NO Dual Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that the Gospel preached to Abraham is the same Gospel we in Christ Jesus have believed? This is what Apostle Paul taught in Galatians 3.

Gal 3:2-7
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
KJV

That shows The Gospel of Jesus Christ had an origin all the way... back in the Old Testament. Are we "of faith" like Abraham? Yes! Thus Paul deems us as "the children of Abraham", because of Abraham's Faith on The Gospel of Jesus Christ. But how could Abraham know this Gospel?

John 8:56-58
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto Him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
KJV

What did our Lord Jesus mean that Abraham saw His day, and was glad? That should be easier to understand after reading Galatians 3 by Apostle Paul. Jesus was the Melchizedek who met Abraham in Genesis 14 and offered him bread and wine. What is the bread and wine symbolic of that our Lord Jesus offered His disciples?

God gave Abraham the Promise by Faith first. That is why Abraham is the father of all those of Faith on The Gospel of Jesus Christ, all the way from His day down to today.

Gal 3:8-9
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed."
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

KJV

The blessing of The Gospel of Jesus Christ to Gentiles didn't begin with Apostle Paul's preaching. It began with Abraham's Faith, as Apostle Paul here himself admits!!! What specifically is that "blessing"?

Gal 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

KJV

Paul defines that "blessing" as "the promise of the Spirit". That is the "blessing of Abraham" according to Apostle Paul there.

If Apostle Paul had a different... gospel, than the Gospel that the other Apostles preached, then how could Paul preach this here about those of us of Faith having received "the blessing of Abraham" because of Abraham's Faith???

Paul is revealing here that Abraham understood more about The Gospel of Jesus Christ than what is normally taught in the Churches.

Gal 3:16-18
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
KJV

Did you know that the Promise God gave to Abraham involves that "inheritance" of "the promises"? What promises is Paul speaking about that we as Gentile believers have inherited with Abraham, which God gave Him by Promise??? (You'll find them listed in Genesis when God spoke to Abraham).

Gal 3:26-29
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
KJV

Wait a minute? I thought some say there's two gospels, one for the Jews, and another for the Gentiles?? How is it that Paul says there "There is neither Jew nor Greek" (put for Gentiles), that we are all one in Christ Jesus???

If you belong to Christ Jesus, I guarantee you, you are counted as Abraham's seed as Apostle Paul says there. Was Paul separating The Gospel in two by declaring that? Absolutely not! He was showing us whom Faith in The Gospel began with, and to whom God first gave The Promise, and to whom the first inheritor of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to whom the promises were, even all the way back in the Book of Genesis!

So why should any believer on Jesus Christ listen to a bunch of men's doctrines that deny our connection to Abraham as his children by Faith with preaching that Christ's Church only began with Paul?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you make of the following verse?

Gal 2:7, But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

It appears to me to be saying that there are two gospels: one to the uncircumcision given to Paul; and the other to the circumcision as it was given to Peter.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: Nancy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you make of the following verse?

Gal 2:7, But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

It appears to me to be saying that there are two gospels: one to the uncircumcision given to Paul; and the other to the circumcision as it was given to Peter.

Your thoughts?

The Gal.2:8 verse shouldn't be left out of that, because it's a parenthetical explanation by Paul of how... he meant that Gal.2:7 verse.

Gal 2:7-8
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For He That wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles.)

KJV

It simply means being 'sent', which is the meaning of the word for apostle. Paul was sent to preach to the Gentiles, and Peter was sent to preach mainly to Israel. But both of them preached to both Jews and Gentiles as the Book of Acts testifies. What did both of them preach? They preached Christ Jesus crucified, i.e., The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

What some men have done with that Gal.2:7 verse is abuse the word "gospel" there, and turn it into something totally outside the context of the Scripture. In the 8th verse Paul cleared up anything that might be misconstrued about the one Gospel.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you know that the Gospel preached to Abraham is the same Gospel we in Christ Jesus have believed?
And did you know that the Gospel was first preached to Adam, Eve, and Satan? It is called the "Protevangelium" (the Gospel before the Gospel).

And I will put enmity between thee [Satan] and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed [Christ]; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Gen 3:15)

This promise was fulfilled at the cross, and we see it expressed in Hebrews 2: Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. (Heb 2:14-16)

So Christ was both the seed of the woman and the seed of Abraham. And the Gospel has been one and the same from the very beginning -- GOD IS OUR SALVATION. And that is the name of Jesus (Yehoshua, Yeshua, Yahshua, Joshua).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I have a question.

Is there a different gospel for the circumcised, over the fact that if anyone is circumcised, he is required to keep the whole law; and also, if anyone is justified by the law, they are fallen from grace? (Galatians 5:1-4).

Is the circumcised individual kicked to the curb?

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That would be nasty. No, there is no separate Gospel for those who are former Jews, or former Muslims, or anyone who has been circumcised. In Christ circumcision means absolutely nothing. Check out all that Paul says about this.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 7:18, Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
1Co 7:19, Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
1Co 7:20, Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.
1Co 7:21, Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.
1Co 7:22, For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
1Co 7:23, Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
1Co 7:24, Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is still the issue of the fact that those who are circumcised are required to keep the whole law.

Gal 5:1, Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Gal 5:2, Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Gal 5:3, For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4, Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And did you know that the Gospel was first preached to Adam, Eve, and Satan? It is called the "Protevangelium" (the Gospel before the Gospel).

And I will put enmity between thee [Satan] and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed [Christ]; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Gen 3:15)

This promise was fulfilled at the cross, and we see it expressed in Hebrews 2: Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. (Heb 2:14-16)

So Christ was both the seed of the woman and the seed of Abraham. And the Gospel has been one and the same from the very beginning -- GOD IS OUR SALVATION. And that is the name of Jesus (Yehoshua, Yeshua, Yahshua, Joshua).

Yes, I well understand that. Hebrews tells us the main reason Jesus came to die on the cross was to defeat death and the devil. Jesus was ordained to the cross even before the foundation of this world, which is also when, according to Paul in Ephesians, that was when Christ's elect were chosen. God gave the Promise by Faith first to Abraham, which Paul said was the same Faith we have believed, and thus we are the children of Abraham. There has always been a faithful lineage of Israel that had the Gospel of Jesus Christ since Adam. The difference was they simply didn't live to see Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. Yet David was given to prophesy of it a thousand years before it happened (Ps.22).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I have a question.

Is there a different gospel for the circumcised, over the fact that if anyone is circumcised, he is required to keep the whole law; and also, if anyone is justified by the law, they are fallen from grace? (Galatians 5:1-4).

Circumcision of the flesh is of no account in Christ Jesus (Col.2:11).

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that the Gospel preached to Abraham is the same Gospel we in Christ Jesus have believed? This is what Apostle Paul taught in Galatians 3.

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
KJV

That shows The Gospel of Jesus Christ had an origin all the way... back in the Old Testament. Are we "of faith" like Abraham? Yes! Thus Paul deems us as "the children of Abraham", because of Abraham's Faith on The Gospel of Jesus Christ. But how could Abraham know this Gospel?

57 Then said the Jews unto Him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
KJV

What did our Lord Jesus mean that Abraham saw His day, and was glad? That should be easier to understand after reading Galatians 3 by Apostle Paul. Jesus was the Melchizedek who met Abraham in Genesis 14 and offered him bread and wine. What is the bread and wine symbolic of that our Lord Jesus offered His disciples?

God gave Abraham the Promise by Faith first. That is why Abraham is the father of all those of Faith on The Gospel of Jesus Christ, all the way from His day down to today.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed."

KJV

The blessing of The Gospel of Jesus Christ to Gentiles didn't begin with Apostle Paul's preaching. It began with Abraham's Faith, as Apostle Paul here himself admits!!! What specifically is that "blessing"?

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

KJV

Paul defines that "blessing" as "the promise of the Spirit". That is the "blessing of Abraham" according to Apostle Paul there.

If Apostle Paul had a different... gospel, than the Gospel that the other Apostles preached, then how could Paul preach this here about those of us of Faith having received "the blessing of Abraham" because of Abraham's Faith???

