Non trins are not christians or Jesus' followers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Then I am not sure you even understand why you need Jesus. We are condemned without Christ, and that absolutely requires that God must pass judgment at some point. Your theology is born of a relativist framework where you repeatedly chastise others for having opinions, yet your own opinions and feelings are the very things you put forth as reasoning for your beliefs!

As the NLT does a solid and simple job of phrasing:

Matthew 7:1-2 NLT

Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

We will be judged by a Holy God, but thankfully and blessedly we are judged by righteousness we are imputed from Jesus.
Above is Hammer' post.

Jesus says not to judge others, yet Trinity believers judge their nay sayers as non-believers.

Do you not see the irony of your comment?

blessings.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no irony.

The Bible is clear on the nature of the triune God. The logic required to subordinate Jesus as a non-deity (or quasi-deity) was rightly declared heretical long ago and for good reason because it opened the door to numerous other heresies, which are often cloaked in deliberate deception or vagueness. This is one thing the spectrum of Christianity agrees upon! As the Apostle Paul said, there are certainly other gospels floating out there, and are we not called to instruct against the error of those ways?

Titus 2:12-13
And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.

And, unfortunately, our age loves to cloak thoughtlessness and lack of reasoning behind the banner of being nonjudgmental. All one need do is sound super-spiritual enough.

If you are making an argument at all, be it here in the forums or even in a public forum with one person, you are making a judgment call on what you're espousing. I fully expect God to judge me for my understanding (or lack thereof) of the trinity. I don't claim to fully understand it or even be an expert on it, but Scripture is pretty clear in the status of Jesus. It also clearly states that Jesus was fully man and fully God, evident from verses like the one above. This really isn't an argument that there is much grey area on, other than small groups who come in and out of vogue as they attempt to redefine Jesus. I am not making this call or decision; the entire Christian Church universal has made this call or decision, very clearly based upon Biblical evidence.

To complete the context to the quotation of my post above, the individual to who I was responding maintained that everyone else had a personal opinion to which he effectively did not. This commentary comes even though he referred to what he doesn't care for in theology. His own opinion mediated by nothing, other than his own mind which is precisely what 2 Peter 1:20 spoke out against.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
There is no irony.

The Bible is clear on the nature of the triune God. The logic required to subordinate Jesus as a non-deity (or quasi-deity) was rightly declared heretical long ago and for good reason because it opened the door to numerous other heresies, which are often cloaked in deliberate deception or vagueness. This is one thing the spectrum of Christianity agrees upon!
Where does Jesus say you have to believe in the trinity or Jesus is God to be saved?

BTW, Jesus says He is Son of God and Savior of the world clearly and I believe it.

I base my faith according what Jesus says. So I am Jesus' follower.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I base my faith according what Jesus says. So I am Jesus' follower.
And you say that elsewhere as well. I do not discount your sincerity of belief, but you also have spent considerable time explaining that certain passages are not to be heeded because of a very narrow and literal interpretation on your part as to what the words of Jesus are. These seem to be generally quite limited to the gospels, while Christianity clearly maintains that the entire Bible is, versus what we pick and choose.

What you're doing is what I call cafeteria Christianity. It's picking and choosing what one likes and what makes one feel good. This is not Christianity, it's something else.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
And you say that elsewhere as well. I do not discount your sincerity of belief, but you also have spent considerable time explaining that certain passages are not to be heeded because of a very narrow and literal interpretation on your part as to what the words of Jesus are. These seem to be generally quite limited to the gospels, while Christianity clearly maintains that the entire Bible is, versus what we pick and choose.

What you're doing is what I call cafeteria Christianity. It's picking and choosing what one likes and what makes one feel good. This is not Christianity, it's something else.
I am picking what Jesus says. Afterall Christians are Christ' followers.

There are too many Christians using the scriptures to make their own doctrines. In order to make my faith simple, I focus on what Jesus says.

One excellent example is ASAS doctrine.

And RCC is doing the same thing. They base their doctrines without what Jesus says.

Man-made doctrines make simple Christianity complicated which is a grave sin.

blessings.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Joyful, may I ask you, then, what you think these gospel verses mean?
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Or what Jesus meant when He said to Philip:

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Philip was confused by Jesus' earlier statement:

Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

But was Thomas confused?

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

I'm interested in hearing what you have to say, Joyful.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seem to me when I hear most Holy trinity belief they are really oneness.
When I hear about oneness belief they seem to believe three in one.
There is some trinity that believe there are three separate individual being not just one.

mystery....

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Joyful, may I ask you, then, what you think these gospel verses mean?
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

to be honest, I don't know this verse. It is just out of context with Jesus' own ward. Jesus never indicated He is God Himself. He consistently said He is Son of God over and over.

Or what Jesus meant when He said to Philip:

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?[/QUOTE]
Because Jesus has been saying He was sent by His Father. So if we listen to Him we know God the Father because Jesus is Messenger or Representative of the Father.

But was Thomas confused?

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

I'm interested in hearing what you have to say, Joyful.
[/quote]

It seems to me Thomas was addressing both God and the Lord, Jesus.

blessings.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
There is some trinity that believe there are three separate individual being not just one.

mystery....
No where in the Bible says Father, the Son and the HS make one God. And Bible says it clear: God is one. God is the Father, Jesus is His right hand, our Lord and Savior.

those are all gave to Jesus by His Father. God is the source of everything, including the salvation.

Jesus says He cannot do anything on His own. He says He does the will of His Father, His God.

Salvation is not mystery, brother. Our own doctrines make it mystery.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
BTW, Jesus also says His followers are His brothers and sisters. And His God is our God.

Jesus is our sinless Brother and now sitting in right hand of almighty God because He accomplished God's mission to died for our sins.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Seem to me when I read this it is saying that there are two different beings.

One is the Word which has a beginning.

I always thought it has been said "God has no beginning."

Also Rev. 19 mention the Word riding on a white horse and we know that is Jesus.

verse 2 says the same was in the beginning with God = the same here is the Word

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Bible_Gazer said:

Seem to me when I read this it is saying that there are two different beings.

One is the Word which has a beginning.

I always thought it has been said "God has no beginning."

Also Rev. 19 mention the Word riding on a white horse and we know that is Jesus.

verse 2 says the same was in the beginning with God = the same here is the Word
It says the Word was God.
That seems pretty clear.
It also says that He made everything that is made, and that without Him nothing was made.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Bible_Gazer said:

mystery....
I've always wondered what was the difference between "Trinity" and "Oneness" myself.
But then, it is my contention that a man trying to understand the essential character of God would be comparable to my little dog trying to learn about quantum physics.
I mean, he's an awful smart little guy, and all....but....

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
There are too many verses that prove that Jesus is God.
And we know that the Bible does not contradict itself.
Some verses are not clear. that's why I use clear statements. You have only a few verses to support your claim.

I will bring up the verses that you may have been disregarding or ignoring.

blessings.

1)Isaiah 40:25-26 (New International Version)

25 "To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.

26 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.

Luke 18:19 (New International Version)

19"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.

YHWH is source of salvation:

24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1: 24-25)

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
You see, Jesus says only God is good. He did not including Himself in His statement.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
It says the Word was God.
That seems pretty clear.
It also says that He made everything that is made, and that without Him nothing was made.
We and Angels can be called Gods. john 10:34
Moses was made a god before Pharaoh Ex 7:1
Jesus is a God, but not the almighty. Isa. Isa. 9:6 Heb.1:8-9
Jesus has a savior that he prayed to. Hebrews 5:7

Word is a God
The same was in he beginning with God