Nobody Can "Let" God Do Anything.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 68:1 Has King David saying he is "Lett[ing] God arise." So, did God actually arise because David made that statement? Probably not. David had a history of being compulsive and humanly intuitive, learning most of His spirituality from his gross errors being judged by God.

Then there is Paul in Romans 3:4 stating, "Let God be true." As David, Paul was exuberant, but more in his verbal windage, with not much action as that which got David into trouble.

Today, there are hoards of Christians who make the statement that, somehow, they or other people should "Let God" do certain things. They base this nonsense upon these two verses above. Apparently, these Christians do not know God, in that He is Supreme over time, over matter, over small issues, over large issues, and over human outcomes. No person, regardless of how confident and spiritual they might feel, regardless of how arrogant their faith might be, can "let" God do anything.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Psalm 68:1 Has King David saying he is "Lett[ing] God arise." So, did God actually arise because David made that statement? Probably not. David had a history of being compulsive and humanly intuitive, learning most of His spirituality from his gross errors being judged by God.

Then there is Paul in Romans 3:4 stating, "Let God be true." As David, Paul was exuberant, but more in his verbal windage, with not much action as that which got David into trouble.

Today, there are hoards of Christians who make the statement that, somehow, they or other people should "Let God" do certain things. They base this nonsense upon these two verses above. Apparently, these Christians do not know God, in that He is Supreme over time, over matter, over small issues, over large issues, and over human outcomes. No person, regardless of how confident and spiritual they might feel, regardless of how arrogant their faith might be, can "let" God do anything.

Yes we all know what God can do. Right up untiil its time for Him to do it for us.
So we are well aware of what some people do. Whats that to you? We can go round pointing out everyones faults even though you have no permission to.
I point out all the time what we are not doing as Christians. But I also bring scripture telling how to rectify it that problem. Then its over to them to deal with it.

So the proof of what we believe is in our daily actions or none actions. You and I included. People say we are ambasodors for Christ. But they dont do what He done. People say I am just following Christ yet they dont follow His example. Not in healing or even in the least thing like forgiveness. nore in.
Christians say Christ is my rock and defender. Yet if you say one thing against them they will defend them selves quicker than a philadelphia lawyer.
We all got much to say. We all got much to teach but if you cant back it up with teaching how to do the right thing best to not say anything.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No person, regardless of how confident and spiritual they might feel, regardless of how arrogant their faith might be, can "let" God do anything.
i would disagree in a sense at least, as i don't believe that God overrides anyone's free will. We are given dominion on earth, and God does not impose His Will on anyone, as "Who told you that you were naked?" might illustrate. Also other vv develop this point, God telling persons that they needed to pray for a certain thing before He would or even could act, etc.

So a better perspective there might be that "letting God" is actually meant "i pray that God's will be done."

Reactions: Creek6 and pia

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we all know what God can do. Right up untiil its time for Him to do it for us.
So we are well aware of what some people do. Whats that to you? We can go round pointing out everyones faults even though you have no permission to.
I point out all the time what we are not doing as Christians. But I also bring scripture telling how to rectify it that problem. Then its over to them to deal with it.

So the proof of what we believe is in our daily actions or none actions. You and I included. People say we are ambasodors for Christ. But they dont do what He done. People say I am just following Christ yet they dont follow His example. Not in healing or even in the least thing like forgiveness. nore in.
Christians say Christ is my rock and defender. Yet if you say one thing against them they will defend them selves quicker than a philadelphia lawyer.
We all got much to say. We all got much to teach but if you cant back it up with teaching how to do the right thing best to not say anything.
Should people try to "let" God Do things?

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would disagree in a sense at least, as i don't believe that God overrides anyone's free will. We are given dominion on earth, and God does not impose His Will on anyone, as "Who told you that you were naked?" might illustrate. Also other vv develop this point, God telling persons that they needed to pray for a certain thing before He would or even could act, etc.

So a better perspective there might be that "letting God" is actually meant "i pray that God's will be done."
There is a clear distinction to be made from claiming to "let" God Do something, and exercising one's free will.

In fact, the point of this thread is to deny the illusion using one's free will can "let" God do anything. A better perspective is to avoid being deceived into thinking such unrighteousness. Unrighteousness is a wrong relationship to God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There is a clear distinction to be made from claiming to "let" God Do something, and exercising one's free will.

In fact, the point of this thread is to deny the illusion using one's free will can "let" God do anything. A better perspective is to avoid being deceived into thinking such unrighteousness. Unrighteousness is a wrong relationship to God.
imo the perspective of "letting God" is a good one, developed in many passages, 1Sam8 "listen to them, and give them a king," (iow, not "letting God")and many others. Earth is man's domain and final resting place, and God does not impose His Will on man. We are not forced to follow Christ, and we are allowed to elect kings if we choose, and not "let God" rule.

This strikes me as just the "free will or not?" debate reframed?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Should people try to "let" God Do things?
God and Jesus are now sitting theres a reason for that. The only time we know of Jesus rising is when they stoned Steven

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"We all know."
"We are well aware."
"We can go around."
"We all got much to teach."

Has somebody trained and placed you to speak for people you neither know nor can represent?

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo the perspective of "letting God" is a good one, developed in many passages, 1Sam8 "listen to them, and give them a king," (iow, not "letting God")and many others. Earth is man's domain and final resting place, and God does not impose His Will on man. We are not forced to follow Christ, and we are allowed to elect kings if we choose, and not "let God" rule.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Debate remains as stated.

Tell me exactly what you personally "let" God do.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God and Jesus are now sitting theres a reason for that. The only time we know of Jesus rising is when they stoned Steven
How does that bear upon this topic? Help my creative imagination. Lol.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mark 6:5 "And He could there do no mighty work, save that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6 And He marvelled because of their unbelief.
And he went round about the villages, teaching."

When we believe, we set Him free, when we don't, we bind Him and He cannot do what He would do.
Unbelief will always do this... Believing will allow Him to do anything in our life.

Reactions: pia

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 6:5 "And He could there do no mighty work, save that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6 And He marvelled because of their unbelief.
And he went round about the villages, teaching."

When we believe, we set Him free, when we don't, we bind Him and He cannot do what He would do.
Unbelief will always do this... Believing will allow Him to do anything in our life.
There is no Scripture which speaks of "setting Jesus free."

If you think this is possible, then tell me how you have personally "set Jesus free" in something you "let" Him do. Be real specific, just as Jesus commanded you to be in Matthew 5:16.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very interesting post. Short-sided in your judgment of David and Paul and what they said, but I like your overall point.

I say short-sided because you are taking two verses to make your claim as evidence against these men without considering all their writings. Absolutely they as humans had error and we can read about them in the Bible.

However I can't help but to think both these men understood God does what he wants when he wants to do it. Paul certaintly did when he said that God worketh all things after the council of his own will (eph 1). As for David... Many Psalms show his humility toward God. 139 for example when he says, "search me O Lord and know my heart. Try me and know thy thoughts, and lead me into the way everlasting."

Even furthermore, David has a testinony that he was a man after God's own heart and fulfilled all God's will.

There is the thought that God limits himself, and I believe that. Certainly Moses reminded God and talked him down because his Word said otherwise. Still... God has used a few loopholes every now and then.

So in short... Dude... Give ole Paul and David a break!

Then again I understand your main point. We are here for God; God is not here for us. We serve God's will. God is not here to serve our will. God said he would take care of us... But he ain't our personal bulldog.

So yea... If there are Christians saying they are going to "let God" do anything based on a shallow understanding of those two verses, they are sadly mistaken.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very interesting post. Short-sided in your judgment of David and Paul and what they said, but I like your overall point.

I say short-sided because you are taking two verses to make your claim as evidence against these men without considering all their writings. Absolutely they as humans had error and we can read about them in the Bible.

However I can't help but to think both these men understood God does what he wants when he wants to do it. Paul certaintly did when he said that God worketh all things after the council of his own will (eph 1). As for David... Many Psalms show his humility toward God. 139 for example when he says, "search me O Lord and know my heart. Try me and know thy thoughts, and lead me into the way everlasting."

Even furthermore, David has a testinony that he was a man after God's own heart and fulfilled all God's will.

There is the thought that God limits himself, and I believe that. Certainly Moses reminded God and talked him down because his Word said otherwise. Still... God has used a few loopholes every now and then.

So in short... Dude... Give ole Paul and David a break!

Then again I understand your main point. We are here for God; God is not here for us. We serve God's will. God is not here to serve our will. God said he would take care of us... But he ain't our personal bulldog.

So yea... If there are Christians saying they are going to "let God" do anything based on a shallow understanding of those two verses, they are sadly mistaken.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No!
You are obviously one of those legalists that want every i dotted and every t crossed.
I might as well quote- Jack and Jill went up the hill. ..and you'd find some argument.
I am much more interested in "the things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue." That is what moves us forward in our life and relationship with God..not nit-picking scriptures.
Maybe you should have put your thread in the Debate Forum and not in the Fellowship Forum.
I won't debate..it is fruitless , every one of us can cherry pick a verse here and a verse there just to prove 'our' point.
...Have at it...

Reactions: Job and pia

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you yourself considered "all" of David's and Paul's writings as you cite them? I doubt you do. And as such, then by your own standard you are short sighted. Perhaps you should discontinue your cheap ad hominem remarks, and try to address the OP. "Consider all." Lol.

As well, since you wish to create an interpersonal jabbing session here in this issue based Thread, you need to understand nobody here cares about what you "can't help but think." Such a thought process indicates poor self control. Care to learn howso?

Remember, Forum Rules do not allow personal comments as those you just made. But, you should be able to take them in return as you have dished them out. Tell me, are you pwrhaps proud of any sort of Christian academia you have completed?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Get a life...go and bait someone else. There are lots of debates on in that section, ..go for it, ..you would enjoy those I am sure.
So far, in all your posts, ( and yes I have read them) you have not said one nice or positive thing to anyone...

Proving yourself superior and right, obviously makes you feel good. Enjoy.
Have a nice time.

Last edited:

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get a life...go and bait someone else. There are lots of debates on in that section, ..go for it, ..you would enjoy those I am sure.
Proving yourself superior and right obviously makes you feel good. Enjoy.
Have a nice time.
"Superior?" Did you want me to be as you are?

You still have not said if you consider "all" of the writings of David and Paul when you cite those two people. Do you not know if you do? Yet, you readily told me to do so.

Was that an academically permissible statement from you? Tell me, do you use the Cultural/Historic Hermeneutic, so simple and popular today to employ, or do you use the Apostles' Hermeneutic as did they?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
. Believing will allow Him to do anything in our life.
He showed me once that we are to believe ONLY, not believe mixed with doubts. One example He showed me was that if a person, in order to say, save a drowning child, runs out on top of the water ( in the same way Jesus had walked on it ), while that persons faith is solid, so is the 'substance' that the person is 'walking/running on', but doubts are like punching little holes in the substance and once enough holes are there, they sink.....Heb 11:1......."NOW faith is the substance of the things hoped ( eagerly expected ) for, the evidence of things not yet seen." In my experience something described as 'substance' and 'evidence' , is not some airy fairy thing, but something REAL, and it was obviously real enough for Jesus to walk on ( and Peter too, till he doubted/feared ), when He walked on the water.
He also explained to me at the same time that :" Doubt is the beginning of fear." We cannot stop the enemy from bringing doubts into our minds, but we can and should reject them instantly and replace the thought of doubt with one of faith..... I am not suggesting that I am as yet perfect in this, or in any other thing to do with our life with/in Him, but I sure do love the way He can explain a thing to me, so that I can understand it, not being a learned person .... Be blessed always :)

Reactions: Helen