No Reply, Beatles 1964

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rene Asologuitar

Feb 5, 2022
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No Reply" is a song by the English rock band the Beatles from their 1964 album Beatles for Sale.
The lyrics typify Lennon's more introspective and mature songwriting on the Beatles for Sale album.

Dedicated to all peoples that have nowhere to go, or no one to get support from. Open your hearts and ears, there are still good people in this world!!!

Feedback is much appreciated.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who exactly are "the people that have nowhere to go, or no one to get support from"?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A DJ of a local Christian station is fond of saying something similar. "The world is full of nice people. If you cannot find one, be one."

It does not cost us to extend grace. Yet, we humans seem to share it most reluctantly - when it is needed most. :sleepy:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, but that passage (below) is open to some interpretation, for example "these brothers and sisters of mine" might mean we should help christians first and foremost..;)
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, but that passage (below) is open to some interpretation, for example "these brothers and sisters of mine" might mean we should help christians first and foremost..;)
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."
I believe God is more liable to forgive us for erring on the side of grace.

Reactions: Nancy