No Credit Nor Glory to the Holy Ghost, But to the Son

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is sometimes called "The Helper".
Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Heb 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Thank you for sharing, but some things you have said does need clarification as well as correction to stand further apart from apostasy in these latter days where believers put too much emphasis on the Holy Spirit when the indwelling Holy Spirit would put the spotlight solely on Jesus Christ.

Matthew 7:7 is about knocking at the door of Jesus Christ for salvation as that is when one receives the promise from the Father, the Holy Spirit, where one need not ask for the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation. When we cross reference to Luke 11:9-13, we can see that truth in His words.

Luke 9:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

That is the message in His words where those who had received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father at their salvation at the calling of the gospel, will not need to ask for Him again unless they make the Father look evil as if He did not give the Holy Spirit as promised the first time at their salvation.

Hebrews 4:16 should be applied to the Son at that throne of grace since He is the Word of God that searches our hearts of Whom we have to answer to.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

So when it comes to prayer, all scripture in the KJV points to Jesus Christ as the only way to approach God the Father in prayer by. Here's why.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.... 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Jesus is pretty specific about that being the will of the Father.

The Holy Spirit is involved BUT the credit and glory goes to the Son for the answers of prayers and all that the Spirit does in ministry.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

All the words of the Holy Spirit, the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and the fruits of the Holy Spirit comes from Jesus Christ, the author & finisher of our faith.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:... 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 13:6 should also be applied to Jesus Christ, Our Good Shepherd.

It is by recognizing that Jesus Christ is Our Good Shepherd and Our Helper through the Holy Spirit in us, we can rest in Him in the New Covenant and all His promises to us that He will help us to follow Him.

So do what the Holy Spirit has been sent to do in leading us to do the same and that is to testify of the Son to glorify the Son in all things since He can only do that thru us.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:14 He shall glorify me:...

That has to include worship for where the spotlight on the Son is supposed to be to the glory of God the Father. When we stop honoring the Son, we are not led by the Spirit to do that because that is when we are not honoring the Father. Honoring only the Son in worship is how we are led by the Spirit to honor the Father in seeking His glory by the glory of the Son.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 13:31 Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No Credit Nor Glory to the Holy Ghost, But to the Son
The title of this thread is not only misleading but unscriptural. We need to be extremely careful in what we say, since many unlearned and many unbelievers read these posts.

The Holy Spirit is GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT. While the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to direct attention to the Son, that does not mean that no credit and no glory belongs to the Holy Ghost. Indeed it is the work of the Holy Spirit to (1) bring sinners to the Savior and (2) produce in saints the fruits of the Spirit, so that they resemble Christ.
Actually the ministry of the Holy Spirit is critical and vital to both saints and sinners. We could go into this in great detail, but that is for another thread.