No Misunderstanding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday 9-22-21 Tishri 14, 5782 4th. day of the weekly cycle, 1st. Fall Day

Our Daily Bread 22 September 2021 Devotional – No Misunderstanding

Our-Daily-Bread.jpg

Our Daily Bread 22 September 2021 Devotional Message for Wednesday By Anne Cetas (Our Daily Bread Ministries)

Click Here To Read Previous ODB Devotional Message

TOPIC: No Misunderstanding

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: Romans 8:26–30

KEY VERSE: We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him. – Romans 8:28

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ecclesiastes 10–12; Galatians 1

TODAY’S INSIGHT: The book of Romans was written by the apostle Paul to the believers in Christ in Rome most likely during his third missionary journey (around ad 57). He wrote this letter while in Corinth for a short while before heading to Jerusalem to deliver the offerings gathered by the churches of Asia to help the needy church in Jerusalem.

Paul hadn’t planted the church in Rome, nor had he ever met its members, but he’d heard of their faith, which was “being reported all over the world” (Romans 1:8). Therefore, Paul longed to visit to encourage and help make them strong in their faith (v. 11). Thus we have this wonderful explanation of the gospel:

“I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile” (v. 16).

Our Daily Bread 22 September 2021 Devotional Message:
Alexa, Siri, and other voice assistants embedded in smart devices in our homes occasionally misunderstand what we’re saying. A six-year-old talked to her family’s new device about cookies and a dollhouse.

Later her mom received an email saying that an order of seven pounds of cookies and a $170 dollhouse were on their way to her home. Even a talking parrot in London, whose owner had never bought anything online, somehow ordered a package of golden gift boxes without her knowledge. One person asked their device to “turn on the living room lights,” and it replied, “There is no pudding room.”

There’s no such misunderstanding on God’s part when we talk with Him. He’s never confused, because He knows our hearts better than we do. The Spirit both searches our hearts and understands God’s will. The apostle Paul told the churches in Rome that God promises He’ll accomplish His good purpose of maturing us and making us more like His Son (Romans 8:28–29).

Even when because of “our weakness” we don’t know what we need in order to grow, the Spirit prays according to God’s will for us (vv. 26–27).

Troubled about how to express yourself to God? Not understanding what or how to pray? Say what you can from the heart. The Spirit will understand and accomplish God’s purpose.

REFLECT & PRAY
What’s on your mind right now that you should share with God? How are you encouraged by the truth that He knows and understands what you’re facing?

Thank You, God, that You know my heart. I love You for that and many other reasons. Help me to express my thoughts to You and to trust You to understand.

Our Daily Bread 22 September 2021 Devotional Message. Our Daily Bread Ministries (ODB) is a Christian organization founded by Dr. Martin De Haan in 1938. It is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with over 600 employees. It produces several devotional publications, including Our Daily Bread.

(Visited 74 times, 39 visits today)
Tags: our Daily Bread 2021

Our Daily Bread (odb.org)

https://odb.org/video

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Last edited: