Non-denominational KJV-only Churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of non-denominational churches whose preachers only preach from the KJV?
My church is non-denominational but not legalistic about only using the KJV. Why is it important to you to find a church that does only use that version? God's word is God's word. And to be fair only English speaking nations have the option of the KJV.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like to hear the King James.

Sometimes lists of local churches are not listed under that sole criteria, though. In fact, often they are not.

My guess would be that if it is independent baptist and similar, it would more likely have preachers who would use the King James.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I like to hear the King James.
It's more poetic to hear but difficult to understand unless you have been brought up on it. Most new Christians haven't. At my first church after I was saved they used the Good News version which I loved and then they swapped to the NIV when that came out and that's the version i use most.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does anyone know of non-denominational churches whose preachers only preach from the KJV?
Why don't you do a Google search of churches in your area which use the KJV exclusively? If it is not immediately obvious, their Statements of Faith should tell you that that is their stand.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why is it important to you to find a church that does only use that version? God's word is God's word.
Unfortunately there is a huge difference between the King James Bible and all other modern versions in English. For example Acts 8:37 is missing from all of them, and that is only tip of the iceberg. So God's Word is no longer God's Word with thousands of omissions, many of them critical. And there are foreign language Bibles which are also equivalent to the KJB. The Trinitarian Bible Society specializes in printing them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately there is a huge difference between the King James Bible and all other modern versions in English. For example Acts 8:37 is missing from all of them, and that is only tip of the iceberg. So God's Word is no longer God's Word with thousands of omissions, many of them critical. And there are foreign language Bibles which are also equivalent to the KJB. The Trinitarian Bible Society specializes in printing them.
Even so! My Spanish and German Bibles, both from which I read regularly, are very similar to the KJV in grammatical structure. When I read either of them, I always have a KJV open as well.

I have many other English versions, but I only use them for reference...never for primary reading or study.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try this website:

Assemble Anywhere » KJV Churches

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you greatly & always stay faithful to Him.
The churches I attended from 1976 to 2018 always used only the KJV versions from the pulpit or for teaching, preaching or discussion, to avoid confusion, but those assemblies were not KJV only in the sense you mean it. Neither am I.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The churches I attended from 1976 to 2018 always used only the KJV versions from the pulpit or for teaching, preaching or discussion, to avoid confusion, but those assemblies were not KJV only in the sense you mean it. Neither am I.

I can imagine they are not all truly KJB Only. But it’s a good place to start to find them - IMHO.
I was blessed by God to be KJB Only when I first got saved. I looked at the KJB vs. Modern bibles early on in my walk with Christ and that was enough for me at the time. Later in years, when I really started to study the issue again in more depth, I was overwhelmed with even more of a floodgate of evidence that the KJB is the Word of God for today. I have 100 plus reasons for KJB being the Word of God for today. I hope to share it soon in the near future when I polish my writing on each of the points involving Scripture. But I can see it from your perspective as to why you don’t accept KJB Only. Many see it as ridiculous that God would preserve His Word in 1600’s KJB English.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can imagine they are not all truly KJB Only. But it’s a good place to start to find them - IMHO.
I was blessed by God to be KJB Only when I first got saved. I looked at the KJB vs. Modern bibles early on in my walk with Christ and that was enough for me at the time. Later in years, when I really started to study the issue again in more depth, I was overwhelmed with even more of a floodgate of evidence that the KJB is the Word of God for today. I have 100 plus reasons for KJB being the Word of God for today. I hope to share it soon in the near future when I polish my writing on each of the points involving Scripture. But I can see it from your perspective as to why you don’t accept KJB Only. Many see it as ridiculous that God would preserve His Word in 1600’s KJB English.
I believe that any man will have problems reading any Bible with understanding when he has not been drawn by the Father to Jesus and led by the Holy Spirit:

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him..." John 6:44

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you need to be a bit more open to scripture. The KJV is not the only or best version and to insist on KJV only preaching is to limit yourself.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear that it is preference of many to stick with the King James version. Some doctrine is lost in other translations.

King James Only? Is the King James Version the Only Inspired English Bible?

King James only literature says that the NASB and NIV, the two most popular modern translations 20 years ago, make some 5,000 changes in the Greek text of the New Testament, often leaving out important words and phrases.

For example, the King James Version says in Colossians 1:14 that we have redemption "through his blood." Modern translations, following an updated Greek text, usually leave out "through his blood."

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that any man will have problems reading any Bible with understanding when he has not been drawn by the Father to Jesus and led by the Holy Spirit:
"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him..." John 6:44
John 6:44 is saying that no man can come to GOD on their own terms. Meaning if they disobey God's Word or the Scriptures, then GOD is not going to abide in their life and they are not going to have a relationship with GOD in order to be guided by GOD.