Paul is revealing here that Abraham understood more about The Gospel of Jesus Christ than what is normally taught in the Churches.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
KJV

Did you know that the Promise God gave to Abraham involves that "inheritance" of "the promises"? What promises is Paul speaking about that we as Gentile believers have inherited with Abraham, which God gave Him by Promise??? (You'll find them listed in Genesis when God spoke to Abraham).

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
KJV

Wait a minute? I thought some say there's two gospels, one for the Jews, and another for the Gentiles?? How is it that Paul says there "There is neither Jew nor Greek" (put for Gentiles), that we are all one in Christ Jesus???

If you belong to Christ Jesus, I guarantee you, you are counted as Abraham's seed as Apostle Paul says there. Was Paul separating The Gospel in two by declaring that? Absolutely not! He was showing us whom Faith in The Gospel began with, and to whom God first gave The Promise, and to whom the first inheritor of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to whom the promises were, even all the way back in the Book of Genesis!

So why should any believer on Jesus Christ listen to a bunch of men's doctrines that deny our connection to Abraham as his children by Faith with preaching that Christ's Church only began with Paul?
Great connections here @Davy . @"ByGrace" once shared a two minute video from Chuck Missler that has Jesus Gospel threaded through genealogy. Here it is:

Reactions: GodsGrace and Davy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that Galatians 5:1-4 is clear: those who are circumcised are required to keep the whole law.

This appears to me to be a different way of salvation than what Paul preaches is for the Gentiles in Galatians 2:16; if those who are circumcised can even be saved.

(I am playing devil's advocate here to a certain extent; I am attempting to get you to think about what the scriptures really teach on these matters. Do I have an answer? I don't know that I do. But I know that there is one.)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

Very nice post.
Lots of work involved.
Only One God.
Only One Gospel.

Reactions: Davy and Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It seems to me that Galatians 5:1-4 is clear: those who are circumcised are required to keep the whole law.

This appears to me to be a different way of salvation than what Paul preaches is for the Gentiles in Galatians 2:16; if those who are circumcised can even be saved.

(I am playing devil's advocate here to a certain extent; I am attempting to get you to think about what the scriptures really teach on these matters. Do I have an answer? I don't know that I do. But I know that there is one.)
Wasn't man always saved by faith?
Even in the O.T.....

The law was given for a few reasons...
NO ONE is saved by following the law of Moses or of man.

Only by faith and following the law of God...the 10 Commandments...and the two which Jesus left us with, which cover everything.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I don't see that as saying that.
Colossians 2:11 seems to be saying what I posted just above.
We are not saved by a bodily circumcision....just because Abraham was someone's father does not mean that person is saved...
We are saved by a spiritual circumcision of the heart...faith...as in the O.T.

Ezekiel 36:26
Mathew 3:9

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

Did you by any chance miss the words Foreseeing-Beforehand-would justify? all these words indicate it would occur in the future.

Galatians 3:6-8
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.

8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed." NKJV

Note the words “foreseeing“, “would justify“, “beforehand“. They clearly indicate that faith was not instituted at that time. It was to be a future event in the mysteries given to Paul..

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone is circumcised they are required to obey the whole law...all 613 commandments in the OT...perfectly from the moment they are circumcised into eternity...see Galatians 5:1-4.

I myself am circumcised.

So how does the passage in question not exclude me from salvation by faith in Jesus Christ? I am a debtor to the whole law according to the passage.

Since the law is the alternate means by which people attempt to come to God (and will fail every time; since perfect obedience is required, Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48); and since no flesh can be justified by the keeping of the law (Galatians 2:16, Romans 3:20); it appears to me that the Jew or circumcised man is excluded from justification by faith and must come to God through the law.

Although...

Philippians 3:1-9 tells me that, although Paul himself was circumcised and could have put his trust in his blameless walk according to the law; that he did not do so. He put no confidence in the flesh; and counted his previous record of blameless law-keeping as dung in order that he might win Christ; and be found in Him: not having his own righteousness, which was from the law: but the righteousness which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That should be in the past tense. The whole Law cannot possibly be observed today.
Most certainly, the whole law cannot possibly be observed today. It does not change the fact that circumcision creates a requirement to obey it fully.