it cannot be tested, observed, and repeated.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if someone quotes another's post, whose post is not their own but a quote of someone else, who had quoted a different post, to show the point that someone else was trying to make from a quote that was not their own, and did not quote the one whose point it was ?

:)

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

All Google is - is an online library where you can look up anything. Before the internet, I used to go to the library to research anything I needed, but when I discovered Google, it made finding information much easier.

I just concluded that your fingers on the keyboard are just as good as mine, and if you really wanted the answer you would make the effort to look it up yourself, like I do.

But maybe not...