No scripture contradicts rapture teaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No scripture contradicts pre-trib rapture teaching

The bible says that Christ comes as a thief and no man knows the day and the hour. If I give me estimations on the end-time I would have to go with Isaac Newton....

And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half. Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060." - Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christs coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However Isaac Newton notes

It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." - Isaac Newton

So I would have....

Rapture - Christmas day, 2053
Return of Christ - Christmas day, 2060

But... The bible says...

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24

So though I may have an elaborate date prediction going on, yet I must say it is my best bet. Christ Jesus told me to be ready, for as such an hour as I think not the Son of Man cometh, which scripture also leads me to believe that it is pre-trib. It could happen today! And if I am mistaken about today it may come tomorrow! If I am ready for it I have nothing to loose and have walked obedient to scripture.

What is really sad is when people build elaborate end time predictions, and then hold those who do not agree with them as heretics. If Christ says the Father only knows of that day, then we must consider all date prediction and elaborate date predictions, including mine, stabs in the dark!

And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. - Acts 1:7

Pre-trib teaching is a product of the gentile mind. We do our best with what we have learned, but even after that there is no way of nailing exact dates, which the Father has put in his own power. So it pays to be ready on a daily basis, just in case, which they probably are, our date predictions are in error.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just wish He would take us out of here tomorrow.

Stranger

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
No scripture actually says God will take living people to heaven.

But we Christians do look forward to a great future, as God blesses His people on earth. Isaiah 30:18, Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-31, Psalm 37:29

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24

And,,,

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians 4

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
rockytopva said:

And,,,

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians 4
None of those prophesies say anything about going to heaven. That whole idea is made up from inference and wishful thinking.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 16:15
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heavenfold said:
You don't want that, I doubt you and the rest of the people on the planet are ready for the relationship on the other side.
Really. Whats the relationship on the other side?

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The bible says that Christ comes as a thief and no man knows the day and the hour. If I give me estimations on the end-time I would have to go with Isaac Newton....
Comes as a thief for whom?

Scripture tells me it's for those in darkness

I Thessalonians 5:4 "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

Reactions: The Good Path

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heavenfold said:
Read my testimony, in the testimony section.
So? Most everyone has near death experiences. Sounds to me like you wound up fuzzy headed instead of 'knowledgeable'.

So again, how do you know?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heavenfold said:
I didn't die..I was well and alive when that happened.
I didn't say you did.

Again, how do you know the relationship on the other side?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heavenfold said:
It is a relationship on the other side, the same thing Christians say.
I know how Christians know whats on the other side. How do you know?

Stranger

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought up in the Baptist church where the young people there were the epitome of decency. I then was Spirit filled in a Pentecostal Holiness church and that was an incredible experience.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:2-3

I see in my lifetime, as the doctrine of immanency fades away, that the purity of the church is fading away with it. People are getting arrogant, mean, hateful, and un-Christlike. Almost demonic!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
None of those prophesies say anything about going to heaven. That whole idea is made up from inference and wishful thinking.
And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law. - Genesis 19:4

The son in laws basically told Lot that the whole idea was made up from inference and wishful thinking.