John 6:45 is referring to the Jew who has HEARD and LEARNED of the Father (Suggesting that they have a relationship with GOD) so as to be guided by GOD to come to Jesus. They are guided or drawn by GOD to come to Jesus because they have a relationship with GOD the Father. Without this relationship, they cannot be drawn or guided by GOD.

Having GOD in your life means you get the benefits (like being drawn, illuminated, etc.). How does one have GOD and or Jesus in their life? Jesus says if you keep my commandments, the Father and Jesus will make their home or abode in you (See: John 14:23). One of these commands is to believe on Jesus Christ (1 John 3:23). Another is to love others in the way Christ loved the disciples. “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” (John 13:34).

You said:
"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
You said:
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

“Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” (2 Corinthians 3:6).

Paul was talking about himself and the apostles. They were made ministers by the Spirit and not by the Torah (which is the letter that kills because if one murdered, they themselves could be killed as a part of the Law). Surely they were not speaking against or referring to the written record of the gospels, Acts, the apostles’ instructional letters, etcetera.

Reactions: amadeus

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like KJV too. I have a large print edition. I also have and use regularly a NKJV. the reason I bought that one is the type size is bigger that my Large Print KJV. This is the giant Print, and if I find one in KJV, I will buy it.

(I wish they had a Giant print notebook edition, because I write and highlight in my Bibles.)
Giant
upload_2022-2-19_8-50-51.png

Large
upload_2022-2-19_8-52-10.png

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:44 is saying that no man can come to GOD on their own terms. Meaning if they disobey God's Word or the Scriptures, then GOD is not going to abide in their life and they are not going to have a relationship with GOD in order to be guided by GOD.

John 6:45 is referring to the Jew who has HEARD and LEARNED of the Father (Suggesting that they have a relationship with GOD) so as to be guided by GOD to come to Jesus. They are guided or drawn by GOD to come to Jesus because they have a relationship with GOD the Father. Without this relationship, they cannot be drawn or guided by GOD.

Having GOD in your life means you get the benefits (like being drawn, illuminated, etc.). How does one have GOD and or Jesus in their life? Jesus says if you keep my commandments, the Father and Jesus will make their home or abode in you (See: John 14:23). One of these commands is to believe on Jesus Christ (1 John 3:23). Another is to love others in the way Christ loved the disciples. “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” (John 13:34).

“Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” (2 Corinthians 3:6).

Paul was talking about himself and the apostles. They were made ministers by the Spirit and not by the Torah (which is the letter that kills because if one murdered, they themselves could be killed as a part of the Law). Surely they were not speaking against or referring to the written record of the gospels, Acts, the apostles’ instructional letters, etcetera.
I am certainly Not against referring to the written words recorded in our Bibles, but I am not the only one who does that. There are people on this forum who do that but disagree with my conclusions. God understands the 'why' of that. The difference is in the Holy Spirit leading or not. Does any believer ever quench the Holy Spirit and sometimes lead himself or allow his old ways to lead? Have I ever quenched the Holy Spirit myself...? What happens when anyone does that? Error?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem. 10:23

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am certainly against referring to the written words recorded in our Bibles, but I am not the only one who does that. There are people on this forum who do that but disagree with my conclusions. God understands the 'why' of that. The difference is in the Holy Spirit leading or not. Does any believer ever quench the Holy Spirit and sometimes lead himself or allow his old ways to lead? Have I ever quenched the Holy Spirit myself...? What happens when anyone does that? Error?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem. 10:23

If I am understanding you correctly you are saying you are against the written words in the Bible. If so... this is a seriously flawed way of thinking, my friend.
I like KJV too. I have a large print edition. I also have and use regularly a NKJV. the reason I bought that one is the type size is bigger that my Large Print KJV. This is the giant Print, and if I find one in KJV, I will buy it.

(I wish they had a Giant print notebook edition, because I write and highlight in my Bibles.)
Giant
View attachment 20635

Large
View attachment 20636

They have an 11 point font (lamb skin) KJB Note Taking Bible at the KJV Store.
Three downsides (Maybe):

#1. It is 115 bucks, and
#2. it will not ship until March or April.
#3. It’s not Giant Print or Large font. It’s regular font size (11 point font) but it’s not a 9 point like other note taking Bibles (Which is really small). Large print is generally 16 to 18 point size. Giant print is anything larger than this. Regular print is usually 10 or 12 point.

Here is the link (if you are interested in buying it):

KJV Note Taker's Bible - Lambskin Edition

Last edited